Saturday NCAA Football - November 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday NCAA Football - November 8th

These are my plays for Saturday.............

5 STAR: Kansas State (-17.5) OVER IOWA STATE

I look for the blow-out here. Kansas State has won 7 of the last 9 meetings between these two teams by at least 18 points and have won the last three meetings by margins of 51, 39 and 46 points. Iowa State is terrible, they are 0-6 against the spread as an underdog this season and 1-6 against the spread as an underdog of 10.5 to 21 points over the last 3 seasons. K-State should have a field day against the 103rd ranked defense of Iowa State that allows 33 points per game. The Cyclones are 1-6 against the spread versus high powered offensive teams that are scoring 37 or more points per game over the last 3 seasons, while K-State is 5-1 against the spread versus bad defensive teams who are allowing 31 or more points per game over the last 3 seasons. This one should get ugly, lay the wood here!

3 STAR: RICE (+3) OVER Tulsa

Tulsa snapped their 17 game road losing streak last week against UTEP, but I don't see them winning back to back road games, espically here against a Rice team that is now 14-1-1 against the spread in thier last 16 home games as an underdog or pick. The Owls have been playing very well the last two weeks since the return of senior quarterback Kyle Herm. Herm who missed most of five games after breaking two ribs in a season-opening loss to Houston, had 103 yards on 19 carries in his first start back against Fresno State on two weeks ago as the Owls nearly pulled off a major upset before dropping a 31-28 decision. Last week Herm accounted for 331 yards in total offense and four touchdowns as the Owls upset Nevada in a wild shootout, 52-42, at Rice Stadium. Tulsa is only 1-6 against the spread after a double digit road win since 1992, 4-12 against the spread after a playing a game where 70 total points or more were scored since 1992 and 1-7 against the spread in road games when the line is +3 to -3 since 1992. Rice is fourth in the nation in rushing offense, averaging 272 yards per game and Tulsa is only 4-13 against the spread versus good rushing teams that are averaging 200 or more rushing yards per game since 1992. Also, home underdogs that out rush their opponents are over 90% against the spread. Take the Owls here!

3 STAR: OKLAHOMA STATE (+3) OVER Texas

I love the Cowboys as a home underdog here against the Horns. Texas played outstanding last week at home and totally dominated Nebraska, while the Cowboys were dismantled last week by the Sooners, but I look for State to come away with the win here. The Cowboys potent offense was shutdown last week by OU, but they should get back to their scoring ways against an inconsistant Longhorn defense. Oklahoma State is 11-3 against the spread after gaining 225 or less total yards in their previous game since 1992 and Texas is only 1-6 against the spread versus high powered offensive teams that are scoring 37 or more points per game over the last 3 seasons. The Longhorns are only 1-6 against the spread after a home win against a conference rival over the last 3 seasons and road favorites that have covered the spread in 5 or 6 out of their last 7 games, that have a winning record on the season playing another team with a winning record are only 18-43 against the spread since 1992. I'm not worried about the mental state of the Cowboys after being hammered by the Sooners last week either, they are 9-1 against the spread in home games off a road blowout loss by 28 points or more since 1992. Take the Cowboys here!

3 STAR: Texas Tech (-27) OVER BAYLOR

The Red Raiders offense has not been firing on all cylinders the past two weeks as they have turned the ball over eleven times in the past two games. I look for them to get back on track this week against the 105th ranked scoring defense of Baylor that is allowing an average of 35 points per game. The Red Raiders average 43 points per game, and Baylor is only 1-31 against the spread in their last 32 games when they allow 35 or more points. Texas Tech is 30-6 against the spread in their last 36 conference road wins and Baylor is only 2-19 against the spread in their last 21 home conference games. Texas Tech is 9-2 against the spread in their last 11 meetings with Baylor and the Raiders have beaten Baylor by margins of 44 and 51 points the last two seasons while scoring over 60 points in both of those games, I see no reason why this season will be any different. Lay the wood here!

2003 NCAA FOOTBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 6-7 (-8.5 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 19-10 (+24.0 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 12-7 (+8.6 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 10-6 (+3.4 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 47-30 (+27.5 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $2750.00

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

GL this weekend, John.

Comment

Adding these two plays.........

2 STAR: PITTSBURGH (+4.5) OVER Virginia Tech

Too many points to lay on the road here against a tough Pittsburgh team. Tech is coming off of a big win over Miami last week, but I am not convinced that they are as good as they looked last week, and the Hokies are 8-20 against the spread after a home win against a conference rival since 1992. The Panthers have beaten the Hokies straight up the past two seasons and they are 6-4 against the spread against the Hokies the last ten meetings. Also, home underdogs after a double digit road win, in November games are 51-24 against the spread since 1992. Take the points with the Panthers!

2 STAR: Michigan State (+7) OVER OHIO STATE

I have to take the points here with the Spartans, as I look for them to bounce back from a disappointing effort last week against Michigan. The Spartans are 5-1 against the spread after playing Michigan and they have covered seven straight visits to Columbus. Ohio State has been terrible against the spread this season and underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points after a loss against a conference rival, with a winning record on the season when playing another winning team are 66-26 against the spread over the last 5 seasons. Look for a strong effort by Michigan State here, take the points.

Good luck to everyone,

John
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

pitt

john been following you for long time and thanks for all posts. but you know feist is pitt goy? hate to see you on same side

Comment

rthomas,

I did not know that, but every dog has his day, maybe he is due!!

Good luck,
            John
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

Working...
            X