Wrong team favored NCAA, sizable play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong team favored NCAA, sizable play

South Carolina is the more respected program, and the SEC will always garner more respect than the A-10, and that is the primary reason for South Carolina giving points to Richmond tonight.

There are 9 current players in the Atlantic 10 that have been named all-conference players in the past, and Richmond has 3 of them. Richmond's last 4 games were against Mississippi State, Missouri, Old Dominion, and Virginia Commonwealth, and the Spiders went 3-1 in that stretch.

South Carolina also has a number of experienced and talented players, and they have amassed a 6-2 non-conference record, but that is against a soft slate, and there are a few numbers that make me wary considering the quality of their opponents..... Get this: against a schedule that has included Alabama A&M, LaSalle, Georgia Southern, and Jacksonville, S.Carolina is getting out-rebounded on the season 44-40 per game. That is a very bad sign as they approach conference play, and I think it is a softness that 6'10 center Dan Geriot of Richmond can exploit.

South Carolina is a solid middle-of-the-pack SEC squad, but I think Richmond is a much better, deeper team than most know and than this line reflects.

Richmond +4.5 Good luck.

Good luck Looks good!

Comment

gl TT

Comment

GL with the Spiders T!!!
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I agree ... Good Luck T

Comment

sounds good. seems like parity is more and more present in college sports nowadays...Good Luck!!!
            Last edited by videoman; 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks. Good luck all.

Comment

Working...
              X