Yovanni Gallardo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yovanni Gallardo

Not only does he have a one-hit shutout through seven innings.......

he just broke up a 0-0 tie by HITTING A HOME RUN.

Final Score 1-0.

I wonder:

has this ever happened before????

Has a pitcher ever hit a home run for the only run in a 1-0 win in which he was the winning pitcher??

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      Final Score 1-0.

I wonder:

Has a pitcher ever hit a home run for the only run in a 1-0 win in which he was the winning pitcher??
      It happened to me in T-Ball once
      You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Final Score 1-0.

I wonder:

My guess is it has happened.

Watch Mike and Mike in the Morning. They always spew meaningless Elias stats. Almost every morning they have some meaningless from Elias. It's always some FIRST TIME EVER or FIRST TIME SINCE 1900.

Although, in today's game it's not meaningless. It's damn impressive.

Comment

Since 2004 there's been 112 games at 1-0. Of those games 61 times the lone run was from a home run. I'd never guess it was more than half.

Comment

Frank

You must have the most amazing database in the world.

I don't suppose you can look up who hit the 61 homers...LOL

Comment

This is the second time this year he has hit a HR that was the difference in him getting the win. He hit a 2-run HR off Randy Johnson in a 4-2 victory a couple weeks ago. He now has 4 HRs in 61 career at-bats.

Comment

Final Score 1-0.

I wonder:

It's happened 6 other times. The most recent was Odalis Perez on August 28, 2002.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Play By Play - August 28, 2002 - ESPN

Comment

On Mike and Mike they reported it was the 3rd time in MLB history where the pitcher also had 10+ strikeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                    Since 2004 there's been 112 games at 1-0. Of those games 61 times the lone run was from a home run. I'd never guess it was more than half.
                    In two of those games the lone home run was also the teams only hit. What's more interesting the White Sox Freddy Garcia was involved in both games.

First on the losing side in 2005 vs Twins with Santana on the mound. The lone hit/homer was a lead off homer in the 8th by Jacque Jones.

Then again the next season vs Cards. In this game Thome broke up the no-hitter vs. Anthony Reyes with one out in the 7th. Reyes was called up from Triple-A before the game.

Comment

Perfect Game vs 1 hitter

Sandy Koufax of the Los Angeles Dodgers threw a perfect game against the Chicago Cubs on September 9, 1965 winning 1-0. Bob Hendley, the Cubs pitcher, gave up one hit.

The lone hit was a double by Dodgers, Lou Johnson.

Sandy Koufax Perfect Game Box Score by Baseball Almanac

Comment

Working...
                      X