Been up most the night :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been up most the night :

And got bored so I thought I would share some things with you , I again had a decent night going 10-4 on the units and stand at 16-6 & 4-2 (sides&totals) in NCAA basketball .

Capping this is one heck of a challenge because thier are potentially 327 teams that could see a line nightly , but this also means the oddsmakers have to set lines and keep-up with them .

The biggest advantage a capper has on the odds is he can pick and chose his poison on the games " he " wants to play , the house has to play them " all " . The soft lines are always there in this sport , one just has to look for them .

Its simply to much for the oddsmakers to keep up with at this time of the year ( NFL , NHL , NBA , NCAA foots , and now throw this in the mix ) and they rely on power rankings at first and hope the public is wrong. Thats we we come in , its imperative to take advantage of the smaller conferences and lesser known teams.

Central Mich. , Weber St. , UNC-Wilmington , Wisconsin-Milwaukee , Siena , Austin Peay , SW Missouri St. , Chareston , Marquette , Wisconsin where by far and away the best bets last year going 183-82 ATS for 69%. Its no coincidence that 9 of those teams reside in mid-major or lower conferences with only Wisconsin being from a major. When you look at the higher profile teams you get a sick stomach with thier outputs , Duke @ 10-19-2 ATS ( 235TH) , Maryland @ 11-17 ATS (217TH) , Cincinnati @ 10-17 (232nd) , Georgetown @ 12-17-1 ( 202th). One can clearly see that spotlight teams are not always the place for your money.

College hoops is like a revolving door , the players come and go quicker than ever now . So what do we do about it ?

Unlike football when a team loses one player it means it loses 20% of it production and likely to affect the play of the entire team , so what I emphasize is leadership and experience. Finding teams that are chauk full of seniors and juniors is rare , but finding them with experience is not !

Returning a decent core of players I submit the following :

Gonzaga , Mich. St. , St Joes , Ill.-Chicago , are all deep with players who have seen many minutes and return strong . But has anyone paid attention to a MAC sleeper that could win-out thier conference { Bowling Green } who won just 13 games last year but have two fifth year seniors and probably the most under-rated center in the country Kevin Netter , I think these guys sneek up on the bookies this year like Central Michigan did last year ( 24-7 ATS ).

Staying away from teams with a new coaching staff early has always been a peeve of mine . These young players are easily influenced and yet easily confused also , so with a new staff comes new complexity also ! The Tar-Heels in Matt Dohertys first season where a 67% ATS ( play against ) his first year , and Bill Self in his opening at Ill. went on to lose 5 of the first 8 and go 17-17 ATS.

Aside from Kansas , N.C. , Illinois , UCLA , watch Pitt. , Iowa St. , Penn St. , Washington St. who all have new coaches and could prove to be good early fades.

What Mid-Majors should we be looking at ?

U. Ill. Chicago - early dates with Evansville & Illinois

Akron - early dates with Cincinnati , N. Carolina

Manhatten - Syracuse ?

Pepperdine - early dates with Maryland , Dayton , Utah , Okla. St.

Florida St. - thats right , they will kick some booty this year ( a pointspread monster last year )

More to follow ( pups need me )

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    Last edited by MemphisMafia; 11-20-2003, 08:26 AM.
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Don't stay up all night. We need that Crystal Ball working at its fullest power today :D :cool:
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

MM,

Thanks very much for your insight and valuable information.

GL

Comment

MM

that is some really good work MM, and VERY appreciated......

i agree with you on fsu, unfortuantely at the moment i am not qualified to discuss the mid-majors like i should be in a few weeks

take the man down!!!!!!!!!!!
        b

Comment

Good Info

Comment

MMM

Very impressive.

You should be a line maker at Vegas.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice research MMM.......quality information!!

Keep it up,

The Ham mer
              "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com

Comment

good

Comment

great info, nice work MMM....something we can all use and reference. should be an interesting season!
                  We Can Never See Past The Choices We Don't Understand.

Comment

Thanks Fellas :

You notice my poll has some of the teams I was reffering to earlier and would like to see a good turn-out there ?

G. Tech + under didnt hurt Mama a bit , 17-6 5-2 (sides&totals) so far with a play on Temple + under riding the nite game.

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
                    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Working...
                    X