3* 2-0 +6.0 units
    2* 4-5 -3.0 units
    1* 23-19 +1.85 units
    NFL/CFB Combined 66-54 +7.85 units
    4* 1-2 -4.8 units
    3* 2-0 +6.0 units
    2* 11-9 +2.2 units
    1* 52-43 +4.45 units

I hit my 3* last week on the Bears but lost a 1* on the Ravens.

Both of these plays were posted earlier (the Steelers play was an upgrade that's why the two different lines). You can easily get 3 1/2 on the Bears now.

ALL BUT ONE PLAYOFF GAME THIS YEAR HAS BEEN WON BY THE TEAM WITH THE BETTER DEFENSE (Seattle's win over New orl the exception). I'm playing the teams with the better defenses in both games here.

3* Bears +3 (+100)
    1) This line is a tremendous overreaction to GB's performance in the dome last week. The Packers have no running game and are totally dependent on the pass. The conditions will be nowhere near as ideal as they were for Rodgers' brilliant performance last week.
    2) The Bears have a great cold weather kicker while the Packers' Crosby has missed clutch kicks this year.
    3) Chicago has the best kick return teams I've ever seen and GB's kick coverage is a disgrace (three long runbacks in the last five weeks; a lineman even ran one back against them).
    4) Chicago is peaking. They were lucky in several wins early in the year but played very well in the loss at GB three weeks ago and were unstoppable against Seattle. They are a much better team now than earlier in the year.
    5) Lovie Smith's decision to play his starters in the GB game the final week of the year was a case of losing the battle and winning the war. Chicago almost won on the road in a meaningless game and knows it can win at home for all the marbles.
    6) GB RB Starks is a rookie who might cough it up.

3* Steelers -3 (2* at -120; 1* at -130)
    1) Pittsburgh is the most complete team in the NFL right now. Their rally from way back last week against a great Ravens defense shows the strength of their offense. Their defense is the best in the league.
    2) The Jets' attack is predicated on running the ball. Nobody runs well on the Steelers. This will force Sanchez to pass. That's a problem for New York.
    3) The Jets have been driven to an emotional frenzy by Ryan who has gotten incredible performances out of them. Eventually, that takes a toll. The Jets have played three in a row on the road and may be drained.
    4) Polamalu didn't play when the Jets won in Pittsbuergh earlier in the year. He's playing this week. Big difference.
    5) Let's get to basics. Pittsburgh has a better offense, a better defense and is at home.

Opinions only:
    Bears Moneyline +170
    Packers-Bears UNDER
    NOTE: I consider GB to be a dome team given its brilliant pass attack and speed on defense. If they overcome the conditions and win in Chicago, I believe they will be unstoppable in the Super Bowl in the Dallas dome.

Gris

your write up is good...but i ask how can u consider GB a dome team??? when elements in GB are worse than most even here in Buffalo and yet they strive forward..and they put together wins in the shit weather??
    Every time i make ends meet ..someone moves the ends????

Comment

I bet green bay to win super bowl a few weeks ago. I hope you are right saying if they win they will be unstoppable. I agree with your write ups and wish you much luck. However the pack bears game I am having a tough time figuring. The bears were expected to rest everyone week 17. they didn't pack won 10=3. how does that play in here that will be the deciding factor
      SEASON RECORDS AS OF 1/24/16

NFL
      LW 2-0 +3
      SEAS 64-40-3 +23.05

NBA
      LW 1-2 -2.3
      SEAS 17-16 +6.4

NHL
      LW 8-3 +5.85
      SEAS 20-14 +0.35

NCAAB
      LW 1-7 -12.1
      SEAS 16-20 -8.3

FINAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL RECORD FOR 2015-16

70-79 -49.45

Comment

GL gris. I like the calls here. Bears are a big bet for me
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by st bobby View Post
          I bet green bay to win super bowl a few weeks ago. I hope you are right saying if they win they will be unstoppable. I agree with your write ups and wish you much luck. However the pack bears game I am having a tough time figuring. The bears were expected to rest everyone week 17. they didn't pack won 10=3. how does that play in here that will be the deciding factor

Didn't the Bears rest up the 2nd half?
          Last edited by Kimpo; 01-22-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Just curious as to how you determined the Bears was the team with the better defense in the Packers/Bears game. What criteria did you use in making that determination. Did you use stats or just your own opinion. In total defense Packers were 5th giving up 309 yards a game, the Bears were 9th giving up 314 a game. In passing defense the Packers were 5th giving up 194 yards a game, the Bears were 20th giving up 224. In rushing defense Bears were 2nd giving up 90 yards a game while the Packers were 18th giving up 115 a game. Sacks the Packers were 1st with 47, the bears were 9th with 34. Finally in scoring defense the Pack was 2nd giving up 15/game while the Bears were 4th giving up 18 a game.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
              Just curious as to how you determined the Bears was the team with the better defense in the Packers/Bears game. What criteria did you use in making that determination. Did you use stats or just your own opinion. In total defense Packers were 5th giving up 309 yards a game, the Bears were 9th giving up 314 a game. In passing defense the Packers were 5th giving up 194 yards a game, the Bears were 20th giving up 224. In rushing defense Bears were 2nd giving up 90 yards a game while the Packers were 18th giving up 115 a game. Sacks the Packers were 1st with 47, the bears were 9th with 34. Finally in scoring defense the Pack was 2nd giving up 15/game while the Bears were 4th giving up 18 a game.

I used my opinion. The defenses are very close. GB is outstanding against the pass with two great corners (Tramon Williams is the BEST in the league). But GB is thin at OLB and DE. GB is only OK at stopping the run. You can't run on the Bears. if you watched the week 17 game, you saw GB stymied repeatedly and their pass attack shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by spaarkie View Post
                Gris

your write up is good...but i ask how can u consider GB a dome team??? when elements in GB are worse than most even here in Buffalo and yet they strive forward..and they put together wins in the shit weather??
                Green Bay's game last week in Atlanta was near perfection. They are a very good team and a wonderful team in good weather/dome conditions. I don't like them against Chicago. If I'm wrong, it's because they are even better than I thought and will be my play in the Super Bowl.
                Last edited by griswold; 01-23-2011, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimpo View Post
                  Didn't the Bears rest up the 2nd half?
                  No.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    I used my opinion. The defenses are very close. GB is outstanding against the pass with two great corners (Tramon Williams is the BEST in the league). But GB is thin at OLB and DE. GB is only OK at stopping the run. You can't run on the Bears. if you watched the week 17 game, you saw GB stymied repeatedly and their pass attack shut down.
                    Thanks for your response and good luck.

Comment

Good Luck Gris
                      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Good Luck Buddy ... Like the Calls

Comment

GL today Gris !

Comment