One large NFL play, one HUGE NCAAF play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One large NFL play, one HUGE NCAAF play

Washington may not be the worst team in the NFL, but they are the biggest mess. Shanahan's main strength as a coach is supposed to be his steady focus, and his ability to keep his teams focused. He has already failed with this bunch, and with the two biggest name players on the team (Portis and McNabb) both throwing grenades at Shanahan and the team this week, I think the party is completely over in DC.

Traveling on the road against a much better team who actually does look focused? If MJD weren't doubtful here, this would be a 12 point spread. I would still like it. But less than a TD? I think this is a gift, and I think the pack of scrubs that Washington will run out there will be easy pickings for this hungry J-ville team to bury.

JACKSONVILLE -6.5 Large

TOLEDO -1.5 HUGE

FIU is one of those bowl teams who feel like they already played their bowl game and lost. Nobody from Southern Florida is going to make the trip to Detroit right about now, and this will essentially be a home game for the Toledo faithful. Both of these teams got smacked around by big conference opponents early in the season, but where Toledo had to work to earn their place in this game, FIU fell to this bowl with a sloppy loss in the conference championship.

The numbers and strengths both seem similar, but I actually think Toledo had more quality wins, and I think their mindset for this game, in a much friendlier location for them, gives them a massive advantage. Adonis Thomas quietly averaged close to 6 yards a carry this season, and I think against a soft FIU front, he will have a big game, and give Toledo the weapon they need with a lead in the second half.

Good luck all.

BOL to ya T, on Toledo with ya.
    Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

Will root for you on Toledo, I like it too!!

Comment

good luck tonight, TT!

Comment

Thanks. Hard luck on another NFL game. I clearly need to stick to the collegiate level where my success rate has been hugely higher. As the spread has swung a full 3 points, I am digging deep for this pick, and I fully believe in it.

Mario Cristobal was quoted yesterday as saying that FIU was very disappointed not getting a Florida-based bowl game, but that the disappointment has worn off as players are realizing the excitement of actually being in their first bowl game. That's great coach-speak, but I don't buy it. Disappointed teams rarely have good bowl showings, especially when they weren't better than their opponents to begin with.

Good luck all.

Comment

Good luck Truckee, I like the call. I see the makings of a plan coming together tonight.

Comment

You'll get it back on Toledo tonight GL

Comment

Thanks, jscro, yeah I'll make it back and a lot of change. Enjoying the festivities so far. Good luck to you.

Comment

Well that sucked 4 &17 i had them getting 1.5 im gonna be sick

Comment

i grabbed toledo +3 with a local right before kickoff, so you helped me out, thanks truckee

Comment

Working...
                    X