Friday Bowl Games..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Bowl Games..........

We cashed in Houston and the Over on yesterday with the help of overtime. These are my plays for Friday........

INSIGHT BOWL.....

5 STAR: CALIFORNIA (+3) OVER Virginia Tech

The Bears finished the season strong, while Virginia Tech fell apart again, and Pac 10 bowl dogs have covered the spread in 9 out of the last 10 chances. Wrong team favored here. Cal gets the win!

MOTOR CITY BOWL.....

2 STAR: NORTHWESTERN (+7) OVER Bowling Green

Bowling Green is only 2-22 straight up away from home when playing a team with a .500 or better record. The Big 10 has also beaten the MAC 100 out of the last 115 meetings straight up. Take the points!

2003 BOWL SELECTIONS 5-2

2003 NCAA FOOTBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 11-10 (+0.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 28-15-1 (+32.6 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 21-17 (+3.5 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 16-12 (+4.9 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 76-54-1 (+41.00 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $4100.00

Good luck,
    John

hawaii bowl

great call on christmas bowl ,love your picks for today. keep it up gl the mudman

Comment

Great job last night John

Comment

Like your Cal...But

I'm on the other side of the Motor City. Have alot of respect for your opinion though. I'm thinking that this just isn't "your father's BG". Your technical perspective can't be argued, but fundamentally I think:

The recent line move does concern me (down to 6 in alot of places). I think that, ONCE AGAIN, the public is showing its disdain for the MAC. Why? After the performances they've laid down, I don't have a clue. Here, though, is what I DO know. Against this years' bowl participants NW has been outscored 28-15. Their 15 PPG is 53rd best among the 56 bowl participants (only Auburn, GT, and NTSU were more impotent). BG was also outscored by its bowl bound opponents, but only by 29-24. BG outstatted its bowl competition 431-372, while NW went the other way 337-424. BG completed 61.6% of its passes and NW gave up 60.5% of the throws against it. Lastly, BG was 3-2 ATS in its five bowlbound foes while NW was 4-4. This is BG head coach's first bowl game as a head man (he did have two bowl trips as an assistant at NW) and bowl virgins are 11-3 ATS.

THE ONLY QUESTION IN MY MIND IS THE STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE EDGE TO NW...IT IS DRAMATIC. Although this could possibly explain the line moves, its just not enough for me. I'm gonna take the line move as just an added edge on MY SIDE.

Oh yeah. One more thing. Common opponents were Purdue, Ohio St, and Miami. BG, by far, played each of these opponents much tougher than did NW. BG, in fact, beat Purdue while NW got waxed. In the losing efforts, BG's games much, much closer than NW's.

Just my thoughts... GL to you anyway...

Comment

Two winners!!!
          Good luck,
          John

Comment

2 winners ...

Plus 7 units!

Keep up the nice run ...

Comment

Working...
            X