Purdue @ Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue @ Oklahoma

I first want to go low and say I put up some horrible outlooks last nite , lets gather up some rocks and stones and form a circle and you know the rest

I am going to break this down as I normally would and see if cutting back helps here , not so much for my benifit but for those of you who " might " lean on my opinion .

Purdue : 71.8 PF --- 58.7 PA ---- 43.3 FG% --- 35.3 3PT% --- 75.5 FT%

Oklahoma : 81.6 PF --- 60.2 PA --- 43.3 FG% --- 33.0 3PT% --- 73.9 FT%

As one can see there is a lot of parity here except for scoring where Okla. holds a advantage , but I will get to that soon ?

Purdue played : <<<<<>>>>>>> Oklahoma played :
    Samford - 66-50 <<<<<>>>>>>> E. Wash. - 69-59
    Texas St. - 61-50 <<<<>>>>>>> Oral Roberts - 84-68
    Seton Hall - 75-63 <<<>>>>>>> Tulsa - 81-73
    Duke - 78-68 <<<<<<<>>>>>>> Ark PineBluff - 94-24
    Clemson - 76-64 <<<<<>>>>>>> @ Mich. St. - 80-77 (OT)
    Chicago St. - 75-57

Match these games up and more than likely the teams that Purdue played would beat every team that Oklahoma played or at the very least covered the spread. I noticed that the Sooners had a tough time with Tulsa ( not a killer ) and caught the Spartans off guard ( killer schedule ) in OT . They also won thier only game on the road in thier first ten matchups ( coach Sampsons a smart one ) . But look a little deeper and you have to take notice that Purdue has the tougher run of the two , and has met its challenges also . ( EDGE PURDUE )

Now lets get to the finer points of capping , Senior leadership and size ! I tender these stats :

Purdue : 6`11`` senior , 6`11` senior , 6`10`` senior , 6`10`` soph. , 6`8`` senior , 6`8`` soph. , 6`7`` times 3

Okla. : 6`11` fresh , 6`10`` senior , 6`8`` junior , 6`8`` soph , after that it gets into midget land. ( BIG EDGE PURDUE )

Purdue last year : 2-7 ATS away , 4-6 ATS as dog
    Okla. last year : 6-4-1 ATS @ home , 12-13-1 as a fav.
    Niether one is a giant killer , this year :
    Purdue : 3-0 ATS -------- Okla. : 1-1 ATS

My Opinion :

" Take Purdue + 6 while you can "

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

MMM

I know the feeling about last night that was one of my worst nights in a long time. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Rocks and stones...

LOL

I hate that movie and the book was disturbing..

If you do ANOTHER night like that maybe..but for now I think we hold off the toddlers and their pet rocks...

Comment

Me too system went 0-2. Hockey went bad usually my strong point. Thanks mmm will probably coattail you on this one. You did the hard work now I will try and do the fun part. WIN WIN WIN!!! THANKS :

Comment

This coming from an OU fan:

I will be at the game tonight, and I think this is a bad spot for OU. With football season still in swing, we will be lucky to have 8,000 fans at the game.
          After a tough win against Mich St, and lack of inside game, Purdue is the right side. OU's youth shows tonight.

Memphis, one of the Midgets to watch is Drew Lavender, he is a 5'6'' True Freshman point guard. He will be a great player.

Even if the sooners win, they have a horrible time covering the spread.

Take Purdue +6
          Scooner!

Comment

The Better Part of Valor :

would be to act like a service and tender 2 or 3 picks a nite , and theres a marketing reason for that . Going 0-3 doesnt look as bad as going 8-9 ( albeit it costs more ) , and it also favors having a far better record than I sport right now because I watch year after year and with thier sampling @ monitor sites they would be spanking the monkey to have a 144-89-7 @ years end and tell you how great they are.

I in turn propose another train of thought , tackle every game with gusto and without fail by the time the conference battles ( much less the tourneys ) begin you will be armed far better to take-on the task at hand. So with no further ado I will no longer place stars on my picks ( no false hope allowed ) and will just say if they win or not .

That way , we all can become masters of our own destinations and I can in turn not feel like I just shot the Pope ! It has been said in here ( by many ) that a great responsibility goes with our outlooks and pride not withstanding will place a strain on your ability to tackle these things . If you will allow me , I will just chug-along and place my views and let you decide if you like them or not , because I didnot sleep well last nite knowing that hard earned cash went out the window because of faith placed in me .

Humblely Yours :

G.L.

***MMM****

Comment

Mmm,

You post plays and nobody holds you responsible for betting or not on the plays.

I like the stars..especially in games that are hard for me and others to know about. I dont know the small conferences so in playing games it is nice to see insights that some who might know can post opinions about.

You have a great record and that is what matters, hell even if you didnt have a great record it wouldnt matter.

Sorry if me or others have been bringing you down, it is on my part a bunch of pouting when I get kicked in the a$$ at the end of a game..but on the other side it can go in my favor so I need to learn to shut up and be more festive.

So do what YOU want to do, and as long as it doesnt include the following I think you are ok:

1) My 500 Star Wire Play in European Hopscotch goes off at 11:30 today, my paying customers will let me release it 5 minutes after it starts..email me at [email protected] for my paypal address.

2) I have a 1000000000000000000000000000 LOCK OF THE YEAR going today.. It is 100-1 and will NOT MISS...NOT MISS.. ITS A 50 POINT BLOW OUT and for 29.99 you can GET IT NOW

You know the drill..but please do what you like..and keep the doggies coming too!

Comment

mmm...no one is immune to sub-par nights...it happens...I would not let one bad night dictate a total change in capping philosophy...regarding your okie-pur play, this is way too tough to call imo and I dont know why anyone would want to force a play on this game...I have seen the sides pretty much split between many very good cappers...too many other games to play from where I sit...but if u decide to play, I'll be rootin' for you on the sideline!

Comment

Pinny now has the line at 6 1/2

Comment

MMM....

It's not whether you win or lose....it's how you cap the next game!!!

Your a sick capper and (in my own mind) you're hot!!! So buck up little camper and quit your whining!! You're too good for that and you know it! Don't change SHIT!! Keep the stars coming!! If you change that, who knows what else you'll start changing after another bad night......and guess what...you WILL have another bad night in the future!!

If the shit ain't broke, then don't f#@$ing fix it!! (My Dad's quote...RIP)

The Ham mer
                    "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com

Comment

Glad to see you on Purdue tonight! I think that is a great call!

Good luck,
                      John
                      Good luck,
                      John

Comment

Fellas :

ez , in no way would I change my way of looking at these because its far to late for that . I just felt the ratings where a little to much to post where the world can see them and act upon them. Way to set in my ways to even consider a change in that manner.

wallstreet ;

I have to smile when you said no 1-888- IWIN numbers , not going to happen here , thats where the strength of this room lays . Not needing the BS is a strong suit here also because most of us have a fairly good grip on our styles and wagers. I in turn have a fair income and will go places ( on occasion ) that even I should not go , but its my choice and it does not steal bread from anyone or put me in the soup line. Its just a womans way of saying that I fear that someone who does not have the extra moohla will fall victim to a losing play and I do have a memory and remember very well when I did .

Its all relevant I guess and you have your points as well ( respected I might add ) so for the time being I will leave a dead dog lay .

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

To whom it may concern:

Don't let the hook get you. Buying 1/2 a point can save you or even make you money. I't doesn't cost that much.

This is a repeat but I still read "I missed by a hook" in the forum. Just a friendly advice.

G.L. tonight.

Comment

MMM

I meant to say G.L. with Purdue. Got it at + 7.

Comment

Memphis, you have given out far more winners than losers, and those little stars helped many of us make extra cash. So in the scheme of things, one off night does not make a season, keep rollin. Sharpen that pencil and get after it.

Thanks in advance for the future winners!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X