Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday's Trends and Indexes - 1/4 (NBA, NCAAB, Misc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's Trends and Indexes - 1/4 (NBA, NCAAB, Misc.)

Trends and Indexes

Friday, January 4

Good Luck on day #4 of 2013!

At this time, the sports menu in this thread consists of NBA and NCAAB until their seasons are played out. Also, general sports news and notes will be posted.

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NCAAB Matchups

NCAAB Hot and Not

NCAAB Injuries

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

Six worst bowl games so far this season......

-- Oklahoma State 58, Purdue 14-- Game was over at the coin flip.

-- Georgia Tech 21, USC 7-- Another stellar coaching job by Lane Kiffin.

-- Syracuse 38, West Virginia 14-- Bowls weren't meant for snowy days.

-- Virginia Tech 13, Rutgers 10 OT-- If a close game makes this list, you know it was a terrible game.

-- Arizona State 62, Navy 28-- Rough year for service academies.

-- Baylor 49, UCLA 26-- Bruins sagged after upsetting USC.

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Clearing out a cluttered mind.........

13) Colorado banked in a 3 to beat Arizona at the buzzer, but after looking at an inconclusive replay (it was thisclose), refs waved the hoop off, and 'zona beat the Buffaloes by 9 in OT. Highway robbery, in my mind.

That said, Colorado butchered the last minute trying to protect their lead, but that doesn't excuse the refs from giving home team a second chance to win, and I do mean giving them. If the replay is inconclusive, the original call has to stand, and this replay was nothing if not inconclusive.

12) Bruce Arians went 21-45 as HC at Temple from 1983-88; since then, he’s bounced around the country as an assistant coach, with six pro teams and two colleges. Thanks to the Colts’ storybook season this year, Arians is getting some looks from NFL teams as a head coach. At age 60.

Rumor has it Ben Roethlisberger wasn’t happy the Steelers let Arians go last year. Interesting to see if someone will give a 60-year old his first NFL head coaching gig.

11) Rumors are persisting that Nick Saban wants another shot at the NFL; whether this is true, or whether its Notre Dame people planting seeds trying to disrupt the Crimson Tide’s preparation for Monday night’s game, it’ll be interesting to follow. I wouldn’t be too anxious to be the guy that follows Saban in Tuscaloosa. The bar has been set very, very high.

10) It was so cold here in Albany Thursday, I had to scrape the inside of my windshield to get ice off it. This is not good. At 3 in the afternoon, it was all of 10 degrees. Terrific. I hate winter.

9) Sunday night, March 31, Rangers at Astros in ESPN's season opener for baseball. First AL game for Houston. That’s not Final Four weekend, by the way; that’s the night of the last two regional finals. Baseball and college hoop overlap for a week this year.

8) If you invest in NBA games, you should know that Western Conference teams are already 34 games over .500 ATS when playing teams from the Eastern Conference. Just thought you should know.

7) Jets have already fired their GM and offensive coordinator; Thursday they fired their strength coach, as everyone but Rex Ryan takes the fall for this year’s debacle.

6) Baseball-reference.com informs us today that the fop four batters, in career OPS against the Red Sox are:
    1) Nelson Cruz 2) Lou Gehrig 3) Frank Robinson 4) Mike Napoli.

Cruz is a good hitter, but not often you’ll see him ranked above two Hall of Famers in any category.

5) Rose/Orange Bowl did 11% better rating than LY’s games did. Not sure what that means, since neither game was especially interesting, though the Rose Bowl was close, at least. Maybe the Northern Illinois game did well in Chicago.

4) If I’m a Packer fan, I’m worried because Minnesota ran ball for 240-217 yards in their two meetings last month; if I’m a Viking Fan, I’m worried because Minnesota is 0-4 in outdoor games this year—all three of their road wins were in domes.

3) If I’m a Bengal fan, I’m worried because my team has never won a road playoff game (0-5). If I’m a Texan fan, I’m worried because my team just gagged away the #1 seed and a first round bye.

2) If I’m a Colts fan, I’m worried because Ray Rice is on the other side, and Indy gave up 352 rushing yards to the 2-14 Chiefs a couple weeks ago. If I’m a Ravens' fan, I’m worried because we’ve lost four of our last five games, and Indy has beaten us in eight of last nine meetings.

1) If I’m a Seattle fan, I’m worried because Washington won its last seven games and has a coach who won two Super Bowls. If I’m a Redskin fan, I’m worried because my QB is banged up and Seattle has been dominating teams with its defense. I’m also really glad Tony Romo plays for Dallas, or they might be playing in this game instead of us.

Comment

NCAAB
      Dunkel

Iona at Siena
      The Saints look to bounce back from their 80-52 loss to LaSalle and build on their 4-0 ATS record in their last 4 games after losing by more than 20 points in their previous game. Siena is the pick (+13) according to Dunkel, which has the Gaels favored by only 8 1/2. Dunkel Pick Siena (+13). Here are all of today's games.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 4

Game 823-824: George Washington at Georgia (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: George Washington 53.682; Georgia 61.804
      Dunkel Line: Georgia by 8
      Vegas Line: Georgia by 5
      Dunkel Pick: Georgia (-5)

Game 825-826: Brown at Rhode Island (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Brown 44.560; Rhode Island 61.422
      Dunkel Line: Rhode Island by 17
      Vegas Line: Rhode Island by 9
      Dunkel Pick: Rhode Island (-9)

Game 827-828: Cleveland State at Valparaiso (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland State 48.286; Valparaiso 59.228
      Dunkel Line: Valparaiso by 11
      Vegas Line: Valparaiso by 13 1/2
      Dunkel Pick: Cleveland State (+13 1/2)

Game 829-830: Memphis at Tennessee (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Memphis 65.837; Tennessee 69.238
      Dunkel Line: Tennessee by 3 1/2; 122
      Vegas Line: Tennessee by 2; 126
      Dunkel Pick: Tennessee (-2); Under

Game 831-832: Fordham at Mississippi (9:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Fordham 48.255; Mississippi 65.913
      Dunkel Line: Mississippi by 17 1/2
      Vegas Line: Mississippi by 19 1/2
      Dunkel Pick: Fordham (+19 1/2)

Game 833-834: Manhattan at St. Peter's (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Manhattan 48.046; St. Peter's 53.136
      Dunkel Line: St. Peter's by 5
      Vegas Line: St. Peter's by 3
      Dunkel Pick: St. Peter's (-3)

Game 835-836: Iona at Siena (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Iona 57.617; Siena 48.963
      Dunkel Line: Iona by 8 1/2
      Vegas Line: Iona by 13
      Dunkel Pick: Siena (+13)

Game 837-838: Rider at Loyola-MD (7:30 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Rider 50.295; Loyola-MD 56.644
      Dunkel Line: Loyola-MD by 6 1/2
      Vegas Line: Loyola-MD by 7 1/2
      Dunkel Pick: Rider (+7 1/2)

Game 839-840: Wofford at Tulane (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Wofford 54.775; Tulane 60.783
      Dunkel Line: Tulane by 6
      Vegas Line: Tulane by 8 1/2
      Dunkel Pick: Wofford (+8 1/2)

Comment

NCAAB
        Long Sheet

Friday, January 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGE WASHINGTON (6 - 6) at GEORGIA (5 - 7) - 1/4/2013, 7:00 PM
        Top Trends for this game.
        GEORGE WASHINGTON is 54-81 ATS (-35.1 Units) in non-conference games since 1997.
        GEORGE WASHINGTON is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
        GEORGIA is 6-19 ATS (-14.9 Units) versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game over the last 3 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
        There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

BROWN (4 - 7) at RHODE ISLAND (4 - 8) - 1/4/2013, 7:00 PM

BROWN is 2-10 ATS (-9.0 Units) in road games after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
        RHODE ISLAND is 2-14 ATS (-13.4 Units) as a home favorite of 9.5 to 12 points since 1997.
        RHODE ISLAND is 69-110 ATS (-52.0 Units) in all home games since 1997.
        RHODE ISLAND is 69-110 ATS (-52.0 Units) in home lined games since 1997.
        RHODE ISLAND is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in home games in January games over the last 3 seasons.
        RHODE ISLAND is 25-42 ATS (-21.2 Units) in home games after a non-conference game since 1997.
        RHODE ISLAND is 18-40 ATS (-26.0 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

RHODE ISLAND is 1-1 against the spread versus BROWN over the last 3 seasons
        RHODE ISLAND is 1-1 straight up against BROWN over the last 3 seasons
        1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

CLEVELAND ST (8 - 6) at VALPARAISO (10 - 5) - 1/4/2013, 7:00 PM

CLEVELAND ST is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) as an underdog this season.
        CLEVELAND ST is 6-15 ATS (-10.5 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
        VALPARAISO is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) on Friday nights over the last 3 seasons.

VALPARAISO is 3-1 against the spread versus CLEVELAND ST over the last 3 seasons
        VALPARAISO is 3-1 straight up against CLEVELAND ST over the last 3 seasons
        2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MEMPHIS (9 - 3) at TENNESSEE (8 - 3) - 1/4/2013, 8:00 PM

MEMPHIS is 11-23 ATS (-14.3 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
        MEMPHIS is 11-23 ATS (-14.3 Units) in non-conference games over the last 3 seasons.
        TENNESSEE is 15-4 ATS (+10.6 Units) in all home games over the last 2 seasons.
        TENNESSEE is 15-4 ATS (+10.6 Units) in home lined games over the last 2 seasons.
        MEMPHIS is 189-145 ATS (+29.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.

TENNESSEE is 2-1 against the spread versus MEMPHIS over the last 3 seasons
        MEMPHIS is 2-1 straight up against TENNESSEE over the last 3 seasons
        2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

FORDHAM (4 - 10) at OLE MISS (10 - 2) - 1/4/2013, 9:00 PM

FORDHAM is 162-208 ATS (-66.8 Units) in all games since 1997.
        FORDHAM is 162-208 ATS (-66.8 Units) in all lined games since 1997.
        FORDHAM is 123-162 ATS (-55.2 Units) as an underdog since 1997.
        OLE MISS is 38-21 ATS (+14.9 Units) after scoring 80 points or more since 1997.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

MANHATTAN (3 - 9) at ST PETERS (6 - 6) - 1/4/2013, 7:00 PM

ST PETERS is 30-11 ATS (+17.9 Units) versus poor offensive teams - scoring <=64 points/game since 1997.
        MANHATTAN is 10-0 ATS (+10.0 Units) in road games in January games over the last 3 seasons.

ST PETERS is 2-2 against the spread versus MANHATTAN over the last 3 seasons
        ST PETERS is 2-2 straight up against MANHATTAN over the last 3 seasons
        3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

IONA (7 - 6) at SIENA (2 - 11) - 1/4/2013, 7:00 PM

SIENA is 35-20 ATS (+13.0 Units) after scoring 60 points or less since 1997.
        IONA is 37-21 ATS (+13.9 Units) in road games in January games since 1997.
        SIENA is 14-27 ATS (-15.7 Units) against conference opponents over the last 3 seasons.

SIENA is 3-2 against the spread versus IONA over the last 3 seasons
        IONA is 3-2 straight up against SIENA over the last 3 seasons
        3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

RIDER (6 - 8) at LOYOLA-MD (9 - 5) - 1/4/2013, 7:30 PM

RIDER is 39-20 ATS (+17.0 Units) in road games in January games since 1997.
        RIDER is 14-5 ATS (+8.5 Units) in road games after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
        LOYOLA-MD is 48-77 ATS (-36.7 Units) in all home games since 1997.
        LOYOLA-MD is 48-77 ATS (-36.7 Units) in home lined games since 1997.
        LOYOLA-MD is 41-67 ATS (-32.7 Units) in home games against conference opponents since 1997.
        LOYOLA-MD is 23-40 ATS (-21.0 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

LOYOLA-MD is 2-2 against the spread versus RIDER over the last 3 seasons
        RIDER is 3-1 straight up against LOYOLA-MD over the last 3 seasons
        2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

WOFFORD (6 - 7) at TULANE (11 - 3) - 1/4/2013, 8:00 PM

TULANE is 17-37 ATS (-23.7 Units) in home games in January games since 1997.

WOFFORD is 1-0 against the spread versus TULANE over the last 3 seasons
        WOFFORD is 1-0 straight up against TULANE over the last 3 seasons
        1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Comment

NCAAB
          Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, January 4

-- George Washington turns ball over 24.8% of time; they're 2-3 on road, losing by 3 at Rutgers, 4 at Bradley on last two road trips. Colonials are 0-5 vs teams in top 130, 6-1 otherwise. #132 Georgia won its last three games after losing seven of previous eight; they're 4-3 at home, with two losses in OT. Dawgs also turn ball over a lot (21.7% of time).
          -- Brown upset Rhode Island 65-56 LY, as Rams were so awful they've changed coaches; Bruins had lost previous nine visits to URI, with six of nine wins by double digit margin. Rams are 4-3 in last seven games after 0-5 start; they're 4-1 vs teams outside top 150, winning by 6-10-22-5 points. Brown upset Providence, then lost at Albany in last two games.
          -- Cleveland State lost last four games vs D-I teams (two non-D-I wins) by 17-34-30-17 points; Vikings lost last three visits to Valparaiso by 6-6-7 points. State's best win is over #187 Toledo. Crusaders got upset in last game by Valparaiso; they're 7-0 vs teams outside top 200, beating bad teams by 31-23-31-13-11-8-20 points.

-- Memphis beat Tennessee twice LY, once in double OT on a neutral court, by 18 at home; hosts are 5-2 in last eight series games, as Tigers lost two of last three visits here. Memphis' three losses are all teams in top 20- they beat Ohio by 26, in other top 100 game. Tennessee scored 45-36-38 points in its losses, all to top 50 teams, by 17-1-8 points.
          -- 10-2 Ole Miss forces turnovers 24.2% of time; they're 8-0 vs teams outside top 200, with seven of eight wins by 15+ points. Rebels start SEC play Wednesday vs Tennessee; this is their first game in 10 days. Fordham is 1-6 vs top 100 teams, with five of six losses by 15+ points; they turn ball over 23.4% of time, but they've played #32 schedule.
          -- 3-9 Manhattan turns ball over 27% of time, shoots 31.3% from arc, 64.1% from line, all bad numbers; Jaspers lost four of last five visits to St Peter's, winning here LY after losing previous four visits by 17-28-3-10 points. Peacocks lost seven of last ten games after 3-0 start; four of their last five games were decided by six or less points.

-- Siena lost its last nine games; their last win was seven weeks ago, but they've beaten Iona here six years in row. 2-11 Saints lost to LaSalle by 28 in only game vs top 100 team this year- they turn ball over 23.8% of time, shoot just 58.9% from foul line. Erratic Gaels play #9 pace in US but are just 7-6- they've won four of last six games.
          -- Loyola lost four of last six games after 7-1 start, but they're 7-0 when playing teams outside top 200, with six of seven wins by 12+ points. Home side won four of their last six games with Rider; Broncs lost two of last three visits here. Rider turns ball over 24.1% of time; they've lost last four games, are 2-6 vs teams in top 150, losing by 8-11-13-17-12-7.
          -- Wofford had won four of last five games before losing by 35 last game at Virginia; Terriers beat Tulane by 11 at home LY, so despite turning ball over 22% of time and shooting 39.7% inside arc, they won't get lot of sympathy from Green Wave squad that won 11 of last 13 games, and won at Alabama last game. Tulane has played schedule #342 so far.

Comment

NCAAB

Friday, January 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Trend Report
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 PM
            YALE vs. HOLY CROSS
            Yale is 2-12 SU in its last 14 games on the road
            No trends available

CLEVELAND STATE vs. VALPARAISO

Cleveland State is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games on the road
            Cleveland State is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of Valparaiso's last 7 games when playing Cleveland State
            Valparaiso is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cleveland State

IONA vs. SIENA

Iona is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games on the road
            Iona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
            Siena is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
            Siena is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games

MANHATTAN vs. SAINT PETER'S

Manhattan is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Saint Peter's
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of Manhattan's last 7 games when playing on the road against Saint Peter's
            Saint Peter's is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Manhattan
            Saint Peter's is 3-12 SU in its last 15 games at home

GEORGE WASHINGTON vs. GEORGIA

George Washington is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games on the road
            Georgia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home

BROWN vs. RHODE ISLAND

Brown is 3-22 SU in its last 25 games on the road
            Brown is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Rhode Island
            Rhode Island is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games at home
            Rhode Island is 6-14 SU in its last 20 games

7:30 PM
            RIDER vs. LOYOLA

Rider is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games on the road
            Rider is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Loyola
            Loyola is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
            Loyola is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games

8:00 PM
            WOFFORD vs. TULANE

Wofford is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
            Tulane is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
            Tulane is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

MEMPHIS vs. TENNESSEE

Memphis is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis's last 5 games on the road
            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tennessee's last 7 games when playing Memphis
            Tennessee is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Memphis

SAVANNAH STATE vs. SAINT LOUIS

No trends available
            Saint Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
            Saint Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

9:00 PM
            FORDHAM vs. MISSISSIPPI

Fordham is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
            Mississippi is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
            Mississippi is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

Comment

NBA
              Dunkel

Chicago at Miami
              The Heat look to take advantage of a Chicago team that is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games in Miami. Miami is the pick (-8) according to Dunkel, which has the Heat favored by 10. Dunkel Pick: Miami (-8). Here are all of today's picks.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 4

Game 801-802: Sacramento at Toronto (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Sacramento 115.962; Toronto 124.851
              Dunkel Line & Total: Toronto by 9; 192
              Vegas Line & Total: Toronto by 7; 196 1/2
              Dunkel Pick: Toronto (-7); Under

Game 803-804: Cleveland at Charlotte (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland 112.168; Charlotte 114.035
              Dunkel Line & Total: Charlotte by 2; 200
              Vegas Line & Total: No Line
              Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 805-806: Brooklyn at Washington (7:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Brooklyn 115.325; Washington 108.571
              Dunkel Line & Total: Brooklyn by 7; 190
              Vegas Line & Total: Brooklyn by 5 1/2; 184 1/2
              Dunkel Pick: Brooklyn (-5 1/2); Over

Game 807-808: Atlanta at Detroit (7:30 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta 118.353; Detroit 122.265
              Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 4; 188
              Vegas Line & Total: Detroit by 1; 192
              Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-1); Under

Game 809-810: Chicago at Miami (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Chicago 112.923; Miami 122.705
              Dunkel Line & Total: Miami by 10; 186
              Vegas Line & Total: Miami by 8; 191 1/2
              Dunkel Pick: Miami (-8); Under

Game 811-812: Indiana at Boston (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Indiana 118.922; Boston 115.284
              Dunkel Line & Total: Indiana by 3 1/2; 187
              Vegas Line & Total: No Line
              Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 813-814: Philadelphia at Oklahoma City (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 115.500; Oklahoma City 128.039
              Dunkel Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 12 1/2; 194
              Vegas Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 10; 198 1/2
              Dunkel Pick: Oklahoma City (-10); Under

Game 815-816: Portland at Memphis (8:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Portland 114.778; Memphis 123.282
              Dunkel Line & Total: Memphis by 8 1/2; 187
              Vegas Line & Total: Memphis by 9 1/2; 183
              Dunkel Pick: Portland (+9 1/2); Over

Game 817-818: Houston at Milwaukee (8:30 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Houston 120.869; Milwaukee 123.215
              Dunkel Line & Total: Milwaukee by 2 1/2; 208
              Vegas Line & Total: Milwaukee by 1; 212
              Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (-1); Under

Game 819-820: Utah at Phoenix (9:00 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Utah 119.754; Phoenix 119.708
              Dunkel Line & Total: Even; 199
              Vegas Line & Total: Phoenix by 2; 196 1/2
              Dunkel Pick: Utah (+2); Over

Game 821-822: LA Lakers at LA Clippers (10:30 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: LA Lakers 118.281; LA Clippers 126.193
              Dunkel Line & Total: LA Clippers by 8; 202
              Vegas Line & Total: LA Clippers by 4; 206
              Dunkel Pick: LA Clippers (-4); Under

Comment

NBA
                Long Sheet

Friday, January 4

SACRAMENTO (12 - 20) at TORONTO (12 - 20) - 1/4/2013, 7:05 PM
                There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

SACRAMENTO is 3-1 against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
                SACRAMENTO is 3-1 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
                3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

CLEVELAND (7 - 26) at CHARLOTTE (8 - 23) - 1/4/2013, 7:05 PM

CLEVELAND is 5-1 against the spread versus CHARLOTTE over the last 3 seasons
                CLEVELAND is 4-2 straight up against CHARLOTTE over the last 3 seasons
                3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

BROOKLYN (17 - 15) at WASHINGTON (4 - 26) - 1/4/2013, 7:05 PM
                BROOKLYN is 41-54 ATS (-18.4 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                BROOKLYN is 27-45 ATS (-22.5 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
                BROOKLYN is 63-39 ATS (+20.1 Units) in road games off an upset win as an underdog since 1996.
                WASHINGTON is 77-99 ATS (-31.9 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                WASHINGTON is 286-356 ATS (-105.6 Units) in home games since 1996.
                WASHINGTON is 98-131 ATS (-46.1 Units) in January games since 1996.
                WASHINGTON is 110-146 ATS (-50.6 Units) on Friday nights since 1996.
                WASHINGTON is 12-27 ATS (-17.7 Units) against Atlantic division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
                WASHINGTON is 46-70 ATS (-31.0 Units) in home games after scoring 85 points or less since 1996.
                WASHINGTON is 283-337 ATS (-87.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.

WASHINGTON is 3-3 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
                WASHINGTON is 3-3 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
                5 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

ATLANTA (20 - 10) at DETROIT (12 - 22) - 1/4/2013, 7:35 PM
                ATLANTA is 53-83 ATS (-38.3 Units) in a road game where where the total is between 190 and 194.5 points since 1996.
                DETROIT is 6-15 ATS (-10.5 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.

DETROIT is 6-3 against the spread versus ATLANTA over the last 3 seasons
                ATLANTA is 7-2 straight up against DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
                5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

CHICAGO (17 - 13) at MIAMI (22 - 8) - 1/4/2013, 7:35 PM
                CHICAGO is 10-19 ATS (-10.9 Units) in all games this season.
                MIAMI is 37-25 ATS (+9.5 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                MIAMI is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
                CHICAGO is 57-39 ATS (+14.1 Units) in road games over the last 3 seasons.
                CHICAGO is 65-38 ATS (+23.2 Units) in road games in January games since 1996.
                CHICAGO is 9-1 ATS (+7.9 Units) in road games on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO is 6-5 against the spread versus MIAMI over the last 3 seasons
                MIAMI is 6-6 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
                7 of 12 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

INDIANA (19 - 13) at BOSTON (14 - 17) - 1/4/2013, 8:05 PM

BOSTON is 5-3 against the spread versus INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
                BOSTON is 5-3 straight up against INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
                6 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PHILADELPHIA (15 - 18) at OKLAHOMA CITY (24 - 7) - 1/4/2013, 8:05 PM
                PHILADELPHIA is 22-35 ATS (-16.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                PHILADELPHIA is 4-14 ATS (-11.4 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
                OKLAHOMA CITY is 210-169 ATS (+24.1 Units) in all games since 1996.
                OKLAHOMA CITY is 57-43 ATS (+9.7 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.
                OKLAHOMA CITY is 26-12 ATS (+12.8 Units) off a upset loss as a favorite over the last 3 seasons.
                PHILADELPHIA is 48-24 ATS (+21.6 Units) as a road underdog of 9.5 to 12 points since 1996.

OKLAHOMA CITY is 3-1 against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
                OKLAHOMA CITY is 4-0 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
                3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PORTLAND (16 - 15) at MEMPHIS (20 - 9) - 1/4/2013, 8:05 PM
                MEMPHIS is 108-84 ATS (+15.6 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                MEMPHIS is 58-38 ATS (+16.2 Units) in home games over the last 3 seasons.
                MEMPHIS is 38-20 ATS (+16.0 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
                MEMPHIS is 52-30 ATS (+19.0 Units) in home games after a win by 10 points or more since 1996.
                MEMPHIS is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

PORTLAND is 4-1 against the spread versus MEMPHIS over the last 3 seasons
                PORTLAND is 4-2 straight up against MEMPHIS over the last 3 seasons
                4 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

HOUSTON (18 - 14) at MILWAUKEE (16 - 14) - 1/4/2013, 8:35 PM

MILWAUKEE is 23-11 ATS (+10.9 Units) on Friday nights over the last 3 seasons.
                HOUSTON is 12-2 ATS (+9.8 Units) in non-conference games this season.
                MILWAUKEE is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) in non-conference games this season.

MILWAUKEE is 2-1 against the spread versus HOUSTON over the last 3 seasons
                MILWAUKEE is 2-1 straight up against HOUSTON over the last 3 seasons
                2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

UTAH (16 - 17) at PHOENIX (12 - 21) - 1/4/2013, 9:05 PM

UTAH is 20-32 ATS (-15.2 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                UTAH is 0-8 ATS (-8.8 Units) in road games on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
                UTAH is 6-18 ATS (-13.8 Units) in road games revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.

PHOENIX is 5-3 against the spread versus UTAH over the last 3 seasons
                PHOENIX is 6-2 straight up against UTAH over the last 3 seasons
                6 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LA LAKERS (15 - 16) at LA CLIPPERS (25 - 8) - 1/4/2013, 10:35 PM

LA LAKERS are 44-63 ATS (-25.3 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                LA LAKERS are 18-34 ATS (-19.4 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
                LA LAKERS are 2-11 ATS (-10.1 Units) in road games off a upset loss as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.
                LA CLIPPERS are 13-5 ATS (+7.5 Units) in home games this season.
                LA CLIPPERS are 17-4 ATS (+12.6 Units) in home games in January games over the last 3 seasons.
                LA CLIPPERS are 176-243 ATS (-91.3 Units) after allowing 105 points or more since 1996.
                LA CLIPPERS are 186-238 ATS (-75.8 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more since 1996.

LA CLIPPERS is 5-3 against the spread versus LA LAKERS over the last 3 seasons
                LA LAKERS is 5-3 straight up against LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
                6 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Comment

NBA
                  Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, January 4

Hot Teams
                  -- Toronto won eight of last nine games (4-2 as HF). Kings are 5-3 in last eight games, covering seven of the eight.
                  -- Nets are 3-1 since changing coaches (2-1 as AF).
                  -- Hawks won five of last six games (5-2 as AF). Detroit won five of its last six games (1-4 last five HU).
                  -- Miami won eight of last ten games (6-2 last eight HF).
                  -- Pacers won nine of last eleven games (2-8 last ten AU).
                  -- Thunder won 15 of last 18 games (3-5 last eight HF).
                  -- Portland won eight of last eleven games (2-7 last nine AU).
                  -- Rockets won seven of last nine games (5-6-1 as AU).
                  -- Lakers won six of last eight games (1-5 vs spread as an U).

Cold Teams

-- Cavaliers lost nine of last eleven games (4-16 SU on road). Bobcats snapped 18-game losing skid Monday (lost last 10 home games).
                  -- Wizards lost 11 of last 12 games (5-6-2 as HU).
                  -- Bulls lost three of last five games (3-4 as AU).
                  -- Celtics lost eight of last ten games (4-7-1 as HF).
                  -- 76ers lost three of last four games (3-7 last ten AU).
                  -- Memphis lost three of last five games (9-5-1 as HF).
                  -- Bucks are 4-5 in last nine games (4-1 last five aa HF).
                  -- Jazz lost seven of last ten games (3-9-1 as AU)' Phoenix lost six of its last seven (4-6 as HF, but covered last three).
                  -- Clippers lost last two games after winning previous 18 (8-1 last nine as HF).

Totals

-- Five of last six Sacramento games went over total.
                  -- Six of last nine Cavalier games went over the total.
                  -- Seven of last ten Brooklyn games stayed under total.
                  -- Four of last five Atlanta games went over the total.
                  -- Five of last six Miami home games stayed under.
                  -- Four of last five Indiana games stayed under the total.
                  -- Last four Thunder games went over the total.
                  -- 10 of Grizzlies last 12 games stayed under. Five of last seven Portland road games went over total.
                  -- Six of last eight Houston games went over the total.
                  -- Nine of last twelve Phoenix games stayed under total.
                  -- Three of last four Clipper games went over the total.

Back-to-backs

-- None.

Comment

NBA

Friday, January 4

Trend Report

CLEVELAND vs. CHARLOTTE
                    The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland's last 9 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
                    Cleveland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
                    Charlotte is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
                    Charlotte is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland

SACRAMENTO vs. TORONTO

Sacramento is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Sacramento's last 6 games when playing Toronto
                    The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto's last 7 games at home
                    Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

BROOKLYN vs. WASHINGTON

The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Brooklyn's last 10 games
                    Brooklyn is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
                    Washington is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing Brooklyn
                    The total has gone OVER in 8 of Washington's last 12 games at home

7:30 PM
                    ATLANTA vs. DETROIT

Atlanta is 5-20 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Detroit
                    Atlanta is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit
                    Detroit is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Atlanta
                    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta

INDIANA vs. BOSTON

Indiana is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Boston
                    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana's last 5 games
                    Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games at home

CHICAGO vs. MIAMI

The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago's last 6 games on the road
                    Chicago is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
                    Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
                    Miami is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Chicago

PHILADELPHIA vs. OKLAHOMA CITY

The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games
                    The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
                    Oklahoma City is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
                    The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oklahoma City's last 6 games when playing Philadelphia

PORTLAND vs. MEMPHIS

Portland is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
                    Portland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                    Memphis is 2-9-1 ATS in its last 12 games when playing at home against Portland
                    Memphis is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games

8:30 PM
                    HOUSTON vs. MILWAUKEE

Houston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
                    Houston is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
                    Milwaukee is 7-14-1 ATS in its last 22 games at home
                    Milwaukee is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home

9:00 PM
                    UTAH vs. PHOENIX

Utah is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Phoenix
                    The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Utah's last 10 games when playing Phoenix
                    Phoenix is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
                    The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Phoenix's last 12 games

10:30 PM
                    LA LAKERS vs. LA CLIPPERS

LA Lakers are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games when playing LA Clippers
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Lakers last 5 games on the road
                    The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Clippers last 6 games
                    The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the LA Clippers last 13 games when playing at home against LA Lakers

Comment

NBA

Friday, January 4

Best and worst NBA non-conference bets

The NBA title may rest with the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference but not even LeBron & Co. can overcome the Western Conference’s dominance in the NBA.

Heading into Thursday, the West owns a 120-81 SU record against the East and has translated that into a 116-81-3 ATS mark, covering in almost 58 percent of non-conference meetings this season.

Here’s a look at the best and worst bets when going up against the alternate conference:

Best non-conference bets

Golden State Warriors (13-2 SU, 12-3 ATS vs. Eastern Conference)

The Warriors have been one of the bigger surprises of the first chunk of the schedule, posting a 20-11-1 ATS mark out of the gates. A good portion of those profits have come versus Eastern Conference opposition, including a seven-game road swing on the right side of the county in which Golden State finished 6-1 SU and 5-2 ATS in mid December.

Houston Rockets (12-2 SU, 12-2 ATS vs. Eastern Conference)

Houston should think about relocating to the East with the way its dealt with non-conference foes. The Rockets, who are just 6-12 SU in the West, have been money in the bank versus teams from the East. It helps that the majority of those games versus the East came inside the Toyota Center. Houston’s run-and-gun style has also led to an 8-6 over/under count in those non-conference competitions.

San Antonio Spurs (12-2 SU, 12-2 ATS vs. Eastern Conference)

The Spurs added to their sterling non-conference record with a seven-point win over Milwaukee Wednesday. San Antonio is currently on a stretch of four straight games versus Eastern Conference opponents, winning SU and ATS over the Nets and Bucks before visiting New York Thursday and hosting Philadelphia Saturday. The Spurs are scoring an average of 108.7 points versus Eastern foes – almost five points more than against Western teams.

Worst non-conference bets

Chicago Bulls (4-8 SU, 2-10 ATS vs. Western Conference)

The Bulls have lost three in a row to Western Conference teams, most recently falling SU and ATS to Houston on Christmas Day. Chicago’s dreaded “Circus Trip” to start the season played a hand in this terrible record. The Bulls won just one game SU and ATS in four Western Conference stops back in November and their only paydays came versus Phoenix and Dallas.

Charlotte Bobcats (2-14 SU, 4-11 ATS vs. Western Conference)

No matter what conference the Bobcats take on, they’re a terrible bet. Charlotte has been bullied by Western Conference opponents in the first part of the season, most recently going 0-4 SU and 1-3 ATS on a Western road trip that took the Bobcats to Los Angeles, Phoenix, Golden State and Denver. Charlotte did deliver for backers in defeat to New Orleans last weekend, just covering in a 98-95 loss as a 3.5-point underdog.

Milwaukee Bucks (2-7 SU, 1-8 ATS vs. Western Conference)

The Bucks haven’t met up with many Western Conference foes but when they have, it’s been bad for backers. Milwaukee fell to its current record with a SU and ATS loss to San Antonio Wednesday and takes on Houston, one of the best West-versus-East bets, at home Friday. The Bucks are averaging just under 94 points per game versus Western opposition, compared to 97.3 versus conference competition.

Comment

NCAAB
                        Top 25 Short Sheet

Friday, January 4

** No Top 25 CBB Games for Friday **

Comment

NBA
                          Short Sheet

Friday, January 4

Sacramento at Toronto, 7:05 ET

Sacramento: 10-2 Over off an Under
                          Toronto: 24-13 ATS revenging a road loss

Cleveland at Charlotte, 7:05 ET

Cleveland: 5-1 ATS vs. Southeast Division opponents
                          Charlotte: 2-10 ATS off a road game

Brooklyn at Washington, 7:05 ET

Brooklyn: 25-11 ATS away off a SU win by 10+ points as an underdog
                          Washington: 11-22 ATS off ATS wins in 2 of their last 3 games

Atlanta at Detroit, 7:35 ET

Atlanta: 15-4 ATS away after winning 3 of their last 4 games
                          Detroit: 6-15 ATS playing with revenge

(TC) Chicago at Miami, 8:00 ET ESPN
                          Chicago: 4-12 ATS off a SU win
                          Miami: 11-3 ATS off a non-conference game

Indiana at Boston, 7:35 ET

Indiana: 11-25 ATS off BB home games
                          Boston: 7-2 Under off 3+ losses

Philadelphia at Oklahoma City, 7:35 ET

Philadelphia: 9-19 ATS with a total of 190 to 199.5 points
                          Oklahoma City: 26-12 ATS off a SU loss as a favorite

Portland at Memphis, 8:05 ET

Portland: 4-14 ATS away after winning 2 of their last 3 games
                          Memphis: 13-3 ATS off BB games allowing 90 points or less

Houston at Milwaukee, 8:05 ET

Houston: 12-2 ATS vs. non-conference opponents
                          Milwaukee: 1-8 ATS vs. non-conference opponents

Utah at Phoenix, 9:05 ET

Utah: 8-18 ATS away off an ATS win
                          Phoenix: 21-10 Under after playing as a home favorite

LA Lakers at LA Clippers, 10:35 ET
                          ESPN
                          LA Lakers: 5-18 ATS off BB home games
                          LA Clippers: 17-5 ATS with a total of 200+ points

Comment

NBA

Friday, January 4

Lakers at Clippers: What bettors need to know

Los Angeles Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers (-4.5, 205.5)

The battle of Los Angeles has a different feel with the Clippers possessing the second-best record in the Western Conference and the Lakers floundering below .500. The teams meet Friday at the Staples Center – the Clippers are the “home” team – with the Lakers aiming to cut into their nine-game deficit to the Pacific Division-leading Clippers. The Lakers lost to the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday while the Clippers have dropped two straight following a franchise-record 17-game winning streak.

The Lakers have their worst record after 31 games since a 12-19 start during the 2002-03 season. If the season ended today, they would miss the playoffs. “It’s frustrating,” point guard Steve Nash said. “We’re in a tough position and we really have a lot of ground to make up. We’re not finding the answers right now. So many situations just seem new, and I think we’re struggling to find that little bit of connectivity that makes a team a team.” The Clippers have lost their last two games by a combined 35 points and set season lows for shooting percentage in both contests – 38.5 percent against Denver on Tuesday and 36.4 percent against Golden State on Wednesday.

TV:
                            10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, Time Warner Cable SportsNet (Lakers), Prime Ticket (Clippers)

ABOUT THE LAKERS (15-16):
                            A recent move to small forward hasn’t curtailed the effectiveness of Kobe Bryant, who scored 36 points in the loss to the 76ers. Bryant has scored 30 or more points in 13 of the past 15 games but is becoming increasingly frustrated over Los Angeles’ inability to put together a long winning stretch. “We were just stuck in the mud,” Bryant said after the loss to Philadelphia. “As individuals, we all have to figure out how to get ourselves ready each and every game to have a high-level game. That’s a big thing when you’re starting to age. It’s tough and it takes a lot of commitment.” Bryant scored 40 points when the Lakers lost to the Clippers on Nov. 2.

ABOUT THE CLIPPERS (25-8):
                            Backup guard Jamal Crawford had 24 points in the loss to Golden State for his 13th 20-point outing of the season. The performance was impressive considering Crawford injured his left foot one night earlier against Denver. “It’s a sprained foot, close to the ankle, too,” Crawford said. “It limits you a lot, that’s for sure.” Forward Blake Griffin is struggling and has averaged just 9.7 points over the last three games. Griffin has just one double-double in his last six outings.

TRENDS:

* Clippers are 8-1 ATS in their last nine home games.
                            * Over is 6-0 in the last six meetings.
                            * Lakers are 1-6 ATS in the last seven meetings in Los Angeles.
                            * Over is 4-1 in Lakers’ last five road games.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Clippers won the first meeting this season but the Lakers have won four of the past six overall.

2. Nash is averaging 12.2 points and 9.6 assists in five games since returning from a leg injury.

3. Clippers F Caron Butler is expected to play after missing the loss to Golden State due to personal reasons.

Comment

Working...
                            X