No announcement yet.

Tony K is FINALLY gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little OT but the worst color guy I ever heard was David Justice.
    Most of comments were akin to "The clouds are now covering the sun. If the clouds dissipate, it will be a sunny day." Or in baseball terms, "Manny Ramirez is not making good contact with the ball at this time;his timing appears to be off. Once he gets that timing back, he will hit the ball better and his average will go up."

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

The funniest thing is he says he's quitting because of his fear of flying!

I think he's being canned and is being allowed to use his phobia as an excuse.

I just HATED him. Couldn't stand him. he never ever shut up. Talented broadcasters realize you must make your point in ten seconds. John Madden was brilliant at this. Kornheiser would go on and on like he was doing a talk show.

This is great great great news.

Comment

Now, can we get rid of Stuart Scott???

Comment

On balance the level of announcing is at an all time worst ... I don't know where the networks dig up this shit ... I have no patience so I mute the games in which the announcing is inferior.

The truth is that I learn a helluva lot more about players and teams by watching without sound than by hearing the words of a fool with all the hype and lies.

Comment

sellong kornholer!
              Winners don't wait for chances, they take them

Comment

Originally posted by CoverBoy View Post
                On balance the level of announcing is at an all time worst ... I don't know where the networks dig up this shit ... I have no patience so I mute the games in which the announcing is inferior.

The truth is that I learn a helluva lot more about players and teams by watching without sound than by hearing the words of a fool with all the hype and lies.
                Well said Neil, I do the same, I don't need some talking head
                to tell me what is going on.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by CoverBoy View Post

Years ago NBC broadcasted a NFL game between Jets and Miami without any announcers. It was a bust. With today's technology I've often wished they would try it again.

Comment

I'm going on record today. John Gruden, although better than Kornhole, will be another terrible announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                      Years ago NBC broadcasted a NFL game between Jets and Miami without any announcers. It was a bust. With today's technology I've often wished they would try it again.

Hey, I remember that game frank and it was actually on tv here. It was the weirdest thing i ever saw/heard. I thought maybe it wouldn't be that bad but i ended up hating it.

When refs were talking and stuff, i kinda needed somebody talking because half the time, i missed what was going on. You turn your head for a minute and look back and you are like, what the hell is going on. It was very weird! lol

Comment

My #1 most hated guy at ESPN ---> Chris Berman!

Comment

Good. Now I hope they cancel PTI too!

IMO, cancel PTI and make Around the Horn an hour long show. Wilbon only knows about the NBA, and Kornheiser is an idiot all together. The insight on ATH is ten times better than anything that is ever said on PTI.
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            The funniest thing is he says he's quitting because of his fear of flying!

I think he's being canned and is being allowed to use his phobia as an excuse.

I just HATED him. Couldn't stand him. he never ever shut up. Talented broadcasters realize you must make your point in ten seconds. John Madden was brilliant at this. Kornheiser would go on and on like he was doing a talk show.

This is great great great news.
                            It probably is an excuse, he could of bought a bus like Madden did.

Adios Kornhole!!!
                            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                              Yeah, I watched some but not like I have in the past. IMO all of the announcers suck for MNF. It should have never been moved over to ESPN.

Comment

Everyone has gotten thier wish gruden replaces kornheiser on mnf

Thank god dont know how gruden is behind the mike but he cant be as bad as tony.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already just heard
                                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
                                X