Clear All

• UFC 100: Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar

7/11/09

Opinions or Thoughts?
    Frank Mir (+202)
    53.33%
    Brock Lesnar (-226)
    46.67%

I am very intrigued by this fight, first fight Brock took him down NO problem, then got caught in a submission, still undecided but leaning towards Lesnar.

Comment

I see Brock mauling him like a bear.
      MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

In my opinion brock should win because he has all the skills to take out mir easily.problem is brock does not really have alot of cage time and someone with mir's expierence has a huge advantage.just like the last fight brock controlled and took him down with ease but did brock learn enough in like 35 more minutes of cage time to not make that mistake again?????? Not sure but will take the +226 on mir thinking he might get beat up but will find a way to make him tap
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I like Brock but I can not take him in this fight. Al it takes is 1 little mistake in this 25 minute fight and Mir will tap Lesnar. I think brock may batter him up pretty good but Mir bjj is so good he could tap Brock again.
          2010: 23-12 +37.8
          2011: 4-0 + 20
          09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

after reading this I'll take a chance with the dog Mir!
            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

This UFC pay perview coming up UFC 100 should be outstanding. Major stars up and down the card, it will be tough to top Sanchez/Guida fight from lastnight though!

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
                This UFC pay perview coming up UFC 100 should be outstanding. Major stars up and down the card, it will be tough to top Sanchez/Guida fight from lastnight though!

that was in my opinion fight of the year so i dont think nothing will get close to that fight
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I'm taking Brock here. I love Mir and think the jiu-jitsu is impressive but I just cant see Brock making that same mistake of over rushing. I think Mir is going into this thinking this is the same fighter he battled last time and it just plain isnt. Also...anyone who thought Mir looked good against Nogueira should look at that fight again. Nogueira looked TERRIBLE.

PK
                  No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Still undecided on this one, leaning towards Lesnar. Just watched the UFC 100 preview, and 1 thing I got out of it is these 2 guys REALLY dont like each other, makes fights that much more intense when they hate each other

Comment

Brock will be ready and will roll ! Alex is a quite town,and he's been training with the best jui-jitzu guys he flew in...staying away from the public and deadly focused!
                      9-4 = +5.85

Comment

Would be funny as hell if brock wins by submission and makes mir tap
                        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                        0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                          Would be funny as hell if brock wins by submission and makes mir tap
                          IMO that would be quite poetic. I dont think Brock has that type of game unfortunately. Most wrestlers dont. They get into dominant positions and then pound their opponents or at least hold their opponent in an advantageous spot where they have to expend large amounts of energy to stop from taking large amounts of damage. The bad thing for wrestlers is that unless they are specifically training for MMA they are usually terrible on their back and usually get beat up badly if their opp gets dominant positions. This is why I see a stand-up fight. I dont think Mir will especially want to get on top because he probably wont be able to hold Brock down anyway with his PCP type animal strength. And if he misses Brock is going to do some serious snub damage. Trying to gain dominant position has some great rewards but also holds some devastating punishment. Just ask Sobral

After watching the preview for the fight both fighters think they have an advantage standing. I also think Mir knows he has a significant advantage on the ground even in guard. However he's also smart enough to know that the best way for him to win is to get the fight to the ground however Brock's power is going to stop him from trying to take him there via normal takedown. The best way for Mir to get the fight down on the mat will be to pull guard instead of trying for takedowns. This will win him points in control though it will dock him for pushing the pace and aggressiveness. If he plays an active guard though he should be able to keep long stretches of the fight where he has the most advantage. He's not gonna care about losing points though since everyone knows that Brock will win pretty much any fight that goes to decision due to style differences and action pacing.
                          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Working...
                          X