• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bum's Sunday's SweetHeart Plays !

Sunday, February 14Game Score Status Pick Amount

DePaul - 12:00 PM ET DePaul +14.5 300
    Seton Hall -

Louisville - 1:00 PM ET Syracuse -8 500 ( BIG EAST BLOWOUT )
    Syracuse - Under 149 500

Ohio St. - 1:00 PM ET Illinois +1.5 300 ( POSSIBLE UPGRADE )
    Illinois - Over 137.5 500

Western Michigan - 2:00 PM ET Western Michigan +2.5 300
    Eastern Michigan -

La Salle - 2:00 PM ET La Salle +4.5 300
    Duquesne - Over 143.5 300

Ohio - 2:00 PM ET Akron -7.5 300
    Akron - Over 140.5 500

Loyola-Maryland - 2:00 PM ET Iona -8 300
    Iona - Under 124.5 300

Marist - 2:00 PM ET Niagara -20 200
    Niagara - Under 135 200

Miami (OH) - 2:00 PM ET Miami (OH) +0 400
    Bowling Green - Over 118.5 400

Siena - 2:00 PM ET Siena -8 300
    Canisius - Under 143.5 300

Georgetown - 4:00 PM ET Rutgers +10 300
    Rutgers - Under 140 300

St. Joseph's - 4:00 PM ET St. Joseph's +4.5 300
    Massachusetts - Over 150.5 500

Montana - 4:05 PM ET Eastern Washington +7 500
    Eastern Washington - Over 133 500

Toledo - 4:30 PM ET Central Michigan -15 300
    Central Michigan - Under 119 500

Minnesota - 5:00 PM ET Northwestern +0 400 ( BIG 10 POD )
    Northwestern - Under 135.5 400

Boston College - 7:30 PM ET Boston College +8.5 300
    Florida St. - Under 134.5 300

St. John's - 7:30 PM ET St. John's +5 500 BIG EAST UPSET OF THE DAY )
    Notre Dame - Under 144 500

Missouri St. - 8:05 PM ET Wichita St. -7 500 ( MVC BLOWOUT OF THE DAY )
    Wichita St. - Over 135.5 300

UCLA - 10:00 PM ET UCLA +7.5 500 ( PAC 10 UPSET )
    Southern California - Over 118 500

==============================================

Sunday, February 14Game Score Status Pick Amount

Nashville - 1:00 PM ET Nashville +159 500 ( POD )
    Pittsburgh - Over 5.5 500

Vancouver - 3:00 PM ET Vancouver -116 500
    Minnesota - Under 5.5 500

Ottawa - 5:00 PM ET Ottawa -126 500
    NY Islanders - Under 5.5 500

Chicago - 5:00 PM ET Columbus +120 500 ( POD )
    Columbus - Over 5.5 500

Anaheim - 7:00 PM ET Anaheim -138 500
    Edmonton - Over 5.5 500

===========================================

NBA ALL-STAR PICKS LATER IN THE DAY.

Good Luck to you all .......HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !
    Remember the 3 G's Gambling, Golf, Girls not in any particular order.....

Sunday's Tip Sheet

Sunday’s college basketball slate features 18 games on tap and seven of the contests will be televised nationally. Two early battles will feature some top-notch schools in No. 2 Syracuse and No. 13 Ohio State, while the late-night games showcase two teams, Florida State and USC, trying to make a postseason push.

Let’s take a closer look!

ESPN, 1:00 p.m. - Louisville (15-9 SU, 7-12 ATS) at Syracuse (24-1 SU, 15-6 ATS)

Has Louisville’s bubble burst? Most would believe so after watching the Cardinals get blasted 74-55 by St. John’s last Thursday from Madison Square Garden. The loss couldn’t have come at a worst time, especially with rumors circling around Rick Pitino. Reports stated that the head coach was interested in jetting back to the NBA, in particular the New Jersey Nets. For now, they’re untrue and most executives in the big leagues probably know his time has passed. You just wonder if the Cardinals faithful know too.

Louisville has a chance to redeem itself on Sunday and silence the critics when it faces Syracuse at the Carrier Dome. That’s not going to be easy, considering the Cardinals are 1-6 in road games this year and the only victory came against a Providence (92-70) squad that can’t guard anybody.

Syracuse has outscored opponents by an average of 21 points (83-62) at home this season, which has produced a 15-1 SU and 7-5 ATS mark. On Wednesday, the Orange stopped UConn 72-67 but failed to cover the point-spread (10 ½). The Orange are laying eight points against the Cards.

Even though the Orange have been able to put up points this season, the defense has been just as good and it’s been reflected in totals. The ‘under’ has gone 11-6 this season, which includes a current ‘under’ run of 8-1. Louisville has also watched the ‘under’ go 4-2 in its last six games. The total for today is hovering between 149-150.

Last year, Louisville took both encounters against Syracuse including a 76-66 victory in the Big East championship. The total went 1-1.

CBS, 1:00 p.m. - Ohio State (19-6 SU, 11-10 ATS) at Illinois (17-8 SU, 9-14 ATS)

Illinois has quietly won five straight games, three of them coming on the road and two against Michigan State (78-73) and Wisconsin (63-56). The Fighting Illini hasn’t played since Tuesday and another big win here should get the school back into the Top 25. Standing in their way will be a red-hot Ohio State squad that has won nine straight conference (6-3 ATS) games, but only three were on the road. We mention that fact because the Buckeyes have gone 3-5 SU and 4-6 ATS outside of Columbus this year and only one of the wins (Purdue) would be deemed as quality.

The Fighting Illini has gone 12-1 at home this season, and their lone loss came against Purdue (78-84) on Jan. 19. The ‘over’ has recorded an 8-2 mark in the 10 games with totals listed.

Illinois swept the season series against Ohio State last year, which included a 67-49 win in Champaign. Prior to those victories, the Buckeyes had won five straight in this series. Both schools appear to be on their way to at-large bids for March Madness but a win in this spot would certainly go a long way toward the Big Ten regular season title. They both trail Michigan State in the latest standings.

FSN, 7:30 p.m. - Boston College (12-12 SU, 8-11 ATS) at Florida State (17-7 SU, 5-14 ATS)

The Eagles and Seminoles will square off in another expected slugfest on Sunday, but this time the action will take place in Tallahassee. Florida State defeated Boston College 61-57 on Jan. 30 as a one-point underdog in Chestnut Hill. Last year, the teams split the regular season series with the home team winning each game. Does the split happen again this year with the road teams claiming victories?

Considering Boston College’s 4-4 road record both SU and ATS, it wouldn’t be a big surprise to see them upset FSU. Unfortunately, all four losses were in ACC play and the lone road conference win was at Miami (79-75), who isn’t a top unit this season.

Florida State has gone 11-2 SU at home this year, but gamblers have watched them post a horrendous 1-8 record ATS in the nine games with a line. The only cover for the Seminoles over this span came against Tennessee Martin (95-68) on Dec. 22 as 25-point favorites.

With Florida State giving close to 8 ½-points against Boston College, it makes you wonder if Leonard Hamilton’s team is capable of running somebody out of the building.

FSN, 10:00 p.m. -- UCLA (11-12 SU, 10-11 ATS) at USC (14-9 SU, 11-10 ATS)

It’s been said that the Pac 10 might be lucky to get more than one seed in the upcoming NCAA Tournament and neither one of these teams have been mentioned. The Bruins have been plagued by injuries all season long and the Trojans are still trying to regroup after the Tim Floyd fiasco in the offseason.

Despite having a banged-up roster, UCLA has won four of its last six games, three of them coming at Pauley Pavilion. Unfortunately, Sunday’s contest won’t be played at home and that hasn’t been a good thing for Ben Howland’s team. The Bruins have gone 2-6 SU and 3-5 ATS in road and neutral games, but the two victories did come in Pac 10 play.

USC has been a tough out at home (10-3 SU, 5-6 ATS) this season, especially during conference play (5-1 SU, 3-3 ATS). The lone conference loss came to Washington State (60-67), which saw the Trojans shoot just 37 percent from the field. The other two losses at Galen Center were a bit surprising too, coming early in the season to Loyola Marymount (59-67) and Nebraska (48-51).

The Trojans like to slow it down under head coach Kevin O’Neil and the style has produced an ‘under’ record of 14-6 (70%). The total for this battle is listed between 117 and 118.

USC romped UCLA by 21 points (67-46) on Jan. 16 as a one-point road underdog. The Trojans shot 52 percent from the field while the Bruins struggled to a 33 percent mark, which included a 3-of-20 performance from 3-point land. The combined 113 points dipped ‘under’ the closing total of 116 and total players should note that the ‘under’ is on a 5-1 run in the last six.

After this contest, the pair will have four days off before embarking to Washington for road contests against the Huskies and Cougars.

Comment

Illinois game now at 2 at bookmaker....am looking for 2.5 even 3 to jump on this game big time.......

Comment

Good luck to you today SDB!

Comment

Hi Meg.....how's it going on your end?

Comment

Originally posted by StarDust Bum View Post
            Hi Meg.....how's it going on your end?
            Hockey has kicked my behind lately..but other then that all is well..and yourself?

Happy Valentines Day!

Comment

MEG- been hanging in there...have had my good days and bad ones....hopefully today won't be a repeat of the St. Valentine's Day massacre...........

Comment

Please don't take this the wrong way as I swear I don't mean any disrespect, but my curiousity is killing me with your plays. I'm trying to figure out your posts, b/c the way I read your posts it looks like you play pretty much every game on the board for $400 to $500 a play. Yesterday it looked like you had close to 100 plays for about $40k??? Another $10k+ today so far. At that pace it would seem you are betting $100,000 a week, or about $5,000,000 a year. Obviously you aren't losing all those bets, but if you split your plays at 50% you would lose roughly $500,000. Am I reading things wrong? Again, just trying to understand things and mean no disrespect.

Comment

Its alright to ask harold.......i don't play all those games but i do play those games i post as a POD or GOY....all others are ranked as to what i would consider other lightly played opinions......
                  One would be nuts or very rich to play the whole board.....so take those 500 games as highly recommended plays and the rest as opinions.....Those that say POD as my plays....Which i have 5-6 of them on days depending on schedule of games....saturdays being a madhouse day.......you might see a half dozen in the morning rounds and another half dozen in the evening.....
                  Hope that answers your curiosity as to what's happening here....

good luck

Comment

NBA - Feb 14

NBA - SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH ALL STAR GAME - COWBOYS STADIUM - ARLINGTON, TX
                    5:20 PM

851 EAST -2 o262½
                    852 WEST

Comment

Originally posted by StarDust Bum View Post
                      Its alright to ask harold.......i don't play all those games but i do play those games i post as a POD or GOY....all others are ranked as to what i would consider other lightly played opinions......
                      One would be nuts or very rich to play the whole board.....so take those 500 games as highly recommended plays and the rest as opinions.....Those that say POD as my plays....Which i have 5-6 of them on days depending on schedule of games....saturdays being a madhouse day.......you might see a half dozen in the morning rounds and another half dozen in the evening.....
                      Hope that answers your curiosity as to what's happening here....

good luck
                      That make a lot more sense. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what type of bankroll you had to be betting that much. Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Awesome Harold....don't want ya to think i was using Bernie's Bankroll here..............

Comment

Working...
                        X