Cant believe this spread -- Huge NCCAB play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant believe this spread -- Huge NCCAB play

I'm always curious how other cappers come about their biggest plays... I know for some it is number crunching, systems, trends, and for many it is a gut-feeling.

I always pick 10-12 NCAAB games that I have a good feel for, and using numbers, past games, and all handy statistics, I divine a line and a total for each, before I ever see the official line. For anybody else who does this, you know that it is not difficult to get very near the Vegas number on most all of the games.

Here are a few examples for tonight's games:

Indiana@PennSt MY CAP: PSU -8 ACTUAL: PSU-10
    ArkLR@Fla Atl MY CAP: FLa Atl -6 ACTUAL: FL AT -7
    Loyola@ Siena MYCAP: Siena -16 ACTUAL: Siena -16.5
    Furman@Charleston MY CAP: Char -12 ACTUAL: Charl -10

This is how it goes. I can cap a game within 3 or so points about 80 - 85% of the time, and it is rare for something to be EXTREMELY different from my read. So, as it is, none of these games are going to be plays for me.

Then there was this.
    EasternIllinois@Murray State MY CAP: Murray -19 ACTUAL: Murray -11

There is nothing I don't love about this line. Take it from me, because I have studied it: Eastern Illinois is the worst 4-4 team in any conference in the country.

Eastern Illinois has collected 4 wins from the 4 bottom teams in the Ohio Valley, and they are a couple stray shots away from being a 1-7 conference team, which would better suit their actual skill level. Have a look at a few games played against common opponents.

EIllini beat Jacksonville State by 2 points at HOME.
    Murray beat Jville State by 24 points at HOME.

EIllini beat Tennessee State by 2 points on the ROAD.
    Murray beat Tennessee St by 21 points on the ROAD.

EIllini beat Tenn Tech by 4 points at HOME.
    Murray beat Tenn Tech by 22 points at HOME.

Oh, and Murray already defeated E. Illinios by 16 this year, and has won its last 7 conference games by more points than this spread. I do not see this as a letdown spot, as the truth is, this is by no means a last place team.

Bottom line: There has been no better conference road team in the country than Murray this season, and I think they will pound a team that they already outrebounded 39-31, and against whom they made it to the free throw line 31 times.

Murray State -11 very large.

Good luck.
    Last edited by TruckeeT; 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM.

GL Truck!
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Good Luck on your play but after all the reasons you said and showed that lean to Murray St, I would go with the other team because it seems like they want you to take Murray.

I am not playing this game either way but hope it comes thru and you keep handing out winners

Comment

Hey Gizmo. I know exactly what you mean, and I have even pointed out a couple games on this site that smelled very fishy to me in terms of an obvious play and opposite line movement (the Boise State v TCU game was one). But I don't think that there is enough money across the globe being wagered on this for the Vegas powers that be to give a damn who I bet on, and that can be the beauty of playing the small conferences.

If this line were to start moving in the wrong direction, I would get a little concerned, because that can only be driven by $$. This line has pretty much stayed the same, and I attribute that to a general lack of interest. Thanks, and good luck to you.

Comment

good luck tonite truckee...

Comment

Thanks, Lemmer. If Rafael Belliard and Jeff Blauser chime in, I'll know this is going to be a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by TruckeeT View Post
              Thanks, Lemmer. If Rafael Belliard and Jeff Blauser chime in, I'll know this is going to be a good night.
              you know i ran into lemke last year and told him about me using his name as my handle online and he was extremely flattered...

Comment

Good luck big guy

Comment

Isn't the game at E. Illinois?????

Does that change things at all for you?

Comment

good luck tonight ... i like it

Comment

It is, Kim. Thanks. That was just a quick type typo on my part. That doesn't change things at all. I did say later on that Murray State is one of the best in-conference road teams in the country this season, and that plays big in my willingness to lay the points even on the road. Thanks for the catch.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

GL with Murray St tonight T!!!
                          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was playing it anyway, just put a little more on it with your info. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X