My Take of This Chatboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Take of This Chatboard

We all know that in theory the reason for the existence of this chatboard is to win and to help our comrades to win;that is a given.
    As a matter of fact, the posts and picks of those who post here as well as those of the consensus have helped me do better(in all honesty on my own I don't do very well at this).
    That being said, I think this forum also reflects human nature and and multiple personalities; I don't view that as a bad thing for the most part and personally enjoy (with a few exceptions) reading the different styles of posting-from the great laidback and dry humor from such folks such as Memphis Mafia, Knockonwood, Homer and Goldvike(as well as superb picks) to the no-nonsense approach and great picks of those such as Ezwinners, Wayne, Poboy, etc. and to the standup clown, Knowlez;they called that comic relief when I studied literature and shakesperian plays;
    The human emotions of jealousy as well as ego do show up at times, and there are arguments, but that goes with human nature;oh my!- just today someone casually announced (like he was going out to buy a loaf of bread) that he was going to allegedly bet 20K on the Chiefs;whether that is true or not(I doubt it), we see the way in which one person can stoke his own ego by trying to impress others.
    This board in all honesty meets a need of mine also-getting quality picks as well as being entertained in soap-operaish way on a daily basis.
    Admittedly I am as guilty of this as anyone else(I am not sure that is the right choice of words),as I love to take goodnature potshots at Phil Steele/Northcoast as well as seriously exposing the con-artists like Ty Gaston;you might say I enjoy being part of this play.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that the subconscious meaning of this post is to stoke my own ego, although on the surface I am telling myself that I am purely trying to discuss things in an analytical manner;oh well no one including me is perfect;lets keep the winning going tomorrow as the main goal, but just as importantly lets have another entertaining day of this play with no ending.

could not have said it

better myself savage well said and may i add that you are an integral part of the board have a happy and safe holiday

Comment

As I see it :

You left no stone unturned , and quite the " essay on egos " !

We all knew when we got in this what it was all about and winning produces egos while losing produces egos of a lesser sort ( latter my saddle at the moment )

On this holiday of glutney you sure picked a fine time to jerk on this chain there big guy. And its sure enough all relevant as to why this room survives in the grand fashion that is bestowed upon it , and thrives where others fail .

I , for one am not done on this subject and hope you intended to get my ego kick started by placing me at the head of the list ? For the moment I stand down because its so busy around here and I still have to count how much cash I have lost in the past two days , but rest assured poboy aint the only one who noticed your explination or announcement of the glee we all share.

This is after all , the only place to be when one is in the searching mode !

Love Ya !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
      Last edited by MemphisMafia; 11-24-2003, 10:54 AM.
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

I love this place so far Arguing helps keep things in the open at least.. rather have someone talk shit to my face than behind my back

Now if only mrhockey would join here it would be prefect

Comment

Savage

I think you hit it right on the mark. I agree with you. I will add that the on going soup, actually is entertaining,"most of the time". You never know what your going to get for day to day, actually sometimes minute to minute.

But I have to think that the feeling I get for this forum is all in all the regular's are all focused on the same goal. Winning money and helping others do the same. So with that said I love this forum and everything it has to offer.

Lets make this a great holiday season and make our pockets a lot Bigger :D

:cool:
          1 of 1 Morons

Comment

"DITTO" Boys & Girls!:D

Comment

AMEN !!

You guys & gals are the best.Peace,Love,and out.
              :D
              Beavers are our furry friends.

Comment

well said ... let's help each other wins game, kill the bookie man!!!

peace !
                BEHIND EVERY GAMBLING MAN'S FAILURE STANDS A WOMAN

Comment

OK SAVAGE--I CONFESSS!!

You got me on this one........I better come clean now!!

I AM NOT GOLDVIKE.......FOR I AM NONE OTHER THAN TY GASTON HIMSELF!

Noooooooo......wait a minute......my legions have spoken out and therefore I must claim that I AM IN FACT......X-CUBED!!

Waaaaaitttt......no......that' not it either.......FOR I AM THE GREAT PURVERYOR OF ODDS FROM THE PHIL STEELE NORTHBYSOUTHEASTCOASTALWESTERN SPORTS GROUP!!!!

Hold it a minute........this schitzo thing really does have me confused........better go now........gotta DROP 40 DIMES on Slippery Rock +44 over Elon.......lock of the millenium! :D
                  I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Goldvike-love your style and unique humor!

Comment

quality

It is hard within a group of people like this not to have emotion as well as humor get involved..........nobody likes to lose and we all know that blaming others for a losing pick is natural, like the person intended to lose..........but most of the veterans and regulars on this site are great and i think this site does a very good job of being honest and helping out their brotha's with good picks, analysis and small egos

sincerely dr. ron bash

Comment

Working...
                      X