Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks For Saturday

CFB (Week 1)

CFB Plays will be Rated in a 2*-5* System. I will try to give a little insight with each pick but when I am pressed for time, I will have to skip the write-up. I will add games as I cap them throughout the weekend and spreads will be at time of posting and wagering. They are subject to change by the time you may see them. I will remove write-ups the day after games to shorten up the post!

Thursday (2-1) +4.80

4* "OVER" (47) Marshall/Ohio St (7:30 PM)

2* Southern Miss +14 (7:35 PM)

3* Minnesota -1 (7:35 PM)

4* Utah -3 (8:35 PM)

Friday

Pass

Saturday

5* "10 PT." Teaser = Mich St (-13.5) - Mizzou (-2) - LSU (Pk) ---> -120

These games kickoff at 12, 12:30 & 8 PM. They are 3 teams that i just love on a 10 pointer today. Michigan St has a ton of talent coming back including QB Cousins. You have 9 starters back on both sides of the ball and that includes All American LB Greg Jones. W. Michigan will be trying to replace their record setting QB Hiller and it won't come easy. The Spartans are (8-2) Ats when favored by 20 or more at home against the MAC and the Broncs are (2-7) Ats in their last 9 on the road and (0-4) Ats in their last 4 openers. Look for State to rebound from their dismal multiple suspended player Bowl game with a statement here. Even with Hiller last year, the Broncs trailed 35-0 at the half at State and it could be similiar this season with another cupcake in Florida Atlantic on deck for the Spartans. Look for them to be focused here. Missouri returns almost double digit starters on both sides of the ball and that includes a very good QB in Gabbert. RB Washington is suspended for this one but with all their weapons on offense and a experienced defense,, the Tigers should pull away from a Illini team that only returns 5 on offense. They lost their starting QB and their top WR Benn to the draft. Illinois is in a rebuilding mode (again) and they are (0-5) SU & Ats versus Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel. Game 3 is LSU. I was going to play them straight but the line has jumped to an absurd 10 points now when they were a dog just a few days ago. There are a ton of suspensions for UNC and i just can't see them winning this game now. I'm not willing to lay DD but a Pk? ... Sure. One suspension or two and maybe UNC overcomes it but 9? 10?? I just don't see it with such limited time for the replacements to get up to speed!

3* Purdue +11 (3:35 PM)

There is a ton of hype surrounding new HC Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. I'm just not sure how much he can get done with the players he has right now. I think the line is inflated due to the Kelly factor and the public buying in to the Kelly hype right now. The Irish have 1st year starter QB Dayne Crist under center and he is trying to learn a new system while also recovering from ACL surgery. The Irish went (1-8) Ats last season as a favorite and this Senior class is (16-21) over the last 3 seasons. No matter how good Kellly is, does he have the talent right now to work with? Purdue starts a new QB this year too and i really like him. A transfer from Miami, QB Robert Marve has played on the big stage before and he brings experience with him to this game. He is a very mobile QB with a strong arm and he should do just enough with a solid group of WR's returning to frustrate the Irish all day. This one could go right down to the wire. Notre Dame 27 Purdue 26

3* Connecticut +3 (3:35 PM)

The Huskies return a ton of talent and they are truly a Dog that bites often. They were (6-0) Ats on the road last season and (5-0) Ats as a Dog away from home. Coach Edsall is (7-0) Ats in Game One and (24-11) Ats away versus non-Big Easters (including 17-6 the past eight years). The Huskies lost 5 games last year and not one by more than 4 points (15 points combined in 5 losses). The Wolverines are only (2-6) Ats when favored by less than 20 the week before the Notre Dame game and Michigan’s only covers as home favorites during the Rodriguez’ tenure (2 Years) have been against Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan of the MAC. Until the Wolverines show me something, they have shown me nothing! Connecticut 27 Michigan 23

More To Come ....................

GOOD LUCK!

Bol!!!!!

Comment

Good luck, bro!

Comment

Good luck Wayne

Comment

Good luck Wayne!
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

good luck wayne

Comment

Good Luck buddy

Comment

GoodLuck

Comment

Have a great sesaon pal. BOL today.
                  Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

gl wayne
                    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

like conn, good luck wayne

Comment

GL as always boss.
                        The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

good luck this season like both plays
                          NFL...........0-0
                          NCAAF ......4-3-1
                          NBA...........0-0
                          NCAAB.......0-0
                          NHL...........0-0
                          OVERALL
                          0-0
                          +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

GL Wayne!

Comment

NOTE: Picks are posted at my site first and here after i have them all listed. If you are curious as to what they are earlier, just go there to get them. Check back later for possibly more plays!

4* Kentucky -3 (3:35 PM)

Hard to go against the Wildcats here. They have a very solid trio on offense in Hartline, Cobb and Locke returning at QB, WR & RB. Louisville was simply put, horrible last season. They look to be very vanilla on offense again and i just do not see them being able to match points with the 'Cats in this one. Four win (or less) teams (Louisville), with a new 1st year head coach, are (34-65) Ats in their initial game scheduled, including (0-6) Ats last year. Match a bad 4 win or less team with a new head coach vs a good team that won 6 or more in the previous season in the opener and the 4 win team has gone (5-53) SU last 58 and (13-37) Ats last 50. Kentucky 34 Louisville 20

4* Washington +1 (7:05 PM)

The return of 20 starters in Steve Sarkisian's 2nd season could lead to great things in the far northwest this season. Heisman candidate Jake Locker is one of the returnees and they will be facing a BYU team that only returns 4 on defense and a team that seems more focused on their switch to being a Independant next year more than anything else. They lose their starting QB Hall and plan on going with a 2 man rotation in that spot. They also took a hit losing Unga at RB and they have little experience at the WR position as well. If Washington wasn't so poor on the road and Byu wasn't known as such a tough place to play, this would have been a 5* play. Washington 38 Byu 26

5* Northwestern -2.5 (-120) (7:30 PM)

Vandy is in shambles after the HC stepped down in July and their top 2 RB's were hurt. They return a QB that is below average, WR's with no breakout ability and a bunch of guys who were not expected to play much at RB vs a very solid front 7 of Northwestern. The Wildcats lose QB Kafka but Persa played plenty for them and he is a very good replacement that should step in and not miss a beat on offense with his whole O-Line returning in front of him. Add to that Vandy also lost their best DT Adam Smotherman to injury and this could and should be a cakewalk for the 'Cats. They are also (8-2) Ats in their last 10 on the road when favored by 5 or less. Same HC stat for Louisville above also applies here. Northwestern 30 Vandy 13

3* "7 PT." Teaser = Cincy (+9.5) - "OVER" (48.5) ---> -130 (10:00 PM)

The Bearcats lost their HC and QB Pike but they return plenty of weapons in QB Callaros, RB Pead and a talented group of WR's that should if anything, keep them in this game until the end and put points on the board. Fresno played them tough last year and they return plenty of players themselves. Cincy 31 Fresno St 30

3* "7 PT." Teaser = Tcu (-6) - Wisconsin (-13) ---> -130

This is my made for TV Teaser. I don't feel "great" about either but both are on TV and i like the action. TCU returns plenty against a Oregon St team that generally starts slow (3-11 Ats in their first away contest of the season and a dismal 0-7 Ats before a non-conference home game) and they also have a new QB at the helm. Wisky returns a ton of talent, including their QB Tolzen, RB Clay and their Top 5 Receivers vs a UNLV bunch that allowed a mind boggling 220 ypg last year on the ground and they lost their leading tackler. Tcu 34 Oregon St 20 & Wisky 38 Unlv 17

GOOD LUCK!
                              Last edited by wayne1218; 09-04-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X