National Championship Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Pick

Oregon +3 over Auburn (bought the hook). Took me a long while to make a decision on this game but I am pretty confident with my pick. Both teams have top notch offenses so for me it came down to who I believe has the better defense and I think it is Oregon. I know the SEC is the stronger coonference but I factored in their strength of schedules when making the pick. Here is a comparison for the most critical defensive catagories:

Pass Defense- Oregon 51st, Auburn 106th
    Rush Defense- Oregon 16th, Auburn 10th
    Total defense- Oregon 25th, Auburn 55th
    Scoring Defense- Oregon 12th, Auburn 54th

Two other areas where Oregon is superior is in red zone defense and pass efficiency defense. The Ducks own the 6th best red zone defense in the nation giving up only 17 TDs in 50 red zone drives whereas Auburn is ranked 97th in red zone defense giving up 25 TDs in 40 red zone drives.

The last 5 national champions have all finished in the top 5 in pass efficiency defense. Oregon is ranked 6th while Auburn is 75th.

Finally I think the speed with which Oregon runs their offense will wear down Auburn in the second half and let Oregon win the game. I am convinced that is what happened when oregon beat Stanford earlier in the year. Stanford just ran out of gas defensively in the second half and Oregon blew right by them.

BOL no matter who your on and let's hope for a good game.

good luck with the Duck, rave!

Comment

Good luck raven!

Comment

bump

Comment

GL raven

Comment

good luck raven .. im on oregon as well

Comment

I am torn between your sound reasons and the fact that Auburn Will control the line of scrimmage. Tough to call. Gl!

Comment

auburn

Comment

Originally posted by homer115 View Post
                  auburn
                  Do me a favor. Either wish me luck or stay out of my thread. If you want to tout Auburn start your own thread you jerk

Comment

Gl rave

Comment

Good luck with the duck call "r" let's quack tonight, over look that b.s. Just have fun
                      jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Appreciate your insight as usual. Good luck.
                        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

GL Raven
                          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Working...
                          X