? on the UFC Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on the UFC Fight

Anyone know why in the Quarry vs Macdonald fight there has been a BIG swing in odds. Thursday Quarry was -125 now I just looked at a book he is +110 and Macdonald is -140. Thats a Huge move, anyone know anything? Any info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

i posted in tech fan's thread that i would of took quarry also, but my book took it down.

here is what i know. jason mcdonald is canadian 1st off, he actually just got a deal for a company to make his own action figure(yea i know a mcdonald action figure) anyway he's above average in both standing and on the ground, and he did look very good at weigh inn.

Quarry is one dimensional, (striker but he is a true striker, he pops you and your going down) and that is in part to his back surgies, he had good wrestling but not anymore with his back. this guy had some major back surgery i'd say 3 or 4 years ago and is kind of back now, ya know. i see people taking mcdonald for two reasons, he's canadian, and they both fought demian maia. mcdonald held his own through 3 subs and put on 2 subs of his own vs maia eventually losing, but quarry just literally got taken down from the top position and it was over in less than 2 minutes, you could tell quarry was lost on his back. i really don't know but i expect mcdonald to have a little reach advantage also.

hope some of this helps

Comment

in my opinion it was the weigh in buddy.Mcdonald looked ripped compared to last fight.These 2 guys are very close and should be a very close fight.I went with Quarry because i think Quarry will be better suited at controlling the pace of the fight,and wherever it goes.I think Mcdonald will be to impatient but of all the fights on the board this is the one i went back and forth on.Good luck to you in which way you go
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
        i posted in tech fan's thread that i would of took quarry also, but my book took it down.

here is what i know. jason mcdonald is canadian 1st off, he actually just got a deal for a company to make his own action figure(yea i know a mcdonald action figure) anyway he's above average in both standing and on the ground, and he did look very good at weigh inn.

Quarry is one dimensional, (striker but he is a true striker, he pops you and your going down) and that is in part to his back surgies, he had good wrestling but not anymore with his back. this guy had some major back surgery i'd say 3 or 4 years ago and is kind of back now, ya know. i see people taking mcdonald for two reasons, he's canadian, and they both fought demian maia. mcdonald held his own through 3 subs and put on 2 subs of his own vs maia eventually losing, but quarry just literally got taken down from the top position and it was over in less than 2 minutes, you could tell quarry was lost on his back. i really don't know but i expect mcdonald to have a little reach advantage also.

hope some of this helps

i agree with you on the maia fight but ever since i saw the way rich franklin beat jason mcdonald it has been hard to bet on him.I know it was 2 years ago but that always sticks in my mind.Now i know quarry is no where near as good as franklin but this is what i always think about on Mcdonald fights.
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
        X