Clear All

• CFB Saturday

CFB YTD 12-18 -8.0 units
    2* 2-2 -0.4 units
    1* 10-16 -7.6 units
    CFB/NFL Combined 23-31 -11.55 units
    2* 4-4 -0.8 units
    1* 19-27 -10.75 units

I had an awful 1-4 last weekend in CFB but bounced back slightly with a 2-1 week in the NFL. I like way more games than usual this week, including two strong ones in college.

3* Purdue +3
    This is a perfect situational play. This is Purdue's last home game and, at 5-5, they need it to be bowl eligible. They're coming off last week's home upset of Ohio State and are 5-1 at home this year. Iowa got smoked at home last week vs. Mich State and may be flat against a Purdue team that already has two conference home upsets.

2* Troy -11 1/2
    Troy may be only 2-7 but a lot of the losses were close and they play the team that is the worst, by far, in Division 1-FCS. Florida International has quit on Schnellenberger who is phoning it in with his retirment coming at the end of the year. Blowout.

1* Tennessee +1 1/2
    Tennessee has an excellent defense and faces a much weaker opponent than the Arkansas team that thrashed them last week. Vandy is coming off a big home win and may be overrated.

1* Washington State +3 1/2
    The season got away from Wash State after a good start but this is their best team in five years and bounced back with a big upset over Ariz State last week. Utah will be flat after getting bowl eligible with a home win last week.

1* Arizona State -11
    Arizona is playing out thje string with an interim coach while Ariz State, with much better talent, needs a win to bounce back off last week's loss to salvage its season.

1* Michigan -3 1/2
    Nebraska is about the worst 8-2 team I've ever seen and has played a very soft schedule and caught a messed up Penn State team last week. Michigan can score a lot of points and comes home off a big road win at Illinois.

1* East Carolina +7
    Great spot to go against Central Florida after a one point road loss last week in a big upset bid at Southern Miss. EC's spread offense puts up points and catches CF napping.

1* North Texas +3
    I almost made this a 2*. North Texas is much improved this year with a very good coach (McCarney, ex-HC at Iowa State). This is their first home game in a month and they come off an impressive road upset at Troy. Western Kentucky lets down big time after playing very hard last week at LSU.

Opinions only:
    Georgia
    Ohio State
    Arkansas
    South Florida

NFL: (playing these now at these lines)
    2* Falcons -6
    2* 49ers -9 1/2 (possible upgrade to even stronger play later)
    1* Patriots -14 1/2
    Last edited by griswold; 11-17-2011, 01:48 AM.

GL Gris!

Comment

Working...
    X