X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks For Saturday

College Football
    ------------------

Connecticut - A very, very, good running game and a very good chance of snow for this game, lead me to believe Connecticut is the play here. Laying a number like 7-7.5 always scares me though. Should i just tease it and root for the Huskies to Win ........

Rutgers - Another Big East game where both teams are already Bowl Eligible. I have a hard time thinking that W.V. will be able to get revved up again after last weeks Win, on a last second FG over Pittsburgh. They Won the "Backyard Brawl" and (Hopefully) drained their tanks in the process. Does a trip to Rutgers really have the Mountaineers excited? Rutgers (IMO) wants this one more than W.V. does and their defense is Ranked 5th in the Nation in Takeaways. I'll hope the road team lacks a little focus and Rutgers can feed on it.

Washington - Huskies are playing their Bowl game on Saturday. The Huskies have beaten USC & Arizona at home and they lost to Lsu by only 8. I don't trust Cal. on the road for some reason. Best will be missing again for Cal. and i think Locker goes out with a bang and a Win on Saturday. I don't expect him back next year and he could have a Big game to end his U-DUB career tomorrow.

USC - I don't like how Arizona looked last week in the 2nd half and i am worried about QB Foles (Probable) and RB Grigsby (Doubtful). Foles didn't look great in that game last week. I don't know but something has me a little worried about Arizona this week. Usc seemed to get a little swagger back last week and they have won 7 straight in this series by an average of 21 ppg (All by 7 or more). All that said, they have not been the dominating Usc team we are used to seeing. I'll tease them and just cheer for the Win!

Cincinnati - I love this Bearcats team. I really like Pike throwing to Gilyard and Guidugli. I know Stull is Solid but to me, Pike is a lot better. The Bearcats are not afraid of the road. They are (5-0) on the road, winning by 20.8 ppg and all by DD. I actually think they win this one by DD too!

Georgia Tech - Tech won the 1st meeting by 3 and i simply feel they can do it again. The Tech running game is very explosive and i think it will be the difference in this one.

3 Team Tease (Wisc,Fla,Tex) - This Hawaii team is simply not the same as the Colt Brennan years. The badgers will wear down Hawaii in the running game and it should be a win for Wisky. The distractions of the Island made me want to tease it. I think Florida Wins. I can't take Mcelroy over Tebow in a big game. I just can't. I think the Gator defense can play just as well as Bama's and i think the difference is on offense. I wouldn't be shocked by a late Bama fg for the win but i would be shocked if UF lost by more than 4. Taking +4.5 looks good to me. Texas -4? I do not see them coming this far and stumbling vs this Nebraska team. Sorry, i just don't.

New Hampshire - The Wildcats already beat Villanova once. It was Villanova's only loss of the season. Revenge? Sure, but this N.H. team is pretty good and i can't pass on +11.5 in a game that i think can go either way.

William & Mary - WM started the season with a DD win at Virginia. They are playing the #1 Seed here but they are the type of team that can go on the road and pull the upset. The #1 Seed, at home, and they are favored by only -2.5? There is a reason for that and i think WM gets the win and moves on.

Montana - #3 Seed Montana played the craziest game of the weekend last week. They were down 34-14 at the half and 48-27 after 3 qtrs in a 1st round game at home. They outscored S. Dakota 34-0 in the 4th qtr and won by 13. They scored 41 unanswered points to end the game. They are VERY Explosive to say the least. I have to think they learn from last week and come out firing early and often on Saturday.

"Touchdown" ( Units)

Rutgers -1 (-120)

Washington +7

Cincinnati -1 (-120)

Georgia Tech -1

(I-AA) New Hampshire +11.5

(I-AA) William & Mary +3 (-120)

(I-AA) Montana -8

"7 PT." Teaser = Connecticut (-.5) - Usc (Pk) ---> -130

"10 PT." Teaser = Wisconsin (-2.5) - Florida (+4.5) - Texas (-4) ---> -130

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by wayne1218; 12-04-2009, 10:08 PM.

Thanks for the writeups Wayne!! GL tomorrow, I really like Rutgers.

Comment

good luck tomorrow buddy
      dave
      jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

GL Wayne ill be @ the rutgers game rooting them on!!!!!!!

Comment

good luck wayne
          The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits.

Einstien

Comment

good luck wayne, and thanks
            jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Good luck Wayne

Comment

Good luck Wayne!

Comment

GL today Wayne and thanks for doing the writeups!

Comment

gl pal

Comment

GL Wayne!!!

Comment

College Basketball
                        --------------------

I'll post more CBB before 4 PM. I had a friend that had a dream about 3 weeks ago. One morning he asked me if Kentucky beat UNC last night. I said no, they didn't play. He said he had a very vivid dream that he felt lasted about 2 hours and he said he watched the game and Kentucky won by 16 or 18. I said geez that's weird. He asked if they were playing this year and at the time i didn't know. About 2 weeks ago i heard they were playing while watching a UNC game. I told him and it has been a little joke leading up to this game. I told him he HAS TO bet the game and go with the "Dream" he had. That dream is the basis for my bet here. I'm a big Unc fan but i love following feelings or dreams like that. LOL - Maybe the dream was all wrong but i'm playing along today with him and riding it out.

"Triple-Double" ( Units)

Kentucky -3

GOOD LUCK

Comment

my buddy dreamed that mack brown came to his bedside before that rose bowl with usc and assured him that texas was gonna cover...said he was really nice, too...

good luck wayne...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLemke View Post
                            my buddy dreamed that mack brown came to his bedside before that rose bowl with usc and assured him that texas was gonna cover...said he was really nice, too...

good luck wayne...
                            Seriously? If true, that's funny. If memory serves me correctly, they not only covered, they won that game with Vince Young right?

Comment

GL as always boss.
                              The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X