Private Messages Turned Off & Reason Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages Turned Off & Reason Why

I believe Wayne pretty much summed it up in a thread below, but for those of you who didn't see the thread I will give you an explanation. I was going to post last night, but things came up.

There was a poster that originally came to this site and he had a forum of his own that was brand new. He was putting his URL in the posts and I edited them telling him that I don't allow spamming of other sites on here. He agreed that he wouldn't do this anymore. Shortly after that he offered to sell me the domain and the forum. I declined and offered him advice on where/how he could try to sell the site.

I just learned a few days ago that this same member as mentioned above opened a new forum. In return he has been Private Messaging people asking them to come post at his site. He never came to me and said anything. This has been going on for at least 2 weeks and up too almost 4 weeks.

Now this poster knows he shouldn't be doing this as I told him before that he couldn't spam, but this time he did it in a more fashionable way through Private Messaging.

As I told this poster that is wrong and I've worked hard to try too get this site at the point that its at. I told him that he needed to do marketing like i've did to get the traffic and not the way that he's been doing. My site is still not anywhere near where I want it to be and I have a lot of work to do in the future. I can tell you this no other forum would allow this type of behavior either.

This forum has a lot of good posters and can only be as good as the posters that is has & keeps.

B.C.

Very well said , and very true !

I know very well who you are reffering to and it seems that he may have not honored your requests , if thats true there is absolutely nothing I can do about it and it wasnt very professional and a lack of respect . You and I are only as good as the things around us and they in turn help us to succeed in our endevors . I am not offering any kind of apology because I have done nothing , nothing at all that warrants one and it seems as though there is a person who thinks I did . I cannot help that and nor will I try , you could have said something to the effect towards your work and how it affects it and being of sound mind I would have listened to your position and made one of my own .

I will not be a part of tearing down what anyman puts together , it is to hard to earn your spots in this world . But on the otherhand I will not put up with a man tearing up my site .... and you have one ! I can see your point and hope you see mine because calling people motherfuckers ( and other things ) really does you nothing but harm , and I tried to explain that . You can or have already have make a determination on this subject and since your decision is final ( your sanbox ) I will abide by it , but I still stand staunch and will post anything , anywhere , anytime I want .

You have my respect and will continue to do so , but call your misguided dogs off or I will show them how to handle a real dog and trust me I do know how .

Lastly , feel free to ask me any questions regarding this and I will be happy to say what little I know of it and contribute or fill in any lost or grey areas .

Thank You for your time , and the best of all in the future !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

MM,

I have no dogs as I speak for myself only.

******* tends to get overly angry at times and expresses himself in such a way. I believe that he would agree with this statement as well.

Comment

B.C. :

Sorry for the oversight of implying that anyone was " your " dog , that was a slight over estimation here and one I made in error .

Question here :

For what its worth I for one would like to see absolutely " NO " private mess. at all because contrary to public opinion I rarely if at all use it . So in order to help me control my uncontrolable urges to attack my attackers it seems that it would be perfect here.

And if I read a few posts right , it would also stop a ton of gossip and make them state thier cases in front of the world and thereby be judged on merrit alone ( not he said she said ) .

The feelings here are , if you really want to talk to someone all that bad you should give them your home phone number and then you will get what you really deserve

Anyway just my 2 cents on the matter , not that I control anything ( or want to ) I just think it would go a long way to putting this Peyton Place bullshit in its proper place in the end !

Sincerely ;

***MMM***

p.s. -- got any good picks ???

Comment

In Closing

The one thing your fears where all about is happening after all , losing some good posters because without them no one even needs this place or its merits will be severly diminished . I feel that if childern are allowed to carry on as such , they remain as such and does that serve your purpose ( I think not )

So you have choices facing you , either you stop allowing these things to happen " or " you eat the outcomes of such actions .

I cant tell you how much I have come to enjoy your forum and all that ( for the most part ) it stands for , but I will not allow some hotheaded youngin to talk or treat me in such a manner . Its not right or fair and should not be condoned or you Sir will suffer not him .

You need people that carry a top ten status in wagering catagories ....... not in anger management !

The choice is yours and your actions will dictate mine ?

Lets see just how much this really means to you because your about to show the world if it does or not .

Thank You for your time once again and I really feel this needs more attention here or I fear for your site .

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

HEY B.C...

I RESPECT THIS FORUM A LOT, BUT I HAVE GONE TO ANOTHER FORUM (*********) AND SAW THAT SOMEONE (DONT KNOW FOR A FACT IF IT WAS CONNECTED WITH THIS FORUM), BUT THEY HAVE GONE ON THERE AND SAID TO GO TO A REAL SITE AND POSTED AS BETTORSCHAT. NOW, I ASSUME THAT IT MAY NOT BE YOU, BUT SINCE YOU ARE SAYING THIS, I HOPE IT'S NOT! I VISIT THERE, BUT NEVER POST OVER THERE. MEANT TO BRING THIS UP EARLIER, BUT DIDNT THINK OF IT. SORRY IF I DIDNT MENTION SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD HAVE. IT HAPPENED ABOUT A MONTH AGO!

ALSO, I DISAGREE ABOUT THE P.M'S. THAT IS ONE THING THAT MAKES THIS PLACE SO GOOD. WE CAN TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS TO OTHERS WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF TAKING UP POSTING SPACE AND GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED. I, FOR ONE, HAVE HAD DECENT CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHER POSTERS ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS THAT I LIKE. I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO GET IT BACK. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS AND TIME, AND IF WE DONT LIKE IT, THEN WE CAN MOVE ON, BUT I WOULD ASK FOR SOME SORT OF ALTERNATIVE HERE!
            Last edited by BUGS; 11-13-2003, 06:43 AM.
            A $300 PICTURE TUBE WILL BLOW BEFORE A $.10 FUSE- MURPHY'S LAW

Comment

BUGS,

No, i've never did anything like what you're mentioning at *********. I don't condone doing things like that. As for the PM's I have no choice at this time, but to leave them turned off as I explained why above.

MM,

As I stated before I believe the poster that you're mentioning gets a little over excited and lets their comments get out of hand at times. They should simmer down a bit then make a post. If you've noticed the posts have been locked down to prevent any more comments so we can move on. If you feel that you need to e-mail me for further conversation feel free to do so at [email protected]

Comment

bc

Hi B.C. i saw that post on ********* too. but beee here for about a year now and have enjoyed it indeed. I think the post went something like Go to a real forum go to bettorschat or something like that and it was posted by bettorschat. I was thinking that was very out character of you and I never seen you post anything close to something like that. It was very fishing and you could tell something was out of place. Been a member with bettorschat for about a year now and have nothing but enjoyed it and i think you build a very good and stable site here and i looked toward to many more days at bettorschat.

have a good one and good luck everyone.

Comment

Diamdave,

Thanks for the comments

Comment

Just for your info, BC, (you may already have considered this), but I think at one of the other sites I visit, if you want to contact one of the posters privately, you need to get the email address of the other party from the moderator. The one you want to email needs to give his permission to the moderator to give out his email address. Works pretty smoothly, I think. Not sure how much extra work it is, or often it happens.

Comment

The SAGA Continues:

Just received another e-mail from this person stating that if I don't retract my statement about him offering to sell me his old site that he would send me some government papers. Whatever that means I'm not sure. I guess he's saying he's going to sue me. Plus he mentioned slandering me here in Little Rock area among other things.

As I told him in my e-mail from my recollection he offered to sell me the site. This is one sick puppy is all I can say.

Anyone that has his First Name, Last Name, City, Address, Etc., will receive a reward from me!!

Reason for wanting the above is that if he continues to threaten me I will be filing a lawsuit against him and I don't want to have too pay a Private Investigator to get his info.
                      Last edited by BettorsChat; 11-20-2003, 08:13 PM.

Comment

BC

Didn't see your E-mail but I saw this post and sent you one. We were both on the same page it looks like. I will do the best I can with what I got. Let me know.

Mick.

Comment

Working...
                        X