Belmont Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belmont Selection

#5 Fly Down ML 9-2 $100 to win and place. In handicapping this race I looked strongly at past performances and what convinced me that Fly Down is the pick was looking at how he ran 2 races back in the Louisiana Derby. While it was the worse finish of his career (9th) he put up some impressive numbers. On the day of the race, if a horse wasn't within 3 lengths of the lead at some point in the race then he had no chance of winning. Entering the stretch Fly Down was steadied (aka stopped) just as he was beginning to make his late run, yet he still finished only 6 3/4 lengths behind the winner. He made up 7 lengths in the stretch after being stopped cold on a track that was unkind to closers all day. He ran the final 1/8 of a mile in 11 3/5 seconds. To put that in perspective a fast closing final 1/8 time is usually 12 and change. Zito's entry Ice Box is getting all the attention but I think Fly Down get him his 3rd Belmont. BOL if you follow.

Gl!

Comment

Good luck "r" #5 is my lucky no.
      jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        #5 Fly Down ML 9-2 $100 to win and place. In handicapping this race I looked strongly at past performances and what convinced me that Fly Down is the pick was looking at how he ran 2 races back in the Louisiana Derby. While it was the worse finish of his career (9th) he put up some impressive numbers. On the day of the race, if a horse wasn't within 3 lengths of the lead at some point in the race then he had no chance of winning. Entering the stretch Fly Down was steadied (aka stopped) just as he was beginning to make his late run, yet he still finished only 6 3/4 lengths behind the winner. He made up 7 lengths in the stretch after being stopped cold on a track that was unkind to closers all day. He ran the final 1/8 of a mile in 11 3/5 seconds. To put that in perspective a fast closing final 1/8 time is usually 12 and change. Zito's entry Ice Box is getting all the attention but I think Fly Down get him his 3rd Belmont. BOL if you follow.
        like him also brother !!!!
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Good Luck Raven

Comment

Working...
          X