Anybody Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Interested?

I'm looking for a little help here guys. I want to run a Free MLB type capping contest where you pick 3 games each week on either Saturday or Sunday. You will have to pick all 3 games in one post for either 3 games Saturday or 3 games Sunday. No 2 one day and 1 the other. It will all be in one thread per week.

I'm looking for one of the regulars who is here daily to run it by posting the weekly thread and correcting each persons picks in the weekly thread as well. It shouldn't be too tough all being in one thread. You will simply have to post the thread on or before Friday and hopefully have the standings done no later than Tuesday or Wednesday. We would really prefer it being somebody that has been here awhile though so that we know they won't quit halfway through it.

I will list the original sign up thread and the week 1 thread. You will simply have to copy & paste it for future weeks starting in week 2.

There will be a 1st half winner and a new contest starting after the All Star break for a 2nd winner. I will list details and the prize in the sign up thread.

Is there anybody here that wants to give it a go???

If it's just posting a thread and grading games, sure.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

If its only a weekend thing I can do it. The everyday thing last year got too crazy with work at the end for me.
      NFL System - Year 1
      Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
      Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
      Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
      Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
      Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
      Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
      Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Hey Wayne. I'm glad to help if it's easy. I've got time to do it and I sure can contribute some help if needed.

Comment

I dont mind helping out.

Comment

How bout lets just make it a group thing where everyone pitches in.first one that can post correctly the standings for the week and do the work that week just post's it.also would be good to have 4 or 5 different people doing this so that no one will have to worry about the results being correct because we will have more than one person contributing to the standings
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Hey, Thanks a lot guys. The help is very much appreciated by me, Monte, Joe, and every other member here.

Since mavs was the 1st to post, we'll have him give it a go. If he wants or needs help, he can come in here and ask 1 of the 4 others to give him a hand with it.

I like your idea tech but we tried that once before and it was a little confusing for people to be honest. Sometimes it is just easier having one guy post all the threads so that people know who to look for and all questions regarding mistakes in scoring can go to him as well. I'll be doing one for the 2nd half of the season too and to give mavs a break, it would be great if one of you could do that one.

Thanks again!!!

I'll try and get the threads for sign-up and week 1 both up tonight. We need to get it going quickly as the season is almost 3 weeks old already.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                Hey, Thanks a lot guys. The help is very much appreciated by me, Monte, Joe, and every other member here.

Since mavs was the 1st to post, we'll have him give it a go. If he wants or needs help, he can come in here and ask 1 of the 4 others to give him a hand with it.

I like your idea tech but we tried that once before and it was a little confusing for people to be honest. Sometimes it is just easier having one guy post all the threads so that people know who to look for and all questions regarding mistakes in scoring can go to him as well. I'll be doing one for the 2nd half of the season too and to give mavs a break, it would be great if one of you could do that one.

Thanks again!!!

I'll try and get the threads for sign-up and week 1 both up tonight. We need to get it going quickly as the season is almost 3 weeks old already.

sounds good man thanks for the idea and the contest
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

This sounds great ... Good idea Wayne ...

Thanks Guys

Comment

I'm in, great idea.
                    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                      I'm in, great idea.

You need to sign up in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X