Small card, Huge play in MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small card, Huge play in MLB

Unders are my game, and I have found what I consider a perfect candidate in my search for smart under bets.

Cincinnati is a bad road team. Like look-overmatched-by-Seattle bad. They look especially bad when they play in spacious ballparks that do not easily accommodate 3 run HRs. While the Cinci lineup has posted decent AVGs so far this season, when you are sporting Votto, Rolen, Gomes, and Bruce in the heart of the order, you are not exactly a classic hit-and-run sort of team. They want to go deep.

Gio Gonzalez is very quietly having a very nice season for Oakland, particularly at home. His most impressive home stat: 40 innings pitched, ONE homer allowed. He knows how to keep the ball inside the Coliseum.

Mike Leake is a great young pitcher who may have a tough time later in the season facing some clubs for the 2nd or 3rd time, but Oakland has never seen him, and likely done little to prepare for him in a random interleague contest. He has sneaky stuff, and that should be enough to keep the A's at bay.

I really don't think runs are coming in this game, as two under-rated young pitchers should be able to minimize the long balls and keep the score low.

CINCI/OAK UNDER 7.5
    BiG
    Good luck all.

Best of luck with the biggie tonight.
    Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Good luck, Truckee. I like it.

Comment

damn extra innings hurt. that sucked

Comment

Unbelievable bad beat. Played along with you and it looked great until it went to extra innings. Even then it looked good when the Reds took the lead 3-2, then a 2 run homer and then another run. Still going, it's 6-2.

Get 'em next time....

KAZ
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Geezus. 7 fucking runs scored in the 9th and 10th inning and it's still going. Relievers are pieces of shit!

KAZ
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

tough beat. you capped it right, just a bad break.
              "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah, this was one of those bad beats that would make me quit if I knew better. Fortunately, I do not know better.

It was the Kouzhmanoff OPPOSITE FIELD HR???? in the 9th that was the killer. Game was 1-1 after 8, and i was definitely feeling more comfortable than I clearly should. Watching those two SPs do exactly what I thought to the opposing lineup made it a very fun play for about two and a half hours.

Just have to be patient in the search for that next total. No panic, no chase.

Good luck all.

Comment

Good luck t-t
                  jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Working...
                  X