fantasy football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasy football

I need some help this week guys/girls? I am in the playoffs and I am in a tough situation. Should I start Mike Vick or Marc Bulger? Tough call info would be greatly appreciated

Bulger could go bad at any time. But......

Now is not the time to bench him. Seattle got ripped apart by Minny on Sunday, and after Monday night, where the Rams threw 0 deep balls due to the cold weather, they should go to some deeper routes Sunday against those same Seahawks.

Vick is always a nice backup, but stick with the money here. Bulger is the play.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Bulger

I have not made him a starter yet but leaning towards him, Thanks for the input. Vick look very good against a pretty good defense last week though.

Comment

i pay 49.00 for full report each week--hope this helps you Week 15 Player Rankings 12/11/2003 10:40 AM
        =========================
        Draft Sharks/MVP Weekly Report
        December 11, 2003
        Week 15 Player Rankings
        =========================

QBs

1. Peyton Manning, Colts: 260 yards, 3 TDs (vs. Falcons). These two teams met exactly two years ago in Indianapolis (rookie Vick did not play) and Manning had his way with these guys – 325 yards, 3 TDs – in a 41-27 shellacking. The news of Dan Reeves’ sudden dismissal will undoubtedly have an effect on the Falcons’ preparations this week. WRs Brandon Stokely and Troy Walters are helping fill the void left by injured TE Dallas Clark. Manning is a super-safe start in crunch-time. What more can you ask for?

2. Chad Pennington, Jets: 240 yards, 3 TDs (vs. Steelers). Our favorite statistic: Chad has thrown 24 TDs and exactly 0 INTs in the red zone during his career. The Steelers aren’t giving up on Bill Cowher, but a December road game in New York will make them look like they are… Their lame-duck corners will be replaced in the offseason after giving up 19 TD passes (25th-ranked) and countless pass interference penalties so far. Note to the Jets: Look at LSU receiver Michael Clayton. Give him a good look.

3. Jon Kitna, Bengals: 270 yards, 2 TDs (vs. 49ers). These two teams met in ’99 with many of the same players and Cincy won in a 44-30 shootout (with Jeff Blake). Kitna is leading this offense with MVP-like precision, recording 23 TDs in 38 red zone trips – the 2nd best mark in the AFC. Only two teams have allowed more TD passes than San Francisco (20) – Arizona (25) and San Diego (29). Chad Johnson and Peter Warrick are the first Bengals WR duo to record 70 catches apiece. Both guys should have a big game Sunday.

4. Marc Bulger, Rams: 270 yards, 2 TDs (vs. Seahawks). The ‘Hawks secondary is the reason this team has lost 5 road games in a row. Donald Driver, Chad Johnson, Kelley Washington, Laveranues Coles, Rod Gardner, Randy Moss (2), Kelly Campbell, and of course, Marcus Robinson (4) have all caught TD passes during this streak. Gone are the days when Bulger throws 3-4 TD passes, now that Faulk is back on the attack – but this is a great matchup nonetheless. He’s also completing an amazing 64% of his passes.

5. Daunte Culpepper, Vikings: 240 yards, 2 TDs, 15 rush yards (@ Bears). The injuries to RBs Bennett and Williams shouldn’t be an issue; the Vikings don’t win games on the ground anyway. Culpepper threw 2 TDs on the Bears in September in a 24-13 victory. CB Jerry Azumah might go to the Pro Bowl – as a kick returner. Daunte has 20 TD passes in 11 games, for a league-leading 1.82 per game clip. Turnovers be damned, Culpepper is a fantasy juggernaut and it’s week #15. Enough said.

6. Trent Green, Chiefs: 260 yards, 2 TDs (vs. Lions). Need we explain? Detroit ranks 25th in passing yards allowed (214.8/gm) and 30th in TD passes allowed (20). Dre’ Bly is the only true professional in their secondary, but his hamstring flares up unexpectedly at the worst times. Green has 2+ TDs in 6 of his last 9 games. Eddie Kennison backed up his mouth (3-83-1) last week, but we’re still waiting for he and Johnnie Morton to cowboy up. Green-owners always run the risk of Priest Holmes eating up 2-3 short TD runs, but how can you resist the Lions?

7. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks: 250 yards, 2 TDs (@ Rams). The Seahawks have scored 74 points in their last 3 meetings with the Rams, not to mention Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson have each dropped 6 points against them. Mike Holmgren calls the best 3rd down plays in the NFL, resulting in a league-leading 47.1% conversion rate. Two of the Rams’ biggest defensive playmakers, DE Leonard Little (chest) and LB Robert Thomas (groin), are both questionable this Sunday.

8. Jake Delhomme, Panthers: 240 yards, 2 TDs (@ Cardinals). This is intriguing… the Panthers are ticked off, and the Cardinals are mailing it in with QB Josh McCown. Arizona CB Coby Rhinehart got toasted like a Pop-Tart last week vs. the 49ers (filling in for Renaldo Hill). Delhomme has 14 TD passes, and 6 of them have come in the 4th quarter. Look out for Carolina next year with WR Kevin Dyson (Achilles) rejoining the lineup with Smith, Muhammad, & Proehl.

9. Tom Brady, Patriots: 240 yards, 2 TDs (vs. Jaguars). His pass-catchers – Faulk, Branch, Givens, Johnson, Graham, Fauria – are an anonymous bunch, but they make plays. OC Charlie Weis designs ‘pick’ plays to help get receivers downfield, and it shows in the numbers. Brady has collected 1,395 yards after the catch (3rd in the NFL), almost 300 more than the Bengals receivers. The Jaguars can stop the run; but the Patriots don’t run anyway, so what does it matter? Brady has attempted 436 passes, the 5th most in the league.

10. Brett Favre, Packers: 240 yards, 2 TDs (@ Chargers). It’s been a few years, but we can’t forget how Favre torched San Diego (10/24/99) for 3 TD passes in a 31-3 whitewashing. And that was with Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison in the lineup… The Chargers have the league’s worst pass defense, having allowed 29 TD passes and 226 yards per game. Favre has thrown a TD pass in 22 consecutive games and just one more will pass ex-Packer QB Cecil Isbell for the team record.

11. Michael Vick, Falcons: 220 yards, 1 TD, 70 rush yards (@ Colts). Vick was simply awesome in his 2003 debut, accounting for 320 of the team’s 380 total yards all by himself – despite being completely out of game shape, with only one full week of practice reps since August. Sure, some fantasy geeks will still harp on Mike’s injury risk, his lack of polish in the passing game, whatever – but NFL defensive coordinators fear him like no other player in football. The Colts are missing two starters in the secondary – Bashir and Harper – so maybe Peerless Price and Brian Finneran can get involved this time.

Comment

I would go with Bulger, the Rams are home and Seattle is not a good road team. At least you know your going to have good weather and St Louis should
          throw the ball down field often.

Comment

You gotta go with Bulger this week back home against a weak defensive team on the road. Seattle gives up over 27 points on the road per game. I expect the Rams to score 30+ points. I can't say the same for Atlanta at Indy.
            Last edited by frankb03; 12-11-2003, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X