thank you for posting joe. Please get well soon jimmy
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
      Just spoke with Jimmy ..

He said he went through hell yesterday with that surgery ... a half hour surgery took 2 and half hours ... I really do not want to get into details ... If he wants to explain later he will ... But he is ok and still in the hospital ... should be released to go home shortly today ...
      Glad to hear Joe thanks for the update....good to hear it went successfully....
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Guys, I once again want to thank you all for your support and prayers. It means so much to me. I thought of all of you guys while in surgery. It helped me stay positive in a very bad situation.

While waiting for surgery, they game me some Versed to relax me. Instead of giving it in my IV, they gave it to me in my hip. After 30 minutes, I felt nothing. No buzz, no dizziness, and I was for sure not relaxed. They then gave me some Morphine. Again, the shot was given in my hip and not in my IV. This to didn’t even faze me.

Once in surgery, they moved me to a table that way too small for me. I was put flat on my back, which was torture for my current back condition. My arms were strapped down to my side, which was also very uncomfortable for me.

The surgery started and I was wide-awake. The anesthesiologist started giving me small amounts of anesthesia. Believe me, whatever he was giving me was not enough.

After about 40 minutes, the surgeon told me that he was unable to get the pacemaker in through the first incision. He began a 2nd incision and completed the surgery about 2 hours later. I was awake and felt everything for all but the last 30 minutes or so.

When I woke up I was in so much pain I was in tears. The incisions, my right shoulder, my back, and my hips were killing me.

In recovery, I asked several times if I could sit up in bed. I just needed to get off of my back. The nurse said she would get me up, but never did. I was about to go crazy cause I was hurting so bad. They brought me back to my pre-op room where I was told I could sit in a chair. Once there, all 3 nurses left my room and left me lying in bed. Well, I simply couldn’t take it anymore. I started getting out of the bed just so I could sit on the side of the bed. A nurse came back in and helped me sit up. I was so relieved when I sat up I started crying again. It was unreal.

I finally got in my room where I was able to somewhat relax. They gave me 2 more pain shots that didn’t work cause once again they gave it to me in the hip and not my IV. It wasn’t until 10:00 pm that I got my first pain shot in my IV. It FINALLY WORKED!!!!

I didn’t sleep real well, but who does in a hospital? I was released at about 10:30 am. Once home, I was all good. I just had, and still have a bit of pain near my incisions.

Once again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Without them, I would not have made it through this. God Bless you all.
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

glad to see you're home and on the road to recovery....shit jimmy you shoulda requested the main line sooner so the damn drugs would of worked better.
          Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

omg jimmy, that sounds AWFUL. I'm so glad you feel better buddy. Please take care!

Comment

Sorry to hear they didn't treat you too well. But on the road to recovery is great to hear. Surgeries, no matter how big or small are always tough to deal with, good that you are back home and w/ family. Get well.
              "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by lsufan View Post
                guys, i once again want to thank you all for your support and prayers. It means so much to me. I thought of all of you guys while in surgery. It helped me stay positive in a very bad situation.

While waiting for surgery, they game me some versed to relax me. Instead of giving it in my iv, they gave it to me in my hip. After 30 minutes, i felt nothing. No buzz, no dizziness, and i was for sure not relaxed. They then gave me some morphine. Again, the shot was given in my hip and not in my iv. This to didn’t even faze me.

Once in surgery, they moved me to a table that way too small for me. I was put flat on my back, which was torture for my current back condition. My arms were strapped down to my side, which was also very uncomfortable for me.

The surgery started and i was wide-awake. The anesthesiologist started giving me small amounts of anesthesia. Believe me, whatever he was giving me was not enough.

After about 40 minutes, the surgeon told me that he was unable to get the pacemaker in through the first incision. He began a 2nd incision and completed the surgery about 2 hours later. I was awake and felt everything for all but the last 30 minutes or so.

When i woke up i was in so much pain i was in tears. The incisions, my right shoulder, my back, and my hips were killing me.

In recovery, i asked several times if i could sit up in bed. I just needed to get off of my back. The nurse said she would get me up, but never did. I was about to go crazy cause i was hurting so bad. They brought me back to my pre-op room where i was told i could sit in a chair. Once there, all 3 nurses left my room and left me lying in bed. Well, i simply couldn’t take it anymore. I started getting out of the bed just so i could sit on the side of the bed. A nurse came back in and helped me sit up. I was so relieved when i sat up i started crying again. It was unreal.

I finally got in my room where i was able to somewhat relax. They gave me 2 more pain shots that didn’t work cause once again they gave it to me in the hip and not my iv. It wasn’t until 10:00 pm that i got my first pain shot in my iv. It finally worked!!!!

I didn’t sleep real well, but who does in a hospital? I was released at about 10:30 am. Once home, i was all good. I just had, and still have a bit of pain near my incisions.

Once again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Without them, i would not have made it through this. God bless you all.
                damn jimmy,geez,way to hang in there bro,all our prayers are with you my friend !!
                DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

you're in all of our thoughts and prayers jimmy. hope everything turns out well.

Comment

Jimmy, you are one bad ass mother fucker!! The shit you went through no person should go through!! That's why we all respect you my friend! Top notch!!

Comment

Jimmy ... I see you on-line ... how you feeling pal???

Comment

Jimmy ... I see you on-line ... how you feeling pal???
                        Hey Spark,

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, but I didn't stay online for long.

I'm feeling a bit better. The bruising has started around the incision area and it's still a bit sore. I also have to limit my range of motion to avoid pain. But it is getting better.

Thanks for asking pal.
                        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan View Post
                          Hey Spark,

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, but I didn't stay online for long.

I'm feeling a bit better. The bruising has started around the incision area and it's still a bit sore. I also have to limit my range of motion to avoid pain. But it is getting better.

Thanks for asking pal.
                          Glad to hear you are getting better buddy. Hopefully you will fully recover soon.

Comment

Thinking of you all the time Jimmy ...

Comment

Thinking of you all the time Jimmy ...
                              yep pappi,we all are,hang tough jimmy !!!
                              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Get well buddy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X