UFC 117 Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 117 Play

Hope I am not in any trouble for opening too many threads (WNBA, Baseball, Arena football now MMA). I will warn everyone that this is my first MMA play but I have done quite a bit of research and like it a lot. All comments by the more experienced players (Maark, Chunger and Mr. Pain) and anyone else are welcomed.

Fitch -125 over Alves. Fitch is going to try and use his superior wrestling style and some boxing to beat Alves. Alves is gonna want the match to remain upright so that he can use his muy thai to punish Fitch with leg kicks and then go for the knockout. I think wrestling is one of the most dominant skills an MMA fighter can have. With Fitch's wrestling background Alves is going to have a tough time with it. Besides I have heard that Alves is having a tough time cutting weight from 200+ to170. I think this will impact his cardio and give Fitch the advantage.

BOL to all

gl Raven

No feedback from me as I don't watch UFC

Comment

Fitch has lost two of his four bouts.
      But he did beat Alves convincingly 4 years ago.
      This rematch has already been cancelled twice. I was looking at this matchup last night and could not come up with a side.

Hope you hit it!

Comment

should be a great fight my friend,really excited about this card !!!!
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

These are CLEARLY the best 2 welterweights in the ufc that are not named St. Pierre. Should be a great fight.

I like your analysis on this fight raven, as it is pretty much the way i broke it down as well. (i also agree with your wrestling comment just beware that there are different kinds of wrestlers, greco, olympic, catch, even folkstlye (high school wrestling) judo as well as jiu jitsu are considered wrestling)

I should probably tell you if you don't already know alves comes from ATT (where i am) and my initial pick WAS on alves.......UNTIL a couple hours ago. Don't know where you get your info but it's a good source because you are right, he is having big trouble cutting weight, JUST found out he didn't show up for the open workout today....that's not good. Now that is no strange thing to him though as i can honestly tell you the dude struggles with weight EVERY fight, and it is because he is too big for 170. He should be at 185 and he could easily fight at 205....he walks around more than 200

@ ATT weight cutting might be more important than any part of the training camp, they use many different methods (some crazy) of cutting weight, not just 1. It's like you said, fitch is a grinder, that's what he does, and i fully expect him to use primarily his all american college wrestling skills to take alves down, don't be surprised if alves just gets back up throughout the 1st round, but if cardio is an issue at all he can't keep getting up through 3 rounds eventually alves will gas and fitch will use top control to get a decision win.

IMO fitch should not even stand with alves for 1 minute because 1 thing is for sure if he tags you it's probably done.

Good luck raven.

Comment

Nice call brother raven,how bout that silva fight !!!
            DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Thanks Chunger. That Silva fight was unfreakingbelieveable. Talking about pulling one out of your ass. Silva threw up a Hail Mary this time and luckily for him it was completed

Comment

Working...
              X