Bucks trade Richard Jefferson to Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks trade Richard Jefferson to Spurs

The Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.
    The move gives San Antonio a dangerous scorer at small forward, without having to give up any significant rotation players. The Bucks save approximately $15 million next season, since Bowen, Oberto and Thomas are all in the last year of their contracts. They also save $3 million this season, which could help them to re-sign restricted FAs Ramon Sessions and/or Charlie Villanueva

The Bucks suck and they always over pay for inferior talent

Comment

Great trade for both teams.

San Antonio gets a big scorer to go with Parker and Ginobili and Milwaukee gets to re-sign Sessions who I think is a budding star. Bowen will be short term help for the Bucks while they get to re-sign a great player and the Spurs make a MAJOR upgrade and pay little to do it

Comment

I see this as a GREAT move by the Spurs and one that can make them the clear favorites in the West now. On the other side, i don't see it as a good move for Milwaukee at all. Right when i think they are getting a good nucleus together, they go trade it away and start over again. It is unreal and no Lebron or Wade is going to Milwaukee anyway so how great will that cap space really be.

This is a rape job by the Spurs!!!

Comment

Wayne,

Have you watched much of Sessions?

He's really good and is a free agent right now. The Bucks are at the luxury tax cap and won't go over it. The only way to re-sign Sessions (who will prbably be offered $6 or 7 million a year) was to dump Jefferson.

I agree with you this is a spectacular move for the Spurs but i still think it's wise for the Bucks (who aren't a title contender right now anyway).

Comment

The Bucks drafted Joe Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              Wayne,

Have you watched much of Sessions?

He's really good and is a free agent right now. The Bucks are at the luxury tax cap and won't go over it. The only way to re-sign Sessions (who will prbably be offered $6 or 7 million a year) was to dump Jefferson.

I agree with you this is a spectacular move for the Spurs but i still think it's wise for the Bucks (who aren't a title contender right now anyway).

Yes Gris, I followed Sessions very closely last year because i had him on my fantasy team. He is going to be a good one but so what. You look at all these teams in the league with multiple stars and they can't keep Sessions without trading one of their established and best players? Doesn't make sense and there had to be other contracts that could have gone before his. If i had a choice between Sessions and Jefferson, i still would choose Jefferson i think. You need to keep those guys together, not trade them away. Just stupid, that's what the Bucks are.

Great, they sign Sessions and then when he becomes great they will trade him too. They are clueless in Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                The Bucks drafted Joe Alexander.

Yes, and he didn't knock anyone's socks off last year!

I swear i could put a better team together than about 25 of these GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                  Yes Gris, I followed Sessions very closely last year because i had him on my fantasy team. He is going to be a good one but so what. You look at all these teams in the league with multiple stars and they can't keep Sessions without trading one of their established and best players? Doesn't make sense and there had to be other contracts that could have gone before his. If i had a choice between Sessions and Jefferson, i still would choose Jefferson i think. You need to keep those guys together, not trade them away. Just stupid, that's what the Bucks are.

Great, they sign Sessions and then when he becomes great they will trade him too. They are clueless in Milwaukee!
                  One of the Bucks' problems is they are still paying Dan Gadzuric $7 million a year because of a terrible signing by a previous g-m. Guys like him are untradeable. That forces you to get rid of guys who are in demand.

Besides, Michael redd and Jefferson never meshed and Jefferson didn't do much until Redd was hurt. As for the Spurs, if they can now add a big man to help Duncan, they may be better than the lakers

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Besides, Michael redd and Jefferson never meshed and Jefferson didn't do much until Redd was hurt. As for the Spurs, if they can now add a big man to help Duncan, they may be better than the lakers

They never meshed because they never really got a good chance to play together. Redd seemed to always be hurt. I think they needed to get 1 full season with them together before blowing it up.

Comment

Terrible move by the SPURS...Screw the SPURS...

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
                        Terrible move by the SPURS...Screw the SPURS...
                        But that comes from a Rockets fan and by Terrible Move I mean god damn Spurs did it again and are going to make it that much harder for the Rockets to overtake...Spurs front office is very bright and they always make the right trades to better themselves...

Only mistake ive seen from Spurs is them giving us Luis Scola for practically nothing...still not sure how they let us get over on them with that trade...

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
                          But that comes from a Rockets fan and by Terrible Move I mean god damn Spurs did it again and are going to make it that much harder for the Rockets to overtake...Spurs front office is very bright and they always make the right trades to better themselves...

Only mistake ive seen from Spurs is them giving us Luis Scola for practically nothing...still not sure how they let us get over on them with that trade...

If Manu, Parker and Duncan are all rested and healthy to start the season (and they should be), LOOK THA FUCK OUT!!!

Jefferson is exactly what the Spurs need and i would move them to the #1 spot in the West going in to 2009.

Comment

Manu,Duncan,Parker,Jefferson. I see the Spurs back in the WCF.
                            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Yes, and he didn't knock anyone's socks off last year!

I swear i could put a better team together than about 25 of these GM's.

Scott Skiles never played the kid. I know Joe since my son played some with him. The kid could break out in an open style offense. He runs the florr, dunks like crazy, hope he gets traded to a team that realize his huge upside.
                              NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
                              X