Hatton/Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton/Pacquiao Fight

I think Hatton (+200) is getting no respect going into this fight. While Pacquaio is an outstanding fighter I question his ability to hold 140 lbs. The guy originally started as a mini flyweight before running through both the featherweight and super featherweight divisions. He jumped to the lightweight division for 1 fight and then to the light welterweight division for the De La Hoya fight. He looked good in his beat down of De La Hoya but it was obvious that De La Hoya had more of an issue coming down in weight than Hatton did going up. In facing Hatton he is facing a true junior welterweight, one who can punch. It's Pacquaio's speed against Hatton's power. I like Hatton by KO between rounds 8-10. Anybody else have an opinion on this fight? Good luck to everyone.

Speed and crispness takes a huge advantage in fights like this. Pacquiao has both. The power of Hatton is going to be somewhat nullified since he's going to have a harder time getting his shots to land. However from what I've heard (I've not seen any Hatton fights) the guy does have some decent speed and he should be able to stand up to pretty much anything Pacquiao throws at him. Unfortunately if this goes to score cards Pacquiao wins.

Hatton is probably the better bettable fighter at +200. You may want to shop some though.

Another thought might be to try and take Pacquiao KO, TKO or DQ. I'm seeing +115 right now. I'd say there's a damn good chance Manny wins this fight better than 50% without a decision.

PK
    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight! Hatton has better value (+205). It's his weight class. That De La Hoya fight is somewhat inflating the public's perception of Manny... It should be a very good one!
      2019 SEASON
      NCAAF
      42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
      11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

Pacquiao is the best pound for pound in the world right now. I have seen them both fight a few times and Manny is overall just the better fighter IMO. I have been wrestling around with how to bet this fight also and I have decided that Manny probably won't knock out Hatton and I really don't think Hatton will be able to knock Manny out. I like Manny Pacquiao in a decision.

Thegreek.com
        Pacquiao by decision +300

Comment

Originally posted by peanutgallery View Post
          Can't wait for this fight! Hatton has better value (+205). It's his weight class. That De La Hoya fight is somewhat inflating the public's perception of Manny... It should be a very good one!

Just b/c he's the dog doesnt mean he has value. IMO Manny has value at -240. He would get pounded even if he was -340. Should be a good fight for a while, but MP is the better fighgter and should get the W.

Comment

Originally posted by aplous View Post
            Just b/c he's the dog doesnt mean he has value. IMO Manny has value at -240. He would get pounded even if he was -340. Should be a good fight for a while, but MP is the better fighgter and should get the W.
            I totally agree. That's not how I meant it to come out.
            I like Hatton's power (knocking out Luis Castillo with a body shot). Also I think many underrate his footwork and speed as displayed in the fight he had with Ben Tackie serveral years back.
            I think the way the fight is reffed will be huge. When they are in the clinch, is the ref going to break them up or is he going to let them try to box out? If he let's them go, advantage Hatton...
            There will be more props as the fight draws near but for now my book only has the over/ under. What say you guys:
            o9 1/2 rounds (-145)
            u9 1/2 rounds (+115)???
            2019 SEASON
            NCAAF
            42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
            11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

K-o between 9th and 10 th round hatton well i hope so . And so does the bank that holds the deed to my casa

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                Speed and crispness takes a huge advantage in fights like this. Pacquiao has both. The power of Hatton is going to be somewhat nullified since he's going to have a harder time getting his shots to land. However from what I've heard (I've not seen any Hatton fights) the guy does have some decent speed and he should be able to stand up to pretty much anything Pacquiao throws at him. Unfortunately if this goes to score cards Pacquiao wins.

Hatton is probably the better bettable fighter at +200. You may want to shop some though.

Another thought might be to try and take Pacquiao KO, TKO or DQ. I'm seeing +115 right now. I'd say there's a damn good chance Manny wins this fight better than 50% without a decision.

PK
                agree completeley here PK, i love hatton but manny will be too much i think.

Comment

Originally posted by jaunblaze6 View Post
                  Pacquiao is the best pound for pound in the world right now. I have seen them both fight a few times and Manny is overall just the better fighter IMO. I have been wrestling around with how to bet this fight also and I have decided that Manny probably won't knock out Hatton and I really don't think Hatton will be able to knock Manny out. I like Manny Pacquiao in a decision.

Thegreek.com
                  Pacquiao by decision +300
                  I agree with you on manny...but

when it comes to pound for pound in boxing hate him or love him there is a man named maywheather who manny will probably fight if he wins, and then manny will lose.....and then maywheather will probably retire again.

they don't call him money maywheather for nothing and for the record i hate him, but i take him EVERY time.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
                    I agree with you on manny...but

when it comes to pound for pound in boxing hate him or love him there is a man named maywheather who manny will probably fight if he wins, and then manny will lose.....and then maywheather will probably retire again.

they don't call him money maywheather for nothing and for the record i hate him, but i take him EVERY time.
                    I hate the man too...But he's got some awesome skillz. I hope to get to see him and Pacquiao. Though I agree that Manny is toast.

PK

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                      I hate the man too...But he's got some awesome skillz. I hope to get to see him and Pacquiao. Though I agree that Manny is toast.

PK
                      PK he is literally the only fighter that i'm constantly impressed with just when he hits mits. no other fighter ever has ever wowed me just by hitting mits.

and if manny wins, trust me we will get to see maywheather/pacquiao........

that's how money may rolls.......when there is no one to fight....retire....every time they bring up a challenger, he beats them and then says why should i keep fighting who else do i have to beat. we hate him, but we both know he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
                        PK he is literally the only fighter that i'm constantly impressed with just when he hits mits. no other fighter ever has ever wowed me just by hitting mits.

and if manny wins, trust me we will get to see maywheather/pacquiao........

that's how money may rolls.......when there is no one to fight....retire....every time they bring up a challenger, he beats them and then says why should i keep fighting who else do i have to beat. we hate him, but we both know he's right.
                        I may hate him but I definately respect him. He will never fight anyone that he doesnt feel has a chance. I hope beyond hope that Pacquiao wins this and excepts that fight.

PK

Comment

Working...
                        X