Middling Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middling Question

When lines first came out my guy had them up for a few hours and I nabbed New England -4. I put about 3 units on it. Now that the line is up to Miami +7 my question is do I buy the half a point and try to middle Miami +7.5 for 3 units as well?

I like the original bet just trying to get greedy I guess and double dip here. However I do think it presents a nice chance to have a 6 or 7 point win by the Pats turn into a nice profit.
    NFL System - Year 1
    Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
    Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
    Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
    Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
    Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
    Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
    Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

I think you gotta give it a shot. If you think (like I do) that the Pats will cover the 4 easily, just put a unit or unit and a half on Miami so you won't throw it all away if the Pats roll.

Comment

I believe the Pats roll tonight which is why I loved the -4 line I got when it first came out. Just think that the big favorites of the weekend all failed to cover or got lucky like San Fran to cover so maybe Miami has a shot here. OchoCinco not clicking with Brady yet and Miami's defense could be good at times. Considering how bad they were at home last year makes me feel they want to start out right this year especially with Houston coming in next week.
      NFL System - Year 1
      Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
      Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
      Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
      Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
      Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
      Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
      Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

The line scares me, I would have thought NE would be a larger favorite than 6-7.

I would Middle it for a unit
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
          The line scares me, I would have thought NE would be a larger favorite than 6-7.

I would Middle it for a unit
          Very few road teams are ever favored by more than 7 in the NFL jc.

Comment

IMO only...IF you are gonna go after the middle, I WOULD buy the half. Could be wrong but I thought your question was dealing with taking the fins at 7 or the 7.5...

Comment

u want a middle just do a unit...............if this was to finish a parly i would lay more...........if u bet same as original and it dont hit u lose juice...............my bet i would lay a 100 on fins if i was playing but i would stay with original bet win or lose
              rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969 View Post
                u want a middle just do a unit...............if this was to finish a parly i would lay more...........if u bet same as original and it dont hit u lose juice...............my bet i would lay a 100 on fins if i was playing but i would stay with original bet win or lose
                I agree stick with the gift 4 and stick with it.IF you try and middle and does not work out u lose juice I would just stick with it knowing I have a great shot at a winner because I am only laying 4 when the line is currently 7 and I am seeing some 7.5 out there also.
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169 View Post
                  When lines first came out my guy had them up for a few hours and I nabbed New England -4. I put about 3 units on it. Now that the line is up to Miami +7 my question is do I buy the half a point and try to middle Miami +7.5 for 3 units as well?

I like the original bet just trying to get greedy I guess and double dip here. However I do think it presents a nice chance to have a 6 or 7 point win by the Pats turn into a nice profit.
                  Just seen the post and I say NO! I hate middles.

Comment

Working...
                  X