CWS: Arizona State v North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWS: Arizona State v North Carolina

My book has N.C. +150 which really surprised me since these 2 teams are very evenly matched as evidenced by their national ranking Carolina 4th and ASU 5th. Their game on Sunday was a classic. Although, ASU won in extra innings, I thought Carolina was the better team that day and should have won. I honestly thought this would be a pick'em game or even Carolina a slight favorite. Carolina has been hitting the ball lately. They got 23 hits against So. Miss. on Tuesday and have had 10 or more hits in 12 of their last 13 games. One final reason I like Carolina today was ASU's loss on Tuesday. Blowing a 6-0 lead with one of the 2 best college pitchers (Leake) on the mound was a devastating loss. After the 4th inning when Texas tied the game ASU didn't come close to scoring. They looked like dead men walking. They could have played 25 innings and I doubt if ASU would have scored. I played some college baseball many years ago and that kind of loss in that setting isn't something you get over too quickly. I think there will be a carry over effect and if Carolina gets up early I wouldn't be surprised at a Carolina blowout. I like Carolina in this game.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this game? I would love to hear what others have to say.

Gotta lean to N.C. Fox much sharper than Murphy, and a hangover is always possible. When Murphy sat on his ass against Texas and watched a 6-0 lead evaporate and NEVER made one trip to the mound during it , hell not even the pitching coach came out for a visit ! That was all I needed to see ! Its NC for me.

Comment

Working...
    X