Kaptains Sat Football and CBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaptains Sat Football and CBB

been in a bad funk as of late.....lost my last 4 top rated plays......but, as my man JC used to say, I still keep em coming...

Let's take a note from 10Dimer's power rating today....BIG EAST BABY....LMAO

SMU---Conference USA
    PITT--Big East

by Sagarin power rating, the most recognized and used in Sports, shows Conf USA at a rating of (65), Big East at (75)....Significant.....Team SMU 69 against 68.....Pitt 73 against 71....Neutral field....

Playing
    5* Play......TOP RATED
    266 Pitt Panthers - 3 1/2

NFL/CFB 3 team 10 pt special teaser, ties push....S B G
    5* TOP RATED
    #102 Houston +6
    #104 Saints - 1/2
    #266 Pitt Panthers + 6 1/2

CBB....all are 1* reg plays
    585 Wich St -11
    594 Colo - 4 1/2
    680 Utah St - 4 1/2.........

I don't care to get in this ridiculous ass argument as to what conference is the best, right now, ever, will be, etc. etc., but would like to say, KAZ and others hit it on the head......These schools, by AREA, take turns dominating.....

CBB---UCLA Lew Alcindor era
    C Base Ball---Stanf, Tex, Ok St, LSU, Az and Az St etc
    CFB---Okla 47 straight---Old days ND, Army---not too long ago, I remember when Okla, Neb--Colo were 1,2, 3......OK and Neb always in the top 10....

I remember in my era, when LSU and Ole Miss was one hell of a rivalry and always ranked......

You can beat this BS to death, but IMO, BCS championships, overall championships speak for themselves...

No one will ever know if Ok St would've beat LSU or ALA....If ALA beats LSU, then all 3 have 1 loss, and the AP Coaches pump OK ST ahead of either LSU or Bama, so be it....The folowers from the BIG 12 would then be saying, this is a fair system, while all along they been bitching about it...

It is what it is, we all KNOW we need a playoff system like ALL other sports, but until then, if ever, we live with what we have.....

I could give you my personal opinion, but it would just be "another drop of rain", in the middle of the OCEAN......totaly insignificant....

But back to SAGARIN.....the Professional sports ranking people show it this way......

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 BIG 12 (A) = 83.58 82.71 ( 1) 10 82.99 ( 1)
    2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 79.98 80.62 ( 2) 12 80.34 ( 2)
    3 BIG TEN (A) = 76.51 76.05 ( 3) 12 76.29 ( 3)
    4 PAC-12 (A) = 74.98 75.53 ( 4) 12 75.33 ( 4)
    5 BIG EAST (A) = 73.05 73.03 ( 5) 8 73.04 ( 5)
    6 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 72.11 71.99 ( 6) 12 72.01 ( 6)
    7 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 71.98 71.70 ( 7) 4 71.76 ( 7)
    8 MOUNTAIN WEST (A) = 66.08 66.41 ( 8) 8 66.05 ( 8)
    9 CONFERENCE USA (A) = 64.96 64.61 ( 9) 12 64.83 ( 9)
    10 WESTERN ATHLETIC (A) = 63.92 64.10 ( 10) 8 64.08 ( 10)
    11 MID-AMERICAN (A) = 63.38 63.14 ( 11) 13 63.35 ( 11)
    12 SUN BELT (A) = 59.30

At the beginning of the season, all, and I mean ALL, Universities, Their Deans, AD's, Head Coaches, Alumni, all kinew how the system works.....They accepted it, have no choice, but I don't recall any major College jumping out there early saying this is unfair....It's always after the season is over.....

Simply put, all ALA had to do was beat LSU, Ok St to beat Iowa St, or LSU to lose to another team along the way.......However, none of this happened.....

Don't want to offend any one here, we all have our opinions, and we should have a professional, courteous way of expressing it.....

I've never been a proponent of Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.........

However, facts, final standings, overall winning %, tell me what I want to know........

gl fellows....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Well said Kapt GL today

Comment

Yeah, what he said!! Lol. GL
      "3 Stacks of High Society."

Comment

good luck Kapt

Comment

Bol Kapt

Comment

gl kapt well said my friend well said

Comment

Good luck, Kaptain. I like your take on conferences. I haven't weighed in on any of the ridiculous chest-thumping discussion going on but it's just that...ridiculous, arrogant, opinion-based bullshit. I guess that's just part of being an avid sports fan.

Comment

Good luck kapt., get em out today
                jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Time to SWEEP that funk off. BOL today Kapt.
                  Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

I like Pitt also

Comment

Call me crazy, but I like "who dey" Bangels today... Just a feeling!
                      "3 Stacks of High Society."

Comment

GL kapt

Comment

PITT was Brutal today my man....And I pounded on them too....what a sad team...

Comment

Kaptain I love your piece above, you make so much sense !!!

USC, Miami, Florida St and ND have all had their time in the not too distant past ...... So the SEC hasn't always been the powerhouse.

I am slightly amazed that the BCS rules allow a rematch and ALA / LSU will meet again on Monday. In the past it would have been seen that Alabama had their chance to beat LSU and lost. Therefore OSU would have been the prime candidate for the BCS final game.

I love Big 12 Football in particular the OU, UT, OSU and previously NEB. But even I will concede that the SEC have defences that the Big 12 would never compete with.

If the BCS didn't exist, LSU would already have been this years National Champion purely by virtue of their stand-alone record.

Personally I believe LSU will display their superiority on Monday evening and will be celebrated as this Year's National Champions.

You may not agree with my views but hey "welcome to the the Western World" where we are free to have opinions !!!

Thank you again Kaptain and Best of Luck with today's picks !!!

SoG

Comment

Working...
                            X