My take on TCU @ Southern Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on TCU @ Southern Mississippi

I think this game's a beauty with all sorts of implications!
    If TCU wins they virtually assure themselves an unbeaten season (only my poor winless SMU Mustangs is left on their schedule). That could mean a BCS Bowl Bid and a chance for these Frogs to prove that they're princes.
    But, if Southern Miss triumphs they win the conference and get the Liberty Bowl bid, while horribly disappointed TCU gets a lower rung bowl. Many give the Frogs a buncha shit, but they just keep finding ways to win. The same way Ohio State has been the last couple of years. There's an art to winning. Those two teams have it. Purdue does not! Southern Miss has revenge on their side for a dreadful beating TCU gave them last year. That 37-7 pasting was the worst ever suffered in the long tenure of USM Head Coach, Jeff Bower, and USM under Bower is 22-4-1 Against The Spread when they win a revenge game Straight Up. Southern Miss is 39-8 Straight Up at home the last decade.
    For some reason, Southern Miss is favored here as Vegas feels they're actually just as good as the Frogs. But TCU tends to take disses like this and turn them into an "us-against-the-world" mentality. TCU rushes far better (4.65 yards per carry) than USM (3.78 ypc), and TCU defends the run far better, too (3.85 ypc allowed to USM’s 4.55 ypc allowed).
    I respect Southern Mississippi at home a lot, so I am only going with a small play on the TCU Horned Frogs.
Working...
X