Huge MLB play tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge MLB play tonight

Texas and B-more both off to hot starts. I think Texas is for real, I think B-more will finish in 4th or 5th in East as always.

The main difference between these two teams with talented lineups is pitching. Colby Lewis is a solid, established starter, going up against a guy making his 2nd major league start and his first at Camden Yards.

Zach Britton dominated the Rays in his first start, but every pitcher who has faced them has dominated the oddly slumping Rays. Britton is not slated as a breakout superstar. He got this gig because Brian Matusz fell injured in the last week of spring, and expecting another masterful performance from him is foolish (see also Chris Tillman, who similarly stymied the Rays, and then found the going a hell of a lot tougher against Texas in Start 2).

Baseball is a game of pitching matchups, and Lewis' career numbers against the lineup Bmore has announced are strong, and I believe the rookie is going to get a taste of major league hitting early and often tonight.

Texas ML -113
    Texas RL +140
    Large

Good luck all.

I totally disagree even tho your pick may win.Britton was the Orioles best pitcher this spring training and is scheduled to be the #1 or #2 for them in years to come.He is only 23 and Lewis as a solid established starter I dont understand because he is under 500 and has an ERA over 5 for his career.

I am not playing the game so good luck

Comment

I appreciate the response, Gizmo. Rain may wipe this out so neither of us will be right.

I understand that Britton is a prospect, but at this point that is all he is. Dominance is spring training does not give me confidence that a kid is ready to roll through one of MLB's toughest lineups.

Colby Lewis was also a hot prospect a few years ago, and he came up and put up a 7 ERA. It took him a couple years to get back to the bigs, but when he did, he had a 3.7 ERA in his only full season in an absolute hitters park. He also played in the playoffs and WS. That is what I meant by being established.

Comment

Working...
      X