I Don't Know What Tournament They Are in Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Know What Tournament They Are in Plays

Went 3-1 yesterday. If UNC could hit foul shots down the stretch it would have been a sweep. Had to look hard for an angle and reason to play these 2 games but I think I found them.

University Of Northern Colorado +1' over Portland. One of my reasons is the location of Northern Colorado. The university is located in Greely which has an elevation of over 4000 feet. Teams not used to playing at such elevations often struggle. No. Colorado was 12-1 at home. Their only loss was to Montana, which is located in Missoula which also has a elevation over 3000 feet. Portland played only one road game this year against a team with a high elevation, that being Idaho which is in Moscow Idaho that has an elevation over 3000 feet. Idaho was 15-16 in the WAC so not exactly a powerhouse. Portland lost to them by 20. Besides the geography NO. Colorado won 24 hgames this year and this is their first post season tournament ever, so they are looking at it as a big deal.

Loyola Marymount pick over Pacific. Loyola had a decent season this year going 18-15 after winning only 3 games in 2008-2009. The 15 game turnaround was the second biggest turnaround in the nation this year. They beat some pretty decent teams this year including Gonzaga at home and Notre Dame and So. Cal on the road. This is their first post season game in 20 years, since 1990 when they made a run in the tournament after the death of Hank Gathers. Their coach said "we are honored to be a part of this tournament and to be able to continue our season by competing in this quality tournament is very important to the future of this program". Thus Loy. Mary. isn't taking this tournament lightly. Pacific on the other hand finished tied for first with UC Santa Barbara in their conference. All they had to do was win 2 tournament games and they would be in the big dance. They got beat by Log Beach in their first tournament game so there has to be disappointment at being in a second rate tournament.

By the length of these write-ups you can tell I have too much time on my hands, BOL to all today.

Gl Raven!

Comment

Good luck raven!! Too much time---I know the feeling!!

Comment

Working...
      X