One Play Based On Last Day of Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Play Based On Last Day of Season

There are four teams that need to win today to win or tie their division. Two of the teams are Texas and Oakland but you can't bet on them because they are playing each other. One will win and one will lose. New York needs to win fo keep from playing a tie breaker if Balltimore wins but the line is -330. Anyone laying that is crazy. That leaves one team and they are the play for today. Baltimore is trying to force a tie breaker with the Yankees for the division winner. They are only a -112 favorite. That's the one play for today. PLAY BALTIMORE -112. BTW, my six plays yesterday went 4-2.

I like the A's but I have them in a future to win the Division. I bet $80 at 50 to one and would win $4,000 if the A's win today. Just to make sure I win something, I hedged with a $500 bet on Texas. The A's are the play at -108 but it's not as sure to win as Baltimore is. That's why I hedged my future.

I will be playing Baltimore as my only other bet today. I think I did the right thing hedging my A's future. What do you guys think.
    Last edited by thesandman; 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM.

I think you posted the other day you had the A's at 80-1, not 50-1. Which one is it?

Comment

Correct, it was posted at 80-1 just a couple of days ago. Either way, hope you win- good job in hedging your bet.

Comment

My Mistake. It's 50-1.

It was my miistake. I hurried because I was already late in posting. It's 50-1. The 80 was the amount of my bet. $80 times 50=$4,000. Right now it looks like it won't matter with the A's down by 4 runs. At least I'll get $500 from my hedge bet on Texas.

Don't forget to Play Baltimore tonightr. It's the only game where one team has something to play for.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be a dick...just curious, as that is looking like a helluva wager. A's are rallying for you, hopefully they can hang on here. They should be a fun team to watch as the playoffs begin, definitely peaking at the right time. BOL Sandman.

Comment

OilCanBoyd. I didn't think you were being a dick, so nothing to worry about. That might have been the game........... 7th inning. Texas men on second and third with no outs and they don't score. The A's have been a fun team to watch all year. They have both pitching and power. If they win today they will have spent a total of ONE game in firist place this season.

I'm hoping to get my $500 hedge bet back by playing Baltimore to win $500 tonight. Good luck on your night plays.

Comment

For what it's worth, the red sox are playing their World Series tonight, I'm sure they would love nothing more than to beat the Yanks, with what they have at stake. And you can't beat those odds, (somewhere around +290 I think). Might try a small parlay with them and Balt as well.

Comment

Working...
              X