X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom, Bang, I'm outta here...John Madden to retire

I guess he waited on Brett Favre.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4073253
    Last edited by ***THA FIX***; 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM.

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
    I guess he waited on Brett Favre.

John Madden retiring from broadcast booth - ESPN
    I smell a Motel 6 coming soon!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Good Riddance. I never got it with him. As an analyst I though he stunk the last 10 years or more

Comment

Years ago I love Madden. However, he should have retired about 5 years ago.

Comment

I'll be the only one to say it i guess, i loved Madden. I loved his phrases, his excitement and his stupidity (At times). I like the sound of unique old timers and i had no problem watching a game called by Madden, in fact, i enjoyed it and it "Felt" like football season to me when i heard his voice.

I loved the Madden Cruiser too. I saw that thing built on the History channel on how it's made or something like that and it was the coolest ride i've ever seen. Roll on John!!!
          Last edited by wayne1218; 04-16-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

P.S. Give me Madden over that fucken tool Kornhole from MNF ... 8 days a week. That guy makes my ears hurt!

Comment

I'm with Wayne.Thanksgiving games won't be the same to me without him.Kornhole,Dennis Miller and most of the others was not even close to what Madden brought to the booth.He did say some stupid shit but he's an icon to alot of people if you ask me.Probably the worst thing out of this situation is my boy Frank Caliendo can't make fun of Madden if he's retired.Some of the funniest shit Frank ever did was at Maddens expense

Comment

I'm with Wayne and Vols fan also....Madden has ALWAYS been one of my favorites....

His candor, humor, and knowledge of the game to me was enticing....

I'll surely miss his humor at Thanksgiving, when he had the 8 legged turkey, and he showed his all man (FAT--Hungry big eating) teams...

To me, he had a knowledge of the game, and his humor just enhanced his being on the AIR....

Course, ther's gonna be some who disagree, just my take on HIM....

I'll miss him

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                  I'm with Wayne and Vols fan also....Madden has ALWAYS been one of my favorites....

I'll surely miss his humor at Thanksgiving, when he had the 8 legged turkey, and he showed his all man (FAT--Hungry big eating) teams...

To me, he had a knowledge of the game, and his humor just enhanced his being on the AIR....

I'll miss him
                  I can gurantee you won't ever see a game named Kornhieser 2012!!!!!!!! The man had a game named after him so he must have done something right along the way.To all the haters out there I just have 3 words for you:

TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN

Comment

If you compare Madden with Kornhole, who is horrible, then Madden looks good. If you compare Madden with someone who is actually good like Phil Simms, then he looks really bad. Madden was at the top of his game when he was teamed with Pat Summerall. He should have retired when Summerall did. I think over the last 5 years or so he has been terrible. I bet Harry Kalas dying had an influence on his decision. He probably doesm't want to wind up like Kalas, dead in the play by play booth.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                      If you compare Madden with Kornhole, who is horrible, then Madden looks good. If you compare Madden with someone who is actually good like Phil Simms, then he looks really bad. Madden was at the top of his game when he was teamed with Pat Summerall. He should have retired when Summerall did. I think over the last 5 years or so he has been terrible. I bet Harry Kalas dying had an influence on his decision. He probably doesm't want to wind up like Kalas, dead in the play by play booth.
                      Raven,I don't know if you like golf but Madden to me is alot like Nick Faldo.We booed that SOB for alot of years but now he brings a great insight to the game and to the booth.Seems people are holding a grudge against Madden cause he whipped alot of peoples asses in his day and now can't let that go.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                        To each their own i guess. I'm not looking for perfection in the booth when i watch a game. I want a guy who adds a different view and someone who really gets in to the game like we do. Madden wasn't the best at what he did but he enjoyed the game of football and i enjoyed listening to it through his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          P.S. Give me Madden over that fucken tool Kornhole from MNF ... 8 days a week. That guy makes my ears hurt!
                          Seriously, why is Kornhole on MNF? It's unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                            Seriously, why is Kornhole on MNF? It's unwatchable.

Frank, He literally ruins the game for me every monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post

I'll miss him
                              Ditto...never heard of a TURDUCKEN until Madden threw it out there! I will miss him.
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                              X