Southern Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Miss

This is the writeup on tonight's game that I posted in antoher forum. Let me know what you guys think:

Southern Miss -2.5 (or better) for 5 units

Last night I got lucky and cashed on Marshall...it's always nice to have a little luck on your side, and I certainly hope to have a little more luck tonight. But, there are some compelling reasons to take Southern Miss tonight. First, let's not forget that this game is a conference championship game (in reality each team plays one more game, but their opponents are both horrible). Everyone wants to conentrate on the BCS implications, but I can guarantee you Southern Miss is focused on the conference championship. Motivation, therefore, is not an issue on either side of the ball.

In So Miss. last 4 games (all of which they've won), they've only given up around 8 points/game. If they control TCU's ground attack, it will be a long night for the TCU offense. TCU's defense is solid too, just not quite that solid. Advantage Southern Miss.

Their records aren't as different as it may appear. 10-0 versus 7-3. Both teams are undefeated in league play, though, and Southern Miss's 3 losses came against quality oppenents Cal, Nebraska, and Alabama. TCU's schedule doesn't have the strength that Southern Miss's schedule has. Quality of opponents during the year is always an issue, especially when trying to overcome adversityAdvantage Southern Miss

Home Field. Roberts Stadium is not an easy place to play. Never has been. We can expect a defensively dominated game (I would lean towards the under), with a few turnover opportunities throughout the game. You always want to be the home team in these games, in hopes that you get the benefit of the doubt on questionable calls. 37-7 still rings fresh in Southern Miss's head and they would love the opportunity to pay TCU back by ruining their perfect season and winning the conference title. The BCS will be pulling for SMU too!!

Good Luck

well, the emoticons and bold letters didn't transfer, so it's a little tougher to read, but it works.

good luck

Comment

I disagree

Way, way too many people on So. Miss. There is no choice but to take TCU if you have to have action on this game.

Comment

Too many people on Southern Miss? People who post their plays here or the consensus at ********* certainly does not constitute a consensus public play. The fact is, the line opened at 3 and is sitting at 2.5 right now, which means more money has come in on TCU!

Comment

I agree. Public money will be more split than usual, but more on TCU.

GL to all.

Comment

For what its worth, I probably won't even play the game, but to say S. Miss wants to end TCU'S perfect season is one thing;to do it is another matter.
            My only question/point is 1)I never bet against any unbeaten team;2) in light of slaughter administered last year by TCU to S. Miss., what makes anyone think this year will be different.
            Personally, I think that angle is overrated, and sometimes one team may be better than the other and all the motivation in the world won't do any good.
            I am not saying this is the case here, but I would like better logic why S. Miss is the play tonight.
            Last edited by savage1; 11-20-2003, 06:43 PM.

Comment

this place is unbelievable with the commentary. Better reasoning? both teams are undefeated in the conference, Southern Miss's losses came against tough teams (they have a much tougher schedule than TCU), it IS a different team...new QB, they're at home, and this game is for the conference title. They're defense is unbelievable and features two future NFL linebackers. And you're telling me I'm not giving you any reason??? gimme a break. Win or lose, how can you not admit i've got solid reasoning.

Comment

my point is, TCU....IMO.....is NOT better than Southern Miss. Their schedule was weak outside of the conference. Both teams are unbeaten in the conference. Pretty equal there, throw in the other factors and I like Southern Miss.

GL
                blood

Comment

I agree.. Also TCU has won most of there games by 3 or less. Last week Cinn. had more yards than TCU but lost by 30. Turnovers was huge for the horned frogs.
                  The play is
                  SO. MISS at home on Thursday night ESPN!

GL!
                  Pound the BOOK!

Comment

HEY YOUNGBLOOD...

YOU DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU PICK GAMES TO ANYONE!!!! JUST PICK THE GAMES YOU LIKE.

GOOD LUCK!! I'LL BE ON S. MISS, ALSO!!!
                    A $300 PICTURE TUBE WILL BLOW BEFORE A $.10 FUSE- MURPHY'S LAW

Comment

Good Luck

Youngblood lets do this :D
                      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

thanks guys. Good luck to everyone.

Bugs- I know I don't have to explain to everyone, but I like to give my reasoning for several reasons. It helps solidify or make me realize I need to back off and it possibly gives others another viewpoint. Just yesterday, at another forum, this guy tried to jump down my throat b/c I posted "UCF blows" as my analysis before picking Marshall...so you can't please everyone. Of course, I told that guy to shut the fuck up and get a life. I do a writeup about once every other week, or when I have time. Not too much.

good luck
                        bloo

Comment

bump

Comment

Youngblood

Nice Call. Looking forward to your imput with the forum lets all keep this going into the weekend :D

And congrats again
                            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

homer

I do most of my plays/work at another forum, and will probably continue to. But, whenever I have a play I feel strongly about I will share it here. I really appreciate the service pick section in here. It serves as a great process of elimination/aid for me.

gl

Comment

Working...
                              X