Why the Eagles will smoke the Pats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Eagles will smoke the Pats

Agreed that pre-season NFL is a sign of a problem, so I will cop to having a problem, and then explain why I have pounded this play.

1. IF Tom Brady plays, it will be to wave to the crowds, prove that his injury is healed, throw 3-4 meaningless passes, and watch the final 3.5 quarters in a baseball cap.

2. The Patriots season was destroyed by injuries last year, so I don't see Belichick giving significant playing time to almost any of his talent, particularly not to the fragile Maroney or Fred Taylor.

3. The Patriots drafted FIVE players in the second round of the draft, and all are going to be given ample playing time to test their mettle.

4. Bill Belichick came out and said that after the 24-3 preseason loss to Philly last year the Pats "really want this one." Bill Belichick operates in two ways -- 1. he says nothing at all or 2. he lies. Billy doesn't care about Philly.

5. Burgess and Seymour are the biggest guns on the Pat D, but neither has been in camp for more than a week. There are few squads with as many jobs locked up at key positions than the Pats, and I think this is going to be a game of figuring out the backup roles on this team.

While none of these has anything to do with the Eagles, I don't think it much matters. New England is a squad with starting spots locked up offensively, injuries that have derailed "dynasty" status, and a history (0-4 in 2008) of treating Ws in preseason as pointless. When Belichick came out and said they wanted this pretty bad, I pounded it.

Good luck.

McNabb is going to wave to the crowd and leave too. Who comes in after him? Feeley for 3 1/2 qtrs?

After Brady & Mcnabb leave, it is scrub nation on both sides at qb for 3 1/2 qtrs and that just scares the hell out of me.

GL

Comment

I understand your point, Wayne, and agree that the flurry of non-talent in every preseason game for every team should be a distractor, but I actually like the fact that Feeley will probably get 3 full quarters with the Kolb injury. NE will split the final 3 quarters between two guys with no NFL experience whatsoever, and I think that many offensive skill players for Philly will see more playing time than their Pat counterparts.

Comment

I took Philly and under 33---Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
          I took Philly and under 33---Good luck!
          What a dick I am! Nice calls on my part!

Comment

Working...
          X