Baseball Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Trivia

Slow night, and a friend threw me some interesting trivia questions the other day. Thought I'd post a few here. ONE RULE: don't look them up. And if you've heard it before let some other guys get some guesses in. I'll try and post a new one after someone gets the previous question right. Might be fun. Feel free to throw your own question in there if I don't have one up here.

Question #1:

There are seven ways a player can reach first base without recording a base hit in the scorebook. Name all seven.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

walk, hit by pitch, strikeout and wild pitch or pass ball, error, cathcer/field interference, fielder's choice, pinch runner

Comment

LVJimmy has it. The Interference and PR are the tricky ones.......

Question #2:

What is the maximum number of hits a team can record in an inning without scoring a run. Name the number of hits and the scenario in which it occurs.

Comment

Question #3:

How much money has Chado lost in the past few days and also name the way in which he was robbed another winner tonight?

Answer: About $1200 and tonight Granderson climbs the wall the rob a 2 run walk off home run in the 9th inning that would have gave the Indians the win and Chado $230 instead $0
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Question #4:

How dumb is Chado?

Answer: Fucking retarded. He spent all his early season profts foolishly on stupid shit that he wouldnt have normally bought/blew under normal circumstances. He was a total moron not thinking it could all be gone in a heartbeat during a bad run and now he is actually in the hole so to speak because profits that he was anticipating while spending that arent there anymore.

Comment

Sorry slow night as you say trying to blow off a little steam.

That Granderson catch on Sizemore was just the icing on the cake recently. I just came home to see it and I almost wish I didnt even know how they lost.
            Last edited by Chado1; 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Question #2:

What is the maximum number of hits a team can record in an inning without scoring a run. Name the number of hits and the scenario in which it occurs.

Comment

LVJimmy has it. The Interference and PR are the tricky ones.......

Question #2:

5? 3 hits load the bases, guy get caught stealing home, guy gets caught stealing 3rd, 2 more hits load the bases

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                  5? 3 hits load the bases, guy get caught stealing home, guy gets caught stealing 3rd, 2 more hits load the bases
                  Five is incorrect. Question still stands

What is the maximum number of hits a team can record in an inning without scoring a run? Name the number of hits and the scenario in which it occurs.

Comment

Five is incorrect. Question still stands

What is the maximum number of hits a team can record in an inning without scoring a run? Name the number of hits and the scenario in which it occurs.
                    I believe 6 hits.

Two hits and two outs. Three more hits to load bases and 6th is when a batter gets a hit and a base runner passes another base runner. Batter credited with a hit although it's an out on the base runner for passing up another runner.

The other scenario might be the same as above although when the batter gets a hit, he hits a runner going from one base to the next. Batter credited with the 6th hit, but the base runner is out.

Not sure about the second scenario.

KAZ
                    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                      I believe 6 hits.

Two hits and two outs. Three more hits to load bases and 6th is when a batter gets a hit and a base runner passes another base runner. Batter credited with a hit although it's an out on the base runner for passing up another runner.

The other scenario might be the same as above although when the batter gets a hit, he hits a runner going from one base to the next. Batter credited with the 6th hit, but the base runner is out.

Not sure about the second scenario.

KAZ
                      Kaz is correct! A tough question. The second scenario is correct, and in fact would be more likely. A player passing another happens very rarely, especially with two outs and all runners going. But if a ball is hit and that ball hits the runner and ends the inning, the batter is awarded a hit. SIX is the correct answer.

Question #3:

What is the minimum number of hitters a pitcher must face in order to throw a complete game?

Comment

Question #3:

What is the minimum number of hitters a pitcher must face in order to throw a complete game?

Comment

27 but seems too obvious.
                          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

How about 15 if a rain out is considered a complete game?
                            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Thanks for the answers Zeib and PJ, but both are incorrect. Question still stands......

Comment

Working...
                              X