Big East Game of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big East Game of the Month

I am throwing this out early because I think the line may go up before the end of the week. Taking UCONN -8 over Rutgers.

Rutgers record looks good on paper (5-2) but they don't have one quality win. Their wins are against Army, Texas Southern, a horrible Maryland team, Florida International and Howard. The only 2 quality teams they played this year has been Pitt and Cincy both of whom beat Rutgers, Statistically these two teams are even on paper but UCONN has played a tougher schedule. UCONN is 20-7 ATS in their last 27 home games and are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games period.

As everyone knows UCONN's starting DB Jasper Howard was stabbed and killed a little over a week ago. On Saturday they brought his helmet and jersey on the field for their game against West Virginia. They really wanted to win that game for their teammate. They almost did so but W.VA. scored a last minute TD and pulled the game out in Morgantown. Yesterday the entire team flew to Howard's funeral in Miami. I read a few interviews where the players mentioned unfinished business. I expect the atmosphere at UCONN to be very emotional on Saturday just a few days after burying their friend. This game will have special meaning to the team as they still want to win one for their friend but that isn't the only reason I am taking UCONN. I think UCONN is a much better team than Rutgers and will win this by 2 TDs or more. Good luck if you play along.

Good Luck RM

Comment

Good luck to you today Ravenmaniac!!

Comment

GL raven. I like the thinking here.

Comment

They damn near got one in WV, Uconn will bring it and i like the call

GL
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

gl w/ U Conn....thanks for the early post