Playing Large on Friday Night Total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Large on Friday Night Total

BYU has been evasive about exactly how severe the back injury to QB Riley Nelson is, and about his legitimate chances of suiting up vs Hawaii tonight. Word is, chances are officially zero.

Instead, TRUE FRESHMAN Taysom Hill will line up under center for BYU. Taysom is a blue chip prospect, who reportedly has the game to beat you on the ground as easily as through the air, but once again, this is a true freshman getting the call for a nationally televised game.

I understand this is Hawaii, and I understand they have been giving up a point a minute to teams like Nevada and USC, but BYU with a freshman QB cannot hope to match Nevada and USC offensively. I think this will be a very run-heavy offense against a Hawaii defense that gave up 355 yards rushing to Nevada last week, and I think that while BYU will comfortably win this game, this will be more of a ball-control offense that allows the freshman to make some easy reads and use his legs to move the ball.

On the other side, Hawaii's offense is as anemic as it has been for years, and the BYU defense is the real strength of this team. I do not expect the Rainbows to put up many points.

HAWAII/BYU UNDER 50 large

Good luck all.

Like the write up...gonna go with you...I wasnt gonna play it, but you make a good point. Thanks for the write up!!

GL

Comment

Thanks..........Am leaning toward that way too.
      CFB YTD: 4-4
      NFL YTD: 1-0

Comment

As always, thanks for your insight Truckee; I'm in

Comment

Man, the Rainbows are bad, but I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

You have some solid plays and good logic behind them! Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Thanks for the winner!

Comment

Thanks for the winner

Comment

Working...
                X