• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary

Is Playbook reputable?

Comment

lawman re: Powersweep

Powersweep is Phil Steele's (Northcoast) early week newsletter. Always been a little cautious about ANY newsletter since the plays are released 5-6 days before gameday. PS runs hot to lukewarm, but as a general rule over the last 8+ years, the keys have been a winning prop. Steele uses the PS to promote his NC phone service, but invariably every year PS will catch a wave and smoke 'em for awhile. The last two weeks the PS keys are 8-0. His lone 4* newsletter NFL pick is like 9-5 on the year. However, his top-rated late phone NFL plays (3.5 and 4*s) are 12-6-1...He claims to be 14-4-1 but I lost two of 'em by a quail so he's given me 6 losers. Anyway, the PS and NC are legit, although you will see many people on the forum (rightly so) describing Steele as a better marketer than capper. While this might very well be the case, on his top plays (particualrly this year in the NFL) he has been a steady, if not spectacular momey maker.

Comment

PLAYBOOK

PB is put out by Mark, Mr. Technical, Lawrence. It's okay but not spectacular. It is capped from a 100% pure technical perspective (which I don't care for). If trends were all there were to capping, we'd all be rich. Has some useful trend data, but without the analysis of the fundamentals and intangibles it like being in a gunfight with a BB gun...

Comment

Re: Mary

Originally posted by lawman1
          Is Playbook reputable?
          ITS VERY GOOD--ITS BEEN A GREAT YEAR FOR THEM--BASKETS I DONT KNOW--FOOTBALL AMAZING THIS YEAR

Comment

JB

Anyone have JB in the NBA. Thanks to Tahoerebel for posting the last two nights (2-0).

Comment

Mary, PPP has only one play tonight:

Okla +6

GL to everyone.

Comment

JB has 1 NBA play for Thursday

3% PHOENIX +2.5 vs new orleans (10:05 ET)

Comment

Jon Gold

7:05 EST NHL 3* BEST BET Boston -110 over Washington
                  8:05 EST NHL 4* TOP PLAY Los Angeles +0.5 -120 over Nashville
                  8:05 EST NHL 2* Action Play Los Angeles/Nashville UNDER 5 -120
                  9:05 EST NHL 3* BEST BET Detroit -0.5 -125 over Chicago
                  9:05 EST NHL 2* Action Play Carolina/Calgary UNDER 4.5 -110

7:00 EST CBB 4* TOP PLAY St. Peters -2 over Yale
                  7:00 EST CBB 2* Action Play Wright State +9.5 over Miami Ohio

Comment

Sports Gambling Hotline

THURSDAY'S NBA ACTION

THURSDAY'S NBA ACTION

The service out of Honolulu has its Gold-Rated best bets on San Antonio plus the Detroit-Cleveland game to stay under the total.The service out of Norfolk has its 10-Dime Destroyer Premium play on Detroit.

THURSDAY'S COLLEGE HOOPS

THURSDAY'S BASKETBALL ACTION

The service out of Memphis has its Non-Conference Game of the Year, a top-rated 3* play, on Oklahoma minus the points against Purdue. They also have another 3* on Wright State plus the points at Miami of Ohio.The service out of New Orleans has its platinum play Double-Digit Blowout of the Month on N.C. Charlotte, returning home after a 3-1 road trip, to beat visiting Davidson by 17 points or more in revenge.

Comment

TR

First ,thanks again for JB. Secondly ,who is Jon Gold and is he any good ?? Better in hoops or hockey ??? Thanks

Comment

Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections

This is going to be my biggest play tonight. Wish me luck!!!

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS I JUST GOT THE HOTTEST OF HOT TIPS FROM MY BUDDY IN ATLANTIC CITY! We Have a Nice 4-0 Run On The Plays We Agree On! This 10* Is Off The Charts! I Was Toying With This Play ALL Morning Long, Then I got The Call! This Is The Play In The NBA Tonight! 12/11/03

10* Detroit -5.5 7:35 EST

Comment

Playbook

I'll chime in here. They've had an awesome year. Their 5* on the colleges and pros have done very well. Their star rated totals have been OK, but they've been on a major roll this year where they've gone 5-1 or 6-0 on their starred plays and those plays are picked 5-6 days ahead of time. Another newsletter to tak a look at is Pointwise. Try this:10-1 on their top college plays (2 a week-rated 1). Last 2 weeks in the pros, consceutive 5-0 sweeps. Last 7 weeks, 25-6-1 on rated pro plays. Not bad for a newsletter written on Sunday night. Of course, this does'nt mean it will con tinue but here are their plays for this week (the lower the number the higher the rating):

2 Cincinnati
                          3 Baltimore
                          4 St. Louis
                          4 Kansas city
                          5 Philadelphia

New Orleans Bowl
                          6 N. Texas 27 Memphis 26

Tangerine Bowl
                          3 Kansas 33 NC St 30

GMAC Bowl
                          1 Miami Ohio 48 Louisville 31

Play 'em of fade 'em. Good Luck1

Comment

SAILAWAY SPORTS

Regular (1*)
                            HORNETS

Top (2*)
                            UNDER CAVS

Comment

HELEANTH--OAK

Originally posted by heleanth
                              Mary, PPP has only one play tonight:

Okla +6

GL to everyone.
                              THANKS I THINK ITS - 6 BUT ILL TAKE 6 IF YOU GIVE IT TO ME

Comment

Tideman

Does the hotline consistently handicap well?

Comment

Working...
                                X