STRONG PLAYS (1-2)(-2.40 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (2-5)(-3.50 units)

OVERALL (4-7)(-2.90 units)

SEASON OVERALL

BEST BETS (3-2)(+2.40 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (4-6)(-5.20 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (6-11)(-6.10 units)

OVERALL (13-19)(-8.90 units)

My third straight losing week in college football. Very disappointing considering college football is one of my better sports to cap. I am not getting murdered and I feel I am close, but just getting some bad breaks. I don’t count ties on my record, but I had Minnesota +14 as a best bet this past week and they were tied heading into the fourth quarter and yet I got a push. I know it is not much, but that would have given me a winning week.

I still feel pretty good about college football and still have all the confidence I will get this all back. One thing I have noticed is that I suck on these weeknight games. Even though I only play them for one unit, I am losing them all. I know I am sort of forcing those plays. It is hard not to have a little action of those weeknight games, but I need to layoff those unless I really like them. Ok, enough rambling. Lets try this again.

I just got done talking about forcing plays on Thursday’s and Friday’s, so I am going to take a pass on both. If I was placing a bet on Thursday, it would be on Mississippi, but I am not so I know it is a winner. The Friday game sucks and I would not bet your money on that one.

Georgia Tech -2.5 vs. N Carolina (best bet)…………..I am not sure why, but I am not all that impressed with N Carolina. Georgia Tech is not as bad as it looked last Thursday vs. Miami. Most teams would have looked bad vs. Miami last week. Tech is better than most think, while Carolina is not as good as most think. Based on recent play Carolina should be favored. This lines tells you Tech is the winner. I love that I am getting it under three as well. Home field the difference in this one as Tech finds a way to win by at least three. You may wonder how I can make this a best bet and I say they may only win by three. Defenses will rule in this one and it will be close, but I love Georgia Tech to win. I will be sick if it is by 1 or 2 points though.

S Mississippi +13.5 vs. Kansas (best bet)…………………Two very solid teams who can put points on the board in a hurry. S Miss has the second longest winning streak going in the country and that will more than likely come to an end, but I will gladly take nearly two touchdowns with a team like this. Home field huge for Kansas, but it is not worth this many points. Should be a shootout going right down to the fourth quarter. Lets call it Kansas 41 S Mississippi 34

Arkansas +17.5 vs. Alabama (strong play)…………….I just feel this is too many points between SEC rivals. Many people though last week Arkansas had a shot at beating Georgia, but they did not. They did however score 41 points vs. them. I know they won’t score that many vs. Bama’s defense, but I also know Bama will not put up 52 points like Georgia did last week. Arkansas is not going to pull the upset by no means, but they should and will only lose by 10-14 points. Sometime Alabama plays at the level of their competition and that could happen again on Saturday.

C Florida +10 vs. E Carolina (strong play)……………I am starting to get the feeling that this is not the same E Carolina team that we are used to seeing. E Carolina has struggled scoring points this season consistently and even of the defensive side of the ball they don’t seem as good to me. This has the potential to be a defensive battle and if I am right about that, the ten points will certainly come into play. I think E Carolina will do enough to win this game, but not by much.

Miami-Florida -3 vs. Virginia Tech (regular play)…………….I really like this one, but am too afraid to make it a stronger play. Virginia Tech is one tough place to win. Virginia Tech reminds me a little of E Carolina this year. I just don’t think they are as good as made out to be. I really thought they were to start the season, but I have changed my mind. On the other hand the Hurricanes just might be for real. I like their QB…he makes things happen. Even though Miami has two impressive wins vs. top notch teams, this is a statement game on the road. I think they make that statement.

Iowa +10 vs. Penn State (regular play)………….My theme this week seems to be playing against teams who I think are over rated this season. Penn State was supposed to be lights out again this year, but in an age where you need to blow out lesser opponents to get some credit with the BCS, Penn State has failed to do that. Too much talk about revenge for PSU as well. Iowa always seems to match up well vs. Penn State and they do again this year. Don’t see a lot of points, so ten points is huge. Sure there is a chance of a Penn State blowout. That is why this is only a one unit regular play instead of larger.

New Mexico St +10 vs. New Mexico (regular play)……………This might be the sucker bet of the week. It won’t be the first time I have been called a sucker. A couple of lousy teams playing each other with too big of a point spread. Of course it is a rivalry too and it never hurts to grab the points in a game like this.

I think that is it for this week. There are some others that I have opinions on, but I would be forcing if I did play them. I know it would only be one unit plays, but you lose enough of them and it all adds up.

Maybe this is the week I get into the win column. Good Luck Everybody!!

good luck this weekend, mark! get that $, mayne!

Comment

GL this weekend mark. turn it around
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

gl mark....thanks for the early post

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

BOL Mark.
          Go Browns!!

Comment

Like Tech and Miami FLA, not saying I'm opposite on the others, but those 2 stand out.

Penn State its put up or shut up time, they got to come out and cover one, not saying I'm on em or anything, believe it or not I took Iowa last year ML against them not for a lot anything.

Comment

Get it going this week , good luck
              jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Working...
              X