• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough season ahead for matt ryan and the falcons

Wow,one good season and the NFL sticks it to us:
    Home games
    Miami,Carolina,Chicago,Wash,TB,Philly,NO and Buffalo

Away games
    New England,SF,Dallas,New Orleans,Carolina,NY Giants,NY Jets and Tampa Bay.

Atl at NE week 3.Brady will have worked out all the kinks by then.It will kinda be a homecoming for Ryan but Brady at home is as good as it gets.The Falcons have never made the playoffs 2 years in row and it ain't looking like there going to be able to do it this time either.

How do you guys feel about your own schedules?

That is tough for the Falcons. They'll have to steal a couple. Who knows, some of those teams could have a big drop off. Hard to tell how Dallas, Jets and Bucs will be with major offseason moves...And of course my Skins will be a tossup.

As a Skins fan, we couldn't have gotten a more ridiculously easy schedule. Obviously they play in the toughtest division in the NFL so those games will all be brutal including opening at the Giants again. But the next 3 are the Rams, at Detroit and home against Tampa. Have to be at least 3-1 after those 4 or no way should this team be in the playoffs. They also play the AFC West, the worst division in the NFL.

Home games: Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Saints, Giants Cowboys
    Away games: Giants, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Raiders, Chargers

Honestly this is the easiest schedule I've seen this team have in a decade. There's no excuse for not making at least 10-6. If they don't, they have every right to can Zorn and clean house there.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99 View Post
      That is tough for the Falcons. They'll have to steal a couple. Who knows, some of those teams could have a big drop off. Hard to tell how Dallas, Jets and Bucs will be with major offseason moves...And of course my Skins will be a tossup.

As a Skins fan, we couldn't have gotten a more ridiculously easy schedule. Obviously they play in the toughtest division in the NFL so those games will all be brutal including opening at the Giants again. But the next 3 are the Rams, at Detroit and home against Tampa. Have to be at least 3-1 after those 4 or no way should this team be in the playoffs. They also play the AFC West, the worst division in the NFL.

Home games: Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Saints, Giants Cowboys
      Away games: Giants, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, Raiders, Chargers

Honestly this is the easiest schedule I've seen this team have in a decade. There's no excuse for not making at least 10-6. If they don't, they have every right to can Zorn and clean house there.
      10-6 looks dead on Hokie.5-3 at home and 5-3 on the road is what my early thoughts would be

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
        10-6 looks dead on Hokie.5-3 at home and 5-3 on the road is what my early thoughts would be
        Not to mention they play against 5 first time head coaches, including a stretch of 3 in a row at one point. That's got to be some kind of record!

Comment

yes but with that SOS the BCS should rank them well.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Steelers schedule is laughable. Toughest game looks to be TN, maybe? But TN has to come in on Thurs Night to open the season. Have SD at home, and Balt twice. AFC West and NFC Cent, just marshmallow soft. Tomlin's going to have to do a great job getting the guys up every week, look to be DD Faves at least 1/2 their games.

I've been looking at it, and really trying to come up with 4 losses, but am struggling to do so.

Anything less than 12-4, and another division title would be a major disappointment IMO. Balt takes a step back with a tougher schedule than last year, and losing Ryan, the D is going to take a step back as well. I need not even bother to discuss Cle or Cincy, actually feel bad for any fan of either organization. Both are just flat out pathetic.

Guess Steelers need to play for Home field throughout!!

Obviously, I'm a fan, can anybody tell me I've got my rose colored glasses on? DBurgh, bring me back!!!!

Comment

i know they play the bills! lol
              twitter: @JumpouttheJim

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch View Post
                Steelers schedule is laughable. Toughest game looks to be TN, maybe? But TN has to come in on Thurs Night to open the season. Have SD at home, and Balt twice. AFC West and NFC Cent, just marshmallow soft. Tomlin's going to have to do a great job getting the guys up every week, look to be DD Faves at least 1/2 their games.

I've been looking at it, and really trying to come up with 4 losses, but am struggling to do so.

Anything less than 12-4, and another division title would be a major disappointment IMO. Balt takes a step back with a tougher schedule than last year, and losing Ryan, the D is going to take a step back as well. I need not even bother to discuss Cle or Cincy, actually feel bad for any fan of either organization. Both are just flat out pathetic.

Obviously, I'm a fan, can anybody tell me I've got my rose colored glasses on? DBurgh, bring me back!!!!
                JCindaville will love you

Comment

Screw the Falcons, look at the Dolphins schedule. GL winning the AFC East again!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    Screw the Falcons, look at the Dolphins schedule. GL winning the AFC East again!
                    Tough as shit no doubt.ESPN had them ranked the toughest with the Falcons 4th.The NFL just likes sticking it to ole Tuna

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch View Post

With their tough schedule last year, a year like this is good for Pitt.
                      After looking at it, 13-3 looks pretty doable.
                      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Tough as shit no doubt.ESPN had them ranked the toughest with the Falcons 4th.The NFL just likes sticking it to ole Tuna

Hey, the schedules are what they are i guess. You finish in 1st and you get a 1st place schedule. You finish in 4th and you get a 4th place schedule. It is all predetermined so it really isn't shocking. Most know at the end of the season who they are playing next year. I thought we would get away from the Colts for one year after we finished 2nd and them cock suckers did the same as NE (2nd).

Comment

Wow,one good season and the NFL sticks it to us:

vols, i don't get this comment. You know the schedule is predetermined right?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            vols, i don't get this comment. You know the schedule is predetermined right?
                            If there predetermined why do they wait till April to put them out? I guess the answer to your question is no.When the Falcons lost to Arizona I didn't know it was prdetermined that they would play NE,dallas,NYG and so forth. I knew the schedule would be tougher but I didn't know until yesterday who we were playing

Comment

If there predetermined why do they wait till April to put them out? I guess the answer to your question is no.When the Falcons lost to Arizona I didn't know it was prdetermined that they would play NE,dallas,NYG and so forth. I knew the schedule would be tougher but I didn't know until yesterday who we were playing

It is predetermined EVERY year based on where you finish. Each year you rotate divisions in the other conference. You also play every team in your conference from other divisions THAT FINISHED WHERE YOU DID IN YOUR DIVISION ... Meaning, if you finish in 1st place, you play all the other 1st place division winners in your conference, plus your 6 division games, plus a division (2 home & 2 away) from the other conference on a rotating basis.

That is why NE Played Indy, Pittsburgh and San Diego every year for about the last 6 years ... because they all won their divisions. If you finish in 3rd in your division, you play all the other 3rd place teams in your conference. They started that years ago when they made 8 divisions to make it as fair as possible. As soon as the season ends, look at what place your team finishes and you will know that they are playing the other 3 teams in your conference who finished in the same place in their own division.

Nobody is getting screwed. If you win every year, you play the other winners every year and so on. Try being a ne fan and look at their schedule every year ... it is sickening!

Comment

Working...
                              X