X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poskid View Post
    Get it in Jerry. I agree it's a champ v dud

PK
    well why didn't anderson just go in for the kill everytime the dud went to the ground, like he does in all of his fights he is never hesitant to get on the ground.

anderson also didn't listen to his corner at all, happen to have a few brazilians at my house, he listened to them for 1st 2 rounds and then basically went freestyle, because he did not trust anyone but himself after 2 rounds and made sure he would win. watch how light on the feet he becomes at the begining of the 3rd round, then compare that to the 1st 2, it's a complete switch up and he needed to do it because he got taken down by a legit BJJ black belt.

PK c'mon man you should know that anyone that has a black belt under a ribeiro is not a dud, certain Black belts are BS but if you earn it from a ribeiro you earned it.
    Last edited by MR Pain; 04-19-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Nice job Jerry!
      2010: 23-12 +37.8
      2011: 4-0 + 20
      09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
        well why didn't anderson just go in for the kill everytime the dud went to the ground, like he does in all of his fights he is never hesitant to get on the ground.

anderson also didn't listen to his corner at all, happen to have a few brazilians at my house, he listened to them for 1st 2 rounds and then basically went freestyle, because he did not trust anyone but himself after 2 rounds and made sure he would win. watch how light on the feet he becomes at the begining of the 3rd round, then compare that to the 1st 2, it's a complete switch up and he needed to do it because he got taken down by a legit BJJ black belt.

PK c'mon man you should know that anyone that has a black belt under a ribeiro is not a dud, certain Black belts are BS but if you earn it from a ribeiro you earned it.

mr pain this was a statement i made in another thread and he was just agreeing with me.My point was that i thought this would be like boxing where they throw in a guy with a good record to face the champ when the guy has no shot of winning.This guy still had no chance.But yeah was very strange the way silva just sat there and watched him lay on the ground.Silva was scared to ground and pound and leites was scared to fight on his feet.
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
          mr pain this was a statement i made in another thread and he was just agreeing with me.My point was that i thought this would be like boxing where they throw in a guy with a good record to face the champ when the guy has no shot of winning.This guy still had no chance.But yeah was very strange the way silva just sat there and watched him lay on the ground.Silva was scared to ground and pound and leites was scared to fight on his feet.
          Yeah...I didnt say the guy was a chump or wasnt a really good fighter. He definately handles himself well and he's an excellent fighter however like Jerry said. There was really no way Silva was going to lose. You've seen my posts on MMA. I hate putting more than -200 juice on any fight because the propensity for a single shot to win a fight is unreal in MMA unlike any other sport. How many times have we seen a fight go to the final round where all one guy has to do is not get KO'd and lose to a wild swing???

But yeah this reminds me of boxing where they parade good but not great fighters into the path of a world class champ in order to keep him on top as long as possible. All I've heard for the last 2 weeks is how Silva is defending his belt for a record number of times. I really hope it's not true that UFC is starting to go that way. They have done a pretty good job of not doing that up until this fight. I love MMA enough to not want to see them bastardize it.

Speaking of this. Is there anyone out there right now that Silva won't make look like a chump? Is there any talent at the weight class right now? I know that lots of guys are cutting significant weight to get out of the heavy weight division so the LHW division is where a ton of the talent is getting pooled. However I havent heard or seen any significant moves for guys to drop from LHW to middle weight to get away from the cut down big guys. I may be out of the loop on these moves though too. Any feedback would be appreciated.

PK
          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Working...
          X