Vols fans u.s. Open bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vols fans u.s. Open bets

Alright boys.As a Georgia boy IMO the greatest tournament in the World is the Masters.Well the U.S. Open is second and I love the challenge the USGA puts up every year for these guys. 156 players so you can't just take one horse in a race like this.I play 8-10 guys from favorites to longshots cause the course plays tough as shit and pars not birdies is the key.That brings a realistic 50% of the field with a decent chance of winning.Heres my plays:

Favorite:
    Phil Mickelson +600-------------- 30 to win 180

Decent odds on great golfers:
    Jim Furyk +2500------------------ 6 to win 150
    Dustin Johnson +3000--------------2 to win 60
    Geoff Ogilvy +4000----------------- 3 to win 120
    Ian Poulter +5000------------------- 3 to win 150
    K J Choi +3000----------------------- 4 to win 120

Longshots:
    Justin Leonard +15000-----------------2 to win 300
    Brandt Snedeker +20000---------------- 2 to win 400

Hey, it's the U.S open what the hell pick:
    David Duval +6000------------ 2 to win 120

Props:
    Will Sergio make the cut------- no(+135) 10 to win 13.50
    Jim Furyk o/u finishing postition---- under 22.5(-115) 15 to win 13.04
    Lee westwood o/u finishing position---- under12.5(-115) 16 to win 13.92

Rickey Barnes

I wouldn't discount Rickey Barnes.....he's a west coast guy and can grind it out. At 125-1 I took a shot!!!!! Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DollarPlayer View Post
      I wouldn't discount Rickey Barnes.....he's a west coast guy and can grind it out. At 125-1 I took a shot!!!!! Good Luck!!!
      No doubt he can grind it out but I saw an interview with him today and his body language and tone of voice about the rough and tough conditions didn't sound good.As a former scratch golfer when I was down about how hard a course was I never seemed to play good.Just my opinion but Good luck to you man

Comment

Good luck Vols!

I love Sergio to MC.

Furyk will hang in there with his chipping game.

There will be lots of balls hitting greens and rolling off. The winner will be the guy who chips and putts his ass off.

I really dont like Westwood, the guy can strike it but his chipping game is a weakness and really good iron shots will still not hold in many circumstances. (I got a report straight from a caddie on the Tour who is there, I have several friends out there)

Go Phil
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
          I really dont like Westwood, the guy can strike it but his chipping game is a weakness and really good iron shots will still not hold in many circumstances. (I got a report straight from a caddie on the Tour who is there, I have several friends out there)

Go Phil
          I ain't playing Westwood to win because I don't think he will either but he finished 2nd or 3rd in the last 3 majors so thats why I played him finishing position under 12.5.Just playing the numbers I guess and figure on a top 10

Comment

There will be lots of balls hitting greens and rolling off. The winner will be the guy who chips and putts his ass off.
            Smallest greens these guys will face this year.I love Phil cause he can get up and down from anywhere and I also like a longshot like Justin Leonard just in case the wind picks up and lets face it he can putt lights out.Based on putting I guess you have to add Zack Johnson and Steve Stricker but these ain't bent grass greens and great putters like those guys seem to overead the greens out west.

Comment

Good luck buddy! I am sitting this one out--I think I blew about 120 bucks on this shit last year and don't remember who won!!

Hope you win Vols!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                Good luck buddy! I am sitting this one out--I think I blew about 120 bucks on this shit last year and don't remember who won!!

Hope you win Vols!!!
                Bryce, 99% of America didn't have Lucas Glover to win the U.S Open last year so you ain't the only one that lost I promise.Bet some longshots for $1-$5 each for the hell of it and just watch.You could be 6-7 back starting on Sunday and still end up winning.Thats why I wouldn't invest too much money but play some 30-1 to 60-1 guys just for the thrill.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                  Smallest greens these guys will face this year.I love Phil cause he can get up and down from anywhere and I also like a longshot like Justin Leonard just in case the wind picks up and lets face it he can putt lights out.Based on putting I guess you have to add Zack Johnson and Steve Stricker but these ain't bent grass greens and great putters like those guys seem to overead the greens out west.

Agree on Leonard, great wedge player and a grinder. Won his British Open in hard and fast conditions.

The greens are Poa Annua and will get bumpy for sure. A real test of patience cause everyone will miss putts they are not used to missing.

Good luck, how do you like Tiger? I think he will contend for sure. His short game is too good even if his long game is a little off, he will grind it out.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Good luck, how do you like Tiger? I think he will contend for sure. His short game is too good even if his long game is a little off, he will grind it out.
                    I'm honestly thinking he's gonna T-10 or miss cut. We'll see if everything comes together early enough or not. He should get stronger as the tourney progresses as long as the hole isnt too deep

PK
                    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Duval

I'll still book every Duval bet you want to make

Good luck buddy! Nice looking card except for you know who

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        Duval

I'll still book every Duval bet you want to make

Good luck buddy! Nice looking card except for you know who
                        I'll book every Junior bet you wanna make

PK
                        No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Most sites update the lines everyday so I'm holding off on Tiger to see how his mindset is and how he handles the rough.If he starts out hot I should still be able to get him at 2-1 or even money on Saturday morning.

Comment

Good Luck Vols!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                              I'll book every Junior bet you wanna make

PK
                              When was the last time I made a Junior bet?

Comment

Working...
                              X