Fassell Can't Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fassell Can't Coach

Another boneheaded move by this goof could cost the Giants yet another game. How do you not go for two at 17-12 with 12 minutes to play? How many times does he expect this popgun offense to get close? Whats the difference with being down 4 or 5? Couple this with his many other brilliant moves this season and its inevitable this guy will be shitcanned very shortly!

Talk about boneheaded that has to be the stupidest safety I have ever seen in my life you have a better chance of making 4th and 19. Then recovering a onside kick. What the fuck kind of call was that. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If I was the owner of the Giants he would be fired tonight.
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

I thought it was awesome

Of course I had Tampa -5.5

Sorry Homer......

I almost threw my TV out the window when they didn't kick the field goal.

^Hawk^
      Other Betting Forums? They do not exist. They are on the moon. Do not believe the lies! The only forum is BettorsChat! - Iraqi Information Minister

Comment

Fassell is a moron..

Collins is a joke..

Some got lucky tonite..I was not one of them.

Geez..what a joke

Comment

Don't forget in all fairness Homer that Belichick used a similar tact by taking a safety against Denver several weeks ago and it worked, and Pats got a victory.
          Last edited by savage1; 11-25-2003, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I want to know when I am going to be on the right side of a late intentional safety. This is the third or fourth time this year I have been smoked by such in NFL or CFB. Fucking bullshit. What the fuck was Fassel thinking? The odds of converting a 4th and 19 aren't great, but they're better than recovering an onside kick. At least try to run a play and have Collins kneel in the end zone if he's in trouble (although he would probably fumble after being hit and give up a TD).

Fassel is simply an idiot--overrated since he made that silly "this team will make the playoffs" guarantee 3 years ago--and he ought to be fired tonight. Not after the season, not next week--TONIGHT!!!!!!
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

Comment

savage

I agree it did work for New england

But there is a difference between the two.

1.) They had timeouts to make Denver kick the ball back to them.

2.) They didn't have the whole game depending on a onside kick.

So I don't blame New England for it. But this one was just plan stupid.

Its just like the lions in Chicago last year winning the coin flip in OT. Then the moron coach of the lions says I will take the wind and gives the ball to Chicago. End of story Chicago takes kick off down field and wins game.

Guess what the moron is no longer coaching
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer-doesn't fact that you bet Giants temper your thinking just a little bit?;I admit it affected mine as I had TB.
                From your financial stake, you wanted NY to either throw a pass which you would want to be completed and/or intercepted with no run back OR a punt which TB would simply let bounce and any case let the clock run out to protect your bet.
                Lets be honest with ourselves here at least a little bit.
                Last edited by savage1; 11-25-2003, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I agree with you that my bet, being on the giants does make me more steamed about the call. But my point is you have a better chance of converting a 4th and 19th. Because your actually in control of the play. Why not have collins go back and if he has no one open take the safety himself ? Then try the onside kick.

Then letting the game ride on a onside kick that isn't even off a tee and the whole world knows that your going to do it. There was no possible way that Tampa Bay was going to let them recover that ball.

It was just a total waste of a play.
                  Last edited by Homer; 11-25-2003, 01:18 AM.
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer-what you say makes some sense to a point.
                    However, what happens if Collins goes back and is hit so hard he fumbles and TB falls on it for a touchdown;then you have zero chance of winning as you would be down 11 after extra point.

Comment

Working...
                    X