Big Friday NCAAB play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Friday NCAAB play

YTD 2010 (for Chado, my neighbor to the north)
    NCAAB: 6-3
    NDAAF(bowl season): 5-1
    NFL: 0-1

Coast to coast victory for a 10.5 point underdog yesterday, so why not take the points again?

Tonight Yale hosts UPenn, and I have the game capped as a pick-em. The actual spread: Yale -8.5. I'll gladly take the points.

Yale is 7-12, UPenn 1-13, and that 1-13 mark is clearly a big factor here. But to me, the list of Yale wins and UPenn losses tells a completely different story.

Yale has beaten:
    Colgate (6-14)
    Elon (4-16)
    Hartford (6-15)
    Bryant (0-21)
    Albertus Magnus N/A .. no other D1 opponents
    NJIT (6-13)
    Brown (7-12)

This means that Yale's 7 victories have come against teams with a combined record of 29-86, plus one glorified junior college program.

UPenn's ugly record has come against opponents which include: Penn St, Villanova, Delaware, Drexel, Davidson, Duke, Temple, LaSalle, and St Joseph's. This sort of schedule not only excuses some of the ugliness in record, but also indicates a team that has faced a LOT stronger challenges than Yale at home. UPenn is a perennial Ivy power, and they are not afraid to take on stiff competition in the preseason, knowing that they can always be a contender in conference play.

I am well aware that Penn lost last year's leading scorer, Tyler Bernardini, for the season with a foot injury, and this has significantly lowered expectations at Penn, but preseason polls showed Penn as the 4th strongest team in the Ivy, and Yale as 7th, and I really don't think that Yale's unimpressive victories and Penn's multiple losses to major conference powers should have changed that projection.

Bottom line: I think this game will be close, and this is a load of points to be getting against a team without a single impressive victory.

PENN +8.5 large

Good luck all.

good luck buddy .. keep it going !!

Comment

Good luck Truckee

Comment

Gutsy pick going with Penn but in general I have a rule that anytime you have a game involving two crap teams always take the points. I think you have a winner.

PEACE

Comment

Thanks for posting your record and GL with Penn tonight T!!!
          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good Luck T

Comment

Good luck T!

Comment

good luck tonite truckee...

Comment

Working...
                  X