Champions League Final Best Bet and Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League Final Best Bet and Thoughts

As you guys already know this major showdown between arguably the 2 greatest soccer players in the world takes place tomorrow in Rome. I am a bit torn on this game and am looking for some advice, hence the reason why I am posting a day in advance. Here are the current lines that I show

Money Line
    Manchester +155
    Barcelona +165

Over/Under
    +2.5 +110
    -2.5 -140

Goal Line
    Manchester PK-110
    Barcelona PK-120

If you ask me, there is no doubt in my opinion that Manchester is the better team overall between the two. It was evident that Barcelona struggled vs Chelseas aggressive play and I fully expect them to have the same issues vs the top English side. Along with that Barcelona is very susceptible defensively and I imagine Manchester should get numerous amounts of quality opportunities to counter attack. My initial analysis of this game was that Manchester would have little if any problems handling Barcelona, however, after seeing how close this line is (virtually a pickem in every which way possible) has me second guessing my analysis. I find it very strange that I for one could be so very confident in Manchester while the experts feel completely different.

I am definitely looking forward to the clash of these two titans and will definitely be laying some $$$ on it one way or another, however, I can't decide which way to go. As confident as I am in Manchester winning this game, I honestly might put my $$$ on Barcelona just because the experts see it differently. I would feel better betting Manchester at -150 than at +155 if that makes any sense. Anyways, just looking to see how some of you guys see this game going and what your thoughts are on what the best bet is for this game.
    Last edited by NoCashMcgraff; 05-26-2009, 07:52 PM.

Should be a great game, I lean to Barcelona now, and we'll probably have my money on them.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

As they say on ESPN2.......Everything Ronaldo touches turns to gold!!!

I love ManU on the goal line -110......even if it goes to extra time it is a winner.

The +155 and +165 only cash if they win in regualtion. Call it 2-0 or 2-1 Man U.....maybe even PK's.

Comment

If you are just throwing a bet down for fun. It should be on the goal lines. Because like aplous said, ML only cashes in regulation.

So if the game goes to overtime or PKs, you'll be watching he most exciting part of the game with no money on it, because your bet's already a push. I like Barca on the goal line either way.

Comment

I like the thoughts that you provided on this game. I'm an avid soccer fan, lifelong player, etc and as a manchester united die hard, this is a dream match up.

I have to agree that Man U is the better overall team and def plays better team defense as well as has a better back four. Vidic and Ferdinand (assuming there are no suspensions) are very solid in the middle of the D. However, Barce is the best attacking team in the world in my mind. They are going to get chances no doubt. In fact, if this weren't a finals and you didn't have to factor that nerve, walking on egg shells, afraid to make a mistake element, I would be tempted to take the over. Also, it appears that Man U will play a patient, counter attack game to try and not allow Barce to get out in the open (similar to how Chelsea played Barce)...

This is such a tough game to wager, but if your book offers it, I am taking the draw thru 90 min and a a play on Barce at PK, meaning if the game ties after regulation, you win the draw play and push the pk. My rationale is basically a Man U win in regulation is the only way I lose. Sure they are my team, but no team has ever repeated as Champion League Winners and I just don't see it (as much as I would like it to be)

1 Draw Man U/Barce +220
          1 Barce PK -108 (just to cover the above, hopefully won't matter)

Ideally, I would love to see the game end tied after regulation and watch Man U claim the title in overtime or PK's...good luck everyone and hopefully you can grab a beer and watch it tomorrow

Comment

Ok guys, after some more digging into this game, I have decided to add a play and change some things around a bit. Barcelona is missing 3 first string defenders (out of 4) for this game and Carles Puyol, the 4th, has struggled somewhat of late. Additionally, two of Barce's 3 scorers (Eto and Henry) are not exactly in the best shape.....Don't get me wrong they are still going to be extremely dangerous, but Man U is sporting a full side today, has the more experienced, proven manager and will play a very discplined style of English soccer that has given Barce trouble in the past.

At first, I just didn't think Man U would be able to pull the back to back, but I think Ole Sir Alex will is determined to go out a legend (not that he isn't already), but this would cement his legacy....I see an open, exciting game and thus I'm adding the over and taking Man U at a Pk as well as playing the regulation draw....my lines are from the greek.com and I would really like to get a line on team to win the title, but they aren't offering it....if your book offers this line, grab so your play is good no matter if they win in regulation, extra time or penalty kicks

Final Plays:
            1 Man U PK (-118)
            1 Over 2.5 (+122)
            1 Draw +220

I Realize that I cannot win both of these plays (Man U and Draw) but one basically covers the other....

Sorry to flop on my plays but had to do more research

Comment

Originally posted by jaunblaze6 View Post
              Ok guys, after some more digging into this game, I have decided to add a play and change some things around a bit. Barcelona is missing 3 first string defenders (out of 4) for this game and Carles Puyol, the 4th, has struggled somewhat of late. Additionally, two of Barce's 3 scorers (Eto and Henry) are not exactly in the best shape.....Don't get me wrong they are still going to be extremely dangerous, but Man U is sporting a full side today, has the more experienced, proven manager and will play a very discplined style of English soccer that has given Barce trouble in the past.

At first, I just didn't think Man U would be able to pull the back to back, but I think Ole Sir Alex will is determined to go out a legend (not that he isn't already), but this would cement his legacy....I see an open, exciting game and thus I'm adding the over and taking Man U at a Pk as well as playing the regulation draw....my lines are from the greek.com and I would really like to get a line on team to win the title, but they aren't offering it....if your book offers this line, grab so your play is good no matter if they win in regulation, extra time or penalty kicks

Final Plays:
              1 Man U PK (-118)
              1 Over 2.5 (+122)
              1 Draw +220

I Realize that I cannot win both of these plays (Man U and Draw) but one basically covers the other....

Sorry to flop on my plays but had to do more research
              I really like the play on the over, Barca's D is weak as it is, and missing Alves, Abidal, and Marques isn't going to do any help. I do believe that Manchester's defense is better, however, I do not believe it is as strong as other believe. Over the course of the last 6 weeks or so Manchester has looked very shaky at times, especially in the back, having to rely on their offensive prowess to save them multiple times. I see a high scoring affair but am unable to decide who is going to lift the cup.

As of right now my only bet is over 2.5 goals at +110 for 2 Units. I still have a bit of time to make a decision on a side bet and if I do I will be sure to post it, but it will be for a smaller wager than the over. Good luck buddy!

Comment

damn, I can't believe the over didn't hit....

i went 0-3 on this game, guess that's why you don't switch your plays!!!

Comment

That was a great game to watch, if Barca could have hit the easy kick in in the box or the free kick from just outside the box at about the 50 minute mark, the over would have hit too. Sorry about the loss juan.

Comment

Working...
                  X