No announcement yet.

Early MLB play. Boston vs Toronto 11:05 EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=wayne1218;1903532]Red Sox are 10-1 in Matsuzakas last 11 starts vs. Blue Jays.
    Blue Jays are 2-7 in Romeros last 9 starts vs. Red Sox.
    Dana DeMuth-Red Sox are 12-1 in their last 13 games with DeMuth behind home plate.

I like the Sox for the above reasons bryce. Dice-K is a different cat. He can look awful one minute and great the next. He was used to pitching on 5 days rest in Japan where he did so well and here it is on 4 days rest with a 5 man rotation. Well, with the rainout and day off, he is on 5 days rest for this start. I think the extra day helps him and i think the law of averages will move his era down a bunch after this start and romero's up a little. I think you are getting a great price with Dice-K too based on his last start.

I did know all about that with dice k but I seriously think he is heading in the wrong direction. Maybe I seen how an inept team or offensively challenged team like TB put it to him and am putting to much stock in that. Dice k still had close to a 5 era last year and isn't like he was in 2009. Yes he was 9-6 last year. I think if Boston wins this their bats better be swinging today.

Comment

Right, but Dice-K's problem has always been that he nibbles around the plate and patient teams can work the count and work the walks. He has had so much success against Toronto because they are a free swinging team and they are not patient. Different team and mentality than Tampa Bay.

Comment

Romero has been great and Dice-K awful though bryce, so you may have an easy winner here!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          Right, but Dice-K's problem has always been that he nibbles around the plate and patient teams can work the count and work the walks. He has had so much success against Toronto because they are a free swinging team and they are not patient. Different team and mentality than Tampa Bay.
          Thanks for the input! Wish it was on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
            Thanks for the input! Wish it was on tv.
            It is! ...... on Nesn

Comment

Just for the record I did throw a few bucks on the over!

Wayne what channel is that? New England sports network? Lol
              I don't get that channel!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                Just for the record I did throw a few bucks on the over!

Wayne what channel is that? New England sports network? Lol
                I don't get that channel!
                Yes, thought you might have satellite

Comment

They are talking about how much better Dice-K is now on 5 days or more rest!

(27-16) 3.96 career. Much better than on 4 days rest!

Comment

Apparently he is! One hitter through 4 innings! Fk me!

Comment

5-0 Boston... Ok get me 5 more runs!
                      Damn I messed this wager up!

Comment

8-0 rip! I want my money back Bryce!

Comment

Dice-K pitched 7 and retired the last 16 straight before leaving. Even i didn't expect that. What a great performance. Only 1 hit and 1 walk, no runs!

Comment

Great performance by DiceK beyond anyone's expectations.
                            Nof if Crawford can go 5-5, hit for the cycle and steal four bases in a game sometime soon, we will be all set.

Comment

Bad call today gents! I was waaaaay off with dice k.
                              I will bet against him next time out as well if he is on 4 days rest!

At least I got the over in with the jays scoring one in the ninth.
                              Sorry if I talked anyone into that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X